I need help removing the speed limit on lishui

jsplinter

1 µW
Hey all, i own a s73-s1

good bike, but can get pretty annoying when there is a power / speed limit, as I only use it for short commutes, then go on charging again.

i was wondering if i was able to remove the limiter, what hardware / software i would need, and where to get.

controller is a LISHUI - LSW1575-1-1F

Thank you!

- jackson

"dumb" controllers sometimes have a wire pair used to engage a limit, that when disconnected remove the limit. It's unlikely yours will ahve that; it's probably a setting in the controller firmware--but most OEM bikes are not programmable for those things outside the factory. YOu can check your display menus, but dont' change anything without first noting down every setting in every menu (so you can put them back if a change makes it not work the way you want, or not work at all).

You can check the Lishui open source firmware project thread to see if yours is compatible with it or not. If it isn't, then most likely there isn't a way for you to reprogram the controller, and you'd need to replace it (and probably it's display) with a new kit that has the features you want.

If there's other stuff on the bike that is run by the controller, you'll either need to make sure the new controller can also run that stuff, or else lose the features or have to figure out some other way to use them.

Conectors maynot be the same so you might end up having to cut and splice, so you may have to figure out all y our original wiring before you disconnect thngs.

jsplinter said:
Hey all, i own a s73-s1

good bike,

No, it's not. If it were a good bike, you'd have seen bikes similar to it before e-bikes became a thing.

Bikes that require a motor's help before they're worth riding aren't good bikes. Better to add a motor to a bike you'd be willing to ride without one.

There are Super 73 models that go faster than yours. If that was what you wanted, you should have gotten one of those models instead. Maybe the manufacturer will sell you a controller from one of the peppier versions.

jsplinter said:
Hey all, i own a s73-s1

good bike, but can get pretty annoying when there is a power / speed limit, as I only use it for short commutes, then go on charging again.

i was wondering if i was able to remove the limiter, what hardware / software i would need, and where to get.

controller is a LISHUI - LSW1575-1-1F

Thank you!

- jackson

What is the bike's speed on flat ground, and what is the speed with the back wheel off the ground?

Back