Lock is in the hospital, was in a coma

Glad he's going in the right direction.. my good thoughts are coming his way.
get well soon.. nice to see he has family support

EMUrg.jpg

I was gonna post a sexy nurse card, but thought it might not be tactful if your wife and kids were gonna read this ;)

Anyways, I enjoy your post's, and hope your bump heals up. I almost killed myself falling face first off my bike into a dumpster last winter because I wasn't paying attention and my bike fell over. Silly, little accidents happen whether you plan for them or not. Part of being human is realizing the frailty of life...

Hi All, we received the card and just want to say a big thank you to everyone and especially to Big Moose for putting together. Dad has looked at it several times and im pretty sure he knows and it means a lot to him. As dad told a friend who came to visit the other day, he's "alive and kicking!!"

rebelpilot said:
I just read on the TERA message board Lock pulled out his feeding tube on the 18th, and the nurses fed him. Sounds like good news.

That is good news!! If he pulled it out himself he is getting fiesty! That is good. Perhaps time for that nurses card auraslip!

Get back on your feet Lock, we miss those historical posts ... a lot!

Feisty is good. Lock - we pulling for you!

Hi Everyone, bit of an update for the group. Lock was moved to a rehab hospital here in Toronto called Bridgepoint Health. It's got a good reputation with head trauma and general physio.

I saw him there today and his progress over the last week is remarkable. One of his daughters had an iPad that he was using to look around on some sites and they tell me that they noticed ES in the brower history. Concentration is still an issue at this point so nobody knows if he tried to log on but at this rate he will probably be looking for a password reset in a few weeks 8) He's been up walking and will shortly have a rehab program in place to work on.
I dropped off an old laptop for him to use until somebody steals it so I'll let you know when he's set up with and email add to use from there.

The card that Bigmoose sent was excellent, thanks for that!

Doug

Thank you for the update !

Is there a need for funds by any chance ?.. if times are tough we are usually good at putting together some donations, i'm sure many here would gladly donate, self included, without being intrusive would one of his daughters or trusted friends be willing to supply a paypal or equivalent means of contributing ?

Lock we all miss you. You are one of my favorite people to chat with at our Ebike Meetups and will certainly be missed this Sunday.

I wish you the best and a speedy recovery.

Gary

I just got off the phone with Lock's oldest daughter, she was on her way to visit him in the rehab centre...

Lock, you are one tough sob !!!!!! anyone who survives a tumble down 20 cement stairs .. well.. nuff said ! :shock:

minor setback that will require a dentist i'm told, :? .. the old " all i want for christmas is my 2 front teeth " applies a bit too realistically.

So, lock is speaking, and is only on tylenol so no big pain meds, i think that's a good thing, will be quite a while before he's back on his ebike, but winter is almost here so lock, if you are reading this, get it together for an early spring man !!!

We are going to setup a paypal donation, so folks, cash in those beer bottles and shake those piggy banks, it's going to be a few days before we can make sure the account is working properly, no sense in sending funds until we know all is working properly. .. just a heads up for everyone, spread the word to other forums that may wan to participate..

During times like these, every dollar counts so if you have a few $ to spare, let's get our heads together and make this happen !

8)

Ypedal said:
Thank you for the update !

Is there a need for funds by any chance ?.. if times are tough we are usually good at putting together some donations, i'm sure many here would gladly donate, self included, without being intrusive would one of his daughters or trusted friends be willing to supply a paypal or equivalent means of contributing ?

Hello everyone,

I want to say it is very heartwarming to see all the well wishes for our Dad (Lock) on this and other forums. My sister and I thank everyone for their support.

Dad is doing extremely well considering he had a 10% chance of ever coming out of his coma. He has started the road to recovery and we expect to have ups and downs, as we have had already. He recogzines everyone and has, from what we see, his same personality back and he even smiles and makes jokes at times! He is learning to walk again, with assistance, and relearning some cognitive skills with the help of therapy.

My sister and I have been going through a lot, and are striving for nothing less than a full recovery for our dad. We dont know how long that will take or what it will mean, so when Ypedal asked if we needed help I think it would be silly for us not to accept. Lock is a humble, proud and stubborn man and I'm sure if he was given the choice to accept help or not he would decline, however we are saying yes so all of you can help us help him. So with that I have set up a pay pal account with: jhughes @strathallen.com and we humbly and graciously accept help.

I stickied this ( will leave it up for a while ) and quoted the above post to page 1, we tested the paypal process and confirmed it's working, 8) , i also spoke to Jhughes on the phone the other day, made sure things are right..

So anyone who can spare a few dollars, hospital care is free ( i hesitate to call it that, and anyone who's been in a canadian hospital knows what i'm talking about, assuming ON is the same mess as NB is... ) in canada, but life is not... every little bit helps.

donations to : jhughes @strathallen.com
(* you will need to remobe the space before the @ symbol, spam control measure )
Cheers.

8)

Ypedal, just a little nit, but PayPal doesn't like the space between jhughes and the @. When you copy and paste you then have to go back and fix it.

Paypal also makes a small charge when you send a gift these days. There's a way around it, such as paying directly from your checking account instead of using a debit or credit card.

Back