Li-ion cells cycle ageing

Pajda's Comments and Thoughts (PCT):
- Samsung 40T3 finaly reach 1000 cycles, it will now pass the final test on precision tester in TC to complete the data table and then will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- Samsung 25R8 had a bad start, where due to a faulty data cable I lost the first few data and the detection of this fault took quite a long time, otherwise it would have been about 150 cycles.
- BAK CNP-25 will start this week.

.. and as previously teased, the 2021 Christmas gift is in the process :roll:

Pajda said:
Pajda's Comments and Thoughts (PCT):
- Samsung 40T3 ... inducted into the Hall of Fame.

Very impressive results on that cell, makes me wish I would've waited a little longer and gone with the 40T over the P42A with my latest packs.

Just for the sake of curiosity, I'm thinking about running a 5C 4.08V-3.05V cycle test on my spare P42A cell to see how keeping it in a more conservative range impacts % capacity degradation over time. I think it would be interesting to compare it to your 5C results.

selfdischarge-voltage-drop-jpg.286731

(also experienced higher than normal self-discharge with nine "141" 30Q cells in my 10s3p experimental Vruzend V.2 kit after 125 cycles and then again 3 more "141" cells after another 125 cycles).

On another note It looked like docware had some problems with [shortened] cycle tests of 35E (3500mAh 8A) on his charts ?

How would docware or Pajda rate Samsung 35E in comparison to say SanyoGA and LG MJ1 (both 3500mAh 10A). Asking because Grin Technology uses 35E (8A MCD) in one of their triangular battery packs (14s7p). Of these three 3500mAh cells can we conclude from the Ageing Tests by docware that 35E is just as good if not slightly better in overall performance than SanyoGA and LG MJ1 ?

Last edited:
Back