la Nina rears her ugly head

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
************************************************************************ :)

Detailed Forecast
Overnight
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 40. Calm wind. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Monday
Partly sunny, with a high near 58. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Monday Night
A chance of showers after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Tuesday
A chance of showers, mainly before 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 49. Southwest wind 10 to 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Tuesday Night
A slight chance of showers before 10pm. Areas of frost after midnight. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 32. West wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 56.
Wednesday Night
Clear, with a low around 33.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 59.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 36.
Friday
A slight chance of showers after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 62.
Friday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Saturday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 56.
Saturday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Sunday
A chance of showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 60.

La Niña Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
********************************************************************************************************** :D
High wind driving the rain which suddenly began minutes ago.
Detailed Forecast
This Afternoon
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 49. Southwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
Tonight
A chance of rain showers before 10pm, then a slight chance of snow showers. Areas of frost after midnight. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 32. West wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.

Edit: Looked out the window and saw white stuff on the ground. Took a photo out front of what appears to be graupel here & there on the front lawn.
0D49193F-B4C4-45E1-AE41-C9F826031C2B.jpeg

45F in mid-February in Minnesnowta. WTF?

The fingers said:
Edit: Looked out the window and saw white stuff on the ground. Took a photo out front of what appears to be graupel here & there on the front lawn.
0D49193F-B4C4-45E1-AE41-C9F826031C2B.jpeg
I've been seeing that most mornings for the last couple of months in a few specific areas--pretty much just on the bare ground areas taht have no grass, and are hardest-packed from the pounding JellyBean (and other dogs previously) give it on their zoomies.

https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/fulldisk_band.php?sat=G18&band=Sandwich&length=12
If one of the next storm systems connects to and starts to draw pineapple moisture surrounding the Hawiian Islands we could get some more significant precipitation but currently dominated by high pressure making it less likely.

News never says nothing. Equal chances, ha! What I want to know what the low pressure system and heavy rains in Hawaii does for our chances? The big North Pacific high so far is sinking its chances of helping us.

Detailed Forecast​

Today
Partly sunny, with a high near 61. North wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 41. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 66. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 41. Southeast wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 67. Northeast wind around 5 mph becoming west in the morning.
Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 42.
Washington's Birthday
Sunny, with a high near 67.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 43.
Tuesday
A slight chance of showers after 4pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
Tuesday Night
A chance of showers, mainly after 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 39.
Wednesday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 50. Breezy.
Wednesday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 35.
Thursday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49.

Chances for rain last night evaporated (well, actually veered west over the ocean). Next chance is in about a week.

Last edited:
They are talking over 2 inches around here. Guess I will get a good testing of the roof I just put over my mothers porch... :rolleyes:

Snow down to 800’ here Thursday. That’s still a lot higher than my elevation. I’m getting some heavy wind today. Up to 50 mph gusts forecast. That means I’ll have to clean up the yard again when it’s over. Rain or snow expected starting tomorrow and freezing cold.

Tonight
Partly cloudy. A slight chance of showers in the evening, then a chance of showers and a slight chance of thunderstorms after midnight. Patchy blowing dust after midnight. Windy and colder. Lows 41 to 49. Southwest wind 20 to 35 mph. Gusts up to 40 mph in the evening increasing to 55 mph after midnight. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Wednesday
Mostly sunny. A chance of showers in the morning. Patchy blowing dust through the day. Windy. Snow level 2500 feet. Much cooler. Highs 54 to 58. West wind 20 to 35 mph. Gusts up to 55 mph in the morning decreasing to 45 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 30 percent.
Wednesday Night
Partly cloudy, windy and colder. Lows 34 to 42. Southwest wind 15 to 25 mph in the evening becoming south 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Gusts up to 35 mph in the evening

Snow down to 800’ here Thursday. That’s still a lot higher than my elevation. I’m getting some heavy wind today. Up to 50 mph gusts forecast. That means I’ll have to clean up the yard again when it’s over. Rain or snow expected starting tomorrow and freezing cold.
Ugh. Have/had plans to drive to Vegas, but 1 ft snow forecasted over the Tehachapis tomorrow. Good that I have a cancellation option.

12" to 20" over the next 3 days, WOOHOO SE MN goes dead! Why I love winter after 30 years of sun, the world here stops.

Only 0.06” overnight. Really windy, gusts to 27 mph.

Detailed Forecast​

Overnight
A slight chance of snow showers. Partly cloudy, with a low around 34. Southwest wind around 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Wednesday
A slight chance of snow showers before 10am, then a chance of rain and snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 45. Breezy, with a west wind 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Wednesday Night
Rain showers likely before 4am, then rain and snow showers likely. Increasing clouds, with a low around 34. Southwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Thursday
Rain and snow showers likely before 10am, then rain showers. High near 41. Southeast wind 5 to 10 mph becoming south in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
Thursday Night
Showers. Low around 36. Southeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Friday
Rain. High near 47. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Friday Night
Rain. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 38. Chance of precipitation is 90%.
Saturday
Showers. The rain could be heavy at times. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46.
Saturday Night
Showers likely, mainly before 10pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34.
Sunday
A slight chance of showers before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 46.
Sunday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
Monday
Partly sunny, with a high near 52.
Monday Night
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 37.
Tuesday
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 51.

Last edited:
Back