lubricate motor gears bosch classic line

kvanstee

1 µW
Hello. I've looked inside the motor twice and the white plastic gears look a little dry. What grease can I use that's compatible with what's there? I've seen 'bosch unit grease' in a video clip but having difficulty finding a tube to buy. Any suggestions?

Are you having a problem with the system?

Enough grease is enough to cover the mating surfaces, and bearing surfaces, etc. If that's present, it won't get better with more grease, as it will just be pushed off the surfaces and not do anything.

If you're trying to dampen noise, then sometimes packing the entire enclosure might help but probably not much.

That said, most of these white greases are a white lithium grease like this:

Also, there are various threads discussing gear grease and gear lube or lubrication for various motors that have suggestions, and probably some links here and there.

Ebikes.ca (grin tech) said that the red grease I show in my recent SB Cruiser trike posts is ok for the gears in the GMAC geared hubmotor, even though it originally used a white grease. (basically said as long as it doesn't have metal particles in it, it should be ok).

Back