Inokim Jager thumb throttle lcd hack

anis399

1 µW
Hello folks, this is my first time here soo hope all goes well.

I have 2023 Inokim OX 60v. I upgraded the scooter with a new GEN5 Jager controller. it is a plug and play system... no need to cut or change anything from the stock harness.

Yesterday i unplugged the light module from the controller and turned on the scooter.
The LCD went crazy... started to heat up and crazy fonts occurred.

I re-plugged back the light module but there was no more lights and the LCD no longer displays good charecrtaristics.

am am getting now always error 30 with is Communication error but when i hit the throttle the scooter moves as normal.

I dont know where to start looking for a fix...
I reinstalled the stock controller but same issue.. bad LCD chars and no lights but the motor works fine...

I looked on the net, probably not enough but i did not find a wiring for the Inokim OX 6-pin LCD screen.
Can i bypass the lcd screen and connect a cheap thumb-throttle which is analog?

I can order a replacement but will take weeks to arrive and i use my scooter daily for work and university.
and to be honest i hate that lcd. i prefer just to have voltmeter and a thumb throttle.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks!!

Sounds like the LCD fried, probably it's internal power supply that converts battery voltage to low voltages failed and put out too high a voltage for the stuff inside the LCD.

You might be able to bypass the LCD to turn the controller on if you can find the B+ wire that comes out of the controller to the display, and the Lock (KSI, ignition, etc) wire that returns that B+ to the controller when the LCD is turned on, and connect those two directly together at the controller side of the connector.

Don't guess at which wires it is, because if it's wrong you'll be connecting battery voltage to low-voltage parts and your controller will now be damaged too. :(

Without the LCD you will only have whatever the default power-on assist / etc level there is, and any other functions. Everything else controlled by the LCD will not work.

If the throttle just passes thru the LCD and goes to the controller as an analog signal (it might) then you can wire that directly, too, but you'll have to trace out the wiring to see if the controller has an analog in for it or not, in hte bundle of wires out of the LCD.

A very few systems use the LCD MCU to read the throttle, brake, and other sensors, and send all that to the controller MCU serially--in those systems, you have to use that specific LCD and controller pair to make the system work.

If you're willing to open things up and take good clear well-lit (direct sunlight is best) pictures of the LCD board on both sides, showing where the wires enter and exit the board, the markings on it may help us find which wires you need, and then give you directions to connect them.

Sounds like the LCD fried, probably it's internal power supply that converts battery voltage to low voltages failed and put out too high a voltage for the stuff inside the LCD.

You might be able to bypass the LCD to turn the controller on if you can find the B+ wire that comes out of the controller to the display, and the Lock (KSI, ignition, etc) wire that returns that B+ to the controller when the LCD is turned on, and connect those two directly together at the controller side of the connector.

Don't guess at which wires it is, because if it's wrong you'll be connecting battery voltage to low-voltage parts and your controller will now be damaged too. :(

Without the LCD you will only have whatever the default power-on assist / etc level there is, and any other functions. Everything else controlled by the LCD will not work.

If the throttle just passes thru the LCD and goes to the controller as an analog signal (it might) then you can wire that directly, too, but you'll have to trace out the wiring to see if the controller has an analog in for it or not, in hte bundle of wires out of the LCD.

A very few systems use the LCD MCU to read the throttle, brake, and other sensors, and send all that to the controller MCU serially--in those systems, you have to use that specific LCD and controller pair to make the system work.

If you're willing to open things up and take good clear well-lit (direct sunlight is best) pictures of the LCD board on both sides, showing where the wires enter and exit the board, the markings on it may help us find which wires you need, and then give you directions to connect them.
Hello, Thank you for your reply.

I did end up getting another lcd. and ordered a new one online plus bought 6 pin male-female connectors. I am planning no detecting the wires and redesign my own lcd via ble to my iPhone.

I already know that there is a
UART Rx and TX from the lcd to the controller
Throttle bypassed because I had no communication with thee controller but still had full control over the scooter. ( Not sure if it is analog or some sort of PWM)
GND
VCC (BAT/5V ?) will test it soon
last wire from the 6 pin is supposed to be the enable wire probably....

brake lines etc goes to the controller.

Shops sell that low cost screen for 900nis which is 234 USD (CREAZYYY!!!) i will be doing that project the following month and post it on github.

Back