KU123 100V Mod: success!

I am glad to hear everything works fine.

How did you test the shunt mod? Did you have wattmeter or Ammeter to check the difference?
I would like to mod another KU123 for my next build and increase the max amps, use irfb4110 fets, beef up the traces etc..

So what are the final amps/volts you can use these at? I need to start modding about ten of these.

I am currently using my latest modded one at 72v nominal (84v fully charged). Peak amps about 40. IRFB4110, beefed up traces, changed caps with 100v ones. Been using this one pretty heavily for a few weeks now and no problems so far.
I did not increase the amps..I don't need more for now.

Same question: I bought a 36V / 250W ebike with a sine wave controller. I would like to get a slightly higher torque via the shunt mod. Does the shunt mod work on a sine wave controller? the controller is marked 11.5 amp and I want to push it to 14/15 amp.

Thanks.

My un-modded KU123 can gobble up 30amps on my 12s lipo battery (500w bafang), I have watt meter between the battery and controller. I am tempted to cut one of the shunts my self to try and get the same top speed but with out so much torque. I want to try and extend my range a bit. I like the torque but dont need it, I guess I am also just interested in experimenting. I have a feeling after I have done it and ridden like that for a bit I will want to go back to original setup.

Back