Looking for a more reliable display than the KTLCD's...

Klauts

10 W
Hey everyone, I'm getting seriously fed up with the KTLCD and it's random glitches and automatic power down feature... I've been trying to find an alternative that will be compatible with a KT controller and I'm having no luck...

Failing that is there any way to run the bike without an LCD? The only info on the screen I really need is the live voltage readout... I could probably just install a handlebar ammeter and be a happy camper...

What about a controller that broadcasts via Bluetooth or wifi instead of via an LCD?

Thank you!

Failing that is there any way to run the bike without an LCD? The only info on the screen I really need is the live voltage readout... I could probably just install a handlebar ammeter and be a happy camper...

Thank you!
Displays are manufacturer specific, so chances of finding an alternative are slim. but you may be able to find a simpler KT display without the shutdown features, etc. Most KT controllers will come with a jumper that a lot of people just toss in their parts bin. The jumper is used to turn on the controller and run it headless/without a display. However, if you use you display and toggle switches to changes assist levels or any other functions, you won't have those options.
8a90831539aa5f3a89deeca2c2fbfcd19e470087_2048_2048.jpeg

So, could you just install the display and make your settings. Then just disconnect the display and use this jumper and your settings will be retained from the display? Is it that easy?

Settings are held in the display.....

Which one are you using?

You are getting a power down after no uses for several minutes, or something else?

Back