la Nina rears her ugly head

110's F today thru next few, bits of cloud but not enough to help much, just humidity making it worse.

Can I have winter back?

Oh....and the air conditioning doesn't work in the warehouse where I work (no functional sensor back there anymore to tell it to turn on, and not enough ducts, etc), so the only way to keep it to the low 80s back there is to leave the doors open all the time to the rest of the store, which we're not supposed to do...but we have to, 24/7. Close them for even a few minutes and the temperature starts going up a few degrees. Will get over 90F back there fairly quick without the airflow thru the doors. Been trying to get higher ups to do something about it for weeks now...last year I was told nobody could do anything about it, and so we just had to live with it and leave doors open all the time. This year at least I have my boss helping to try getting it fixed, but so far it's not happening. Maybe we should leave the door shut, and when I pass out from heatstroke doing my job back there, the hospital stay they'll have to pay for will make them change their minds.

Detailed Forecast
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 63. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 94. Light west wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 60. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 92. Light west wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 58. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 89.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 58.
Independence Day
Sunny, with a high near 90.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 59.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 95.
Friday Night
Clear, with a low around 61.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 97.
Saturday Night
Clear, with a low around 62.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 94.

Detailed Forecast
This Afternoon
Sunny, with a high near 84. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
Tonight
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, increasing clouds, with a low around 56. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Tuesday
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming sunny, with a high near 89. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Tuesday Night
Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 59. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
Wednesday
Patchy fog before 11am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 95. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Wednesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 61.
Thursday
Sunny, with a high near 99.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 63.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 103.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 65.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 102.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 65.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 99.

Over 110F from earlier this week to sometime next week. Was cloudy yesterday, which helped whenever I had to be outside, but didnt' get any of the rain they had predicted. (southeast valley did, many miles from where I am).

Very sunny and hot today; it's still over 100F out there and the sun set an hour ago. :/ Probably wont' get below 90F before dawn starts the whole thing over again.

Gonna be this way for a while (weeks)...though it'll get more and more humid, and eventually we'll actually get some thunderstorms and rain. Tucson area is getting some right now, but it is not coming this way.

Detailed Forecast
Today
Sunny, with a high near 101. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph.
Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Monday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 101. Light west wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon.
Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 69. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 101. Calm wind becoming west around 5 mph in the afternoon.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 71.
Wednesday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 101. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Wednesday Night
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms before 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 71.
Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 102.
Thursday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 70.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 101.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 66.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 101.

:oops:

might rain tomorrow night, but it's gonna be close to 110F again first. Even then, only 20% chance of rain...

Tonight a big storm missed the valley by around a hundred miles or so, to the southwest of us. Flash floods there. Smelled like rain here but wasnt' more htan just barely cloudy--you could see bright stars thru it, and Jupiter.

El Niño Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
****************************************************************** :eek:

https://www.star.nesdis.noaa.gov/GOES/sector_band.php?sat=G17&sector=psw&band=GEOCOLOR&length=12

Dunno if it'll reach me (just to the left of the I17 highway, going north/south to the left of the +Phoenix marking), but the storm is big and angry; I can see lightning off in that direction now and then...thankfully Yogi hasn't noticed, nor is there thunder yet. It was bigger and much redder half an hour ago when it was still outside the valley, to the southeast. It's heading just about directly for me right now, but there are mountains/etc between here and there, that might not let it pass.

Attachments

• weather.png
    weather.png
    240.4 KB · Views: 1,616
Some rain atop Mt. San Gorgonio and Mt. San Jacinto, but the heavier stuff is currently south of Tecate, Mexico. It rained briefly at work early today before I got there, didn’t have any at home. :(

Detailed Forecast
Today
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 102. West wind 5 to 15 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Tonight
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 72. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday
A slight chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 100. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 70. South wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.

That's actually hotter than it's been here all year so far (we haven't gotten the 115F+ temps that often happen; thankfully it's been around 110F or less most of the time, and now it's going down for the highs, though the average temp is probably the same or higher since it is hot longer and cools off less at night, with the humidity in the air to prevent escape of the heat.

We did get some rain, both last night and the night before, though not enough to make puddles or even to make any of my plants happy, so I'm still having to water a lot.

Satellite view of a mesoscale convection zone south of the border, the kind of severe weather storm that causes lots of damage here.
https://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/west/sw/h5-loop-ft.html :twisted:

El Niño Rain Gage
Nothin'/Skunked-Foggy Doggy-Play Misty-Drizzle Corn-Light Showers-Steady Soaker-Bands/Sheets-Cats & Dogs
************************************************************** :)

Zippity Doo Dah......

Detailed Forecast
Today
Sunny, with a high near 95. Northwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Tonight
Mostly clear, with a low around 65. Southwest wind 5 to 10 mph becoming light and variable in the evening.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 93. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Friday Night
Clear, with a low around 62. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the evening.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 93. Light and variable wind becoming southwest 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 63.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 95.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 66.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 96.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 68.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 98.