MBS all terrain wheels

covert

100 mW
file.php

file.php

I was down at Daily Grind in Adelade cloth shopping and had a chat about some boards they had there. One had some cool off road wheel. I noticed the 6 slot arrangement that makes it easy to fit Enertion gears (and other ones) directly to the wheel. They had the wheels on there own on the shelf so I grabbed a set having tried to find other off road wheel and failed.

As you can see in the pictures the Enertion gear fits great. I did use a 6mm drill bit in a drill press to open the holes up a little so the screws would run true when tightening it up. I did this by putting 5 screws in so the blue washer was seated (on the inside side of the wheel) and just kept moving the screws around so there where always 5. It kept the drill true and the gear was easy to seat without any wobble.

I took it for a quick run over the park on some crashed rock pathways where the 80mm Enertion wheels could negotiate the pathway but struggled a bit. These wheels where a lot smoother.

No way would these be true off-road wheels but for the not so smooth pathways and roads like often found in side street in Australia these wheels feel a lot better than hard skate wheels.

I had these wheels on my board in 10 minutes for testing. Since I already have the enertion trucks and motor mount it was easy to adjust the new belt position. Gear sits slightly more out than the stock Enertion wheel gear location. Most the extra width of the wheel is towards the outside of the truck, making them a easy conversion.

Without spacers I cant turn sharp enough on a EarthWing Glider with Enertion 50% trucks. Not sure if I will use a different deck yet or spacers.. Or both.

I've since seen these green wheels are also available in black. There 100mm. I think these might become a eboard favorite.

I would not all these off-road, more hybrid wheels. There a convex profile. So they have only have about 20mm of the 63mm off the wheel width on the road when on a flat road. This might be a issue hen carving. I'll find out soon.

View attachment 1MBS_2.jpg

I've got a thread on these wheels. It seems the plastic core of these wheels don't hold up to well. In my case the area around the bearing developed stress cracks and where the bolts slot thru the wheel developed cracks. Not too sure what came first. Chunks of plastic was missing. Perhaps running a 15mm belt doesn't help.

Back