Link's first ebike. (Now: The S-Go)

I find it amusing that an electronic genius and fabrication wizard like yourself can't or won't true a back wheel. :) I'm such a virgo stuff like that sends me batty. I'll stop in the middle of a ride to tweak something into tune.

Hey, I built both wheels to begin with. :p But I lost my spoke wrench (possibly in the mess on my workbench, but I doubt it), so I'm waiting on a new one...

OOOG.

I really need to get to work on remaking the BMX, because this is really becoming a hassle...

One of these pins has been bent for a while, but I THOUGHT it was the side that handled the throttle. Only the first, third, and last pins in that row are connected to anything. But NOOOO, it's the side with the hall sensors. This explains why it stalled if I gave it full throttle from a stop.

DSCN1154.jpg

I bent two more pins somehow last week, and then it wouldn't run. That's how I discovered my throttle/hall error. This posed a very big problem, because I need it to get to work today, and replacing that many pins with extra pins taken out of the middle of the connector would have taken too long. So, seeing as how I needed this fixed NOW, I ghetto up a solution; I'll replace the pins with something else.

I was gonna use a cut up needle, but I couldn't get it soldered to the pin. Eventual cure? Replace the pins with solder. Yeah, replace them with one of the most flexible metals in existance. :roll:

DSCN1155.jpg

(I'm aware I had issues using a screwed up, flat soldering tip near a chunk of plastic, thanks.)

Upside: It works, and doesn't stall anymore. Downside: I'm afraid to take off the battery again, which kinda kills the whole purpose of the rack.

OH WELL. Time for work.

If you end up having to try to replace the pins with solder again, maybe you can try tinning up piece of 16-18 awg wire and using it instead. That should grab better than a cut up needle and tinned wire should be rigid enough.

And Drunkskunk is right.

I just realized

Where is.......

Update! :D

TPA said:
Where is.......

Update! :D

Well, after the solder pin's broken off inside the stupid contact, I managed to get it working twice more by jamming a tiny piece of solder into the thing and having that press on what's left of the pin halves. That, of course, was an emergency repair, and never was intended to hold up for any significant length of time.

Took the box completely apart today and I don't plan on putting it back together as it is. It really needs to be done less half-assed, especially regarding how the battery is held in place inside the box and how power is actually switched on and off. I got an idea of how to make a better connecting system that won't require too much modification of the box, but I'm going to have to get my other bike working temporarily using this one's controller before I repair the box. I just don't want to hassle working the bugs out of a whole new connection method when I need to get something semi-reliable together. Having to get a ride to work kinda sucks, and, of course, isn't as fun.

So, basically, this thing's out of commission until the other bike's complete. No idea when that'll be, though. I need a relatively small additional bit of hardware ($$). Wouldn't be a problem, but I've been very broke lately when it comes to actual spendable funds. Mostly because I now have to pay a bit of rent ($100/mo) and have been saving nearly half of every paycheck since June for a very late, very special birthday present to myself. I currently have $0.69 in my checking account, don't get paid until this Friday, and owe rent. :( Totally finished PCX isn't happening for a while, I think.

Back