mac motor pumping under high load

Lebowski said:
Just weighed it, 1.5 kg. Would cost 24 chf to send to austria...
ok. same here. 1.5kg would be 20€. let me try first with a sensorless controller, then i will hopefully know if it's hall related. thanks for the offer anyway. i'd like to see the controller "live" :)

Lebowski said:
Did you check phase voltages as described earlier ?
yes. i just went down to test it. had to assemble the motor first. i just gave a little throttle because the motor is installed in a wrench. measured every phase against the other two. even double checked. all voltages AC were within a tenth of a volt. all were 14.6-14.7 volts. so i guess this should be ok?!

Hi guys ,

I have the same problem. Recently bought a Mac 12T ( slow wind from Paul.

I'm using my 2014 Lyen 12 fet controller.. Controller worked very well with a big MXUS 3000 going all the way up to 6Kw.

Now when I use it with my mac, it's a little jumpy but it works fine when the tireis spinning in the air.

But when under any kind of a load it cuts in and out and surges. It's not the throttle because the throttle voltage going to the controller is steady.

Is it possible I have the phase and or hall sensors in the wrong order .. The motor even run if so ?

Thanks

It took a while for me to get my 12fet 4110 controller to smooth out thru the full range. Lower the battery amps, up the amps, changed the phase current. I finally got it smooth. Each different controller was different, a little.
Might not be the problem but I don't think you would want to run the same power thru a MAC as the mxus.

I do know that the controller from Paul was perfect from the start. I was talking about older ones from Keywin. Both EB312 but Paul's are 3077 fets not the 4110 fets.

Dan

Thanks,

Well Im not running the same power through the MAc as the MXUS. I lowered the amps to 25 and watts to 1000 with the CA.. The motor spins smoothly with the wheel off the ground but as soon as It's under load it surges and has no power.

Hey izeman
did you figure it out?
My mates Mac oscillated after he swapped controllers but not the CA.
Turned out that the shunt value in the new controller didn't match the shunt value set in the ca-v3. Then the current limiting plays up oscillating because of poor control. Mostly noticeable at high load- not surprisingly
Once this was corrected the problem when away.
K

If you're running a CA make sure you completely turn off all speed limits & setting the max speed to 500Kph, i found when this was happening it was the CA 'predicting' that i was going to exceed the set limit and throttling back, then surging/pulsing up to speed.

Back