MXUS 3000 Hub Motor - V1 V2 V3

macribs said:
Will the 4T 9Kv do fine with lesser priced controllers or you recommend those controllers for 4T as well?
I'm running mine on a $35 shipped 72V 1500W 40A controller I bought over 3 years ago with 24s lipo. Works fine for me.

Allex said:
e4bike.ru will soon sell theirs sine-wave cheap. PM him.

Don't know his E-S user name.

They have the infineon controllers, right?

Allex said:
That is their User name. Dunno if their sine wave are some kind of infineon.

Hehe. I thought that was an URL for a website :oops:
Now I found him.

I will be testing the E4Bike sinewave controller soon, and if they are any good, can sell them with the motors as a package. :)

Hey Teslanv do you plan on selling the 3T versions?

3T needs custom axle. otherwise you cannot fit phase wires equal to windings cross section.

How good are the bearings on this motor? Someone is changing them?

madin88 said:
3T needs custom axle. otherwise you cannot fit phase wires equal to windings cross section.
I will be using 10AWG magnet wire through the stock axle. I will let you know how it goes.

Awesome!! Let me know. I will be all over that.

Careful with those magnet wires, they are very stiff and have limited insulation. A minor scrap on those during assembly and you can short the whole motor. I use 10AWG on my bike with 5403motor and 400Phase amps and they dont even get warm. I would use something like 10-11AWG on the MXUS. In this case I would take regular Turnigy silicone cables, remove the thick silicone insulation and use heat shrink instead at the place where cable goes through the axle. Way easier to work with -soft and you can deform them a bit inside the axle if its tight, something you cannot do with Magnet wires. Works for liveforphysics and works great for me on my motor.

But it will be interesting to see how you solution looks like. Because I had this in mind as well before I decided to go with this:

file.php

Make sure you get a rim with 36holes (+1 for the valve)!
:)

flange spacing is 49.5mm :wink:

i did a comparison between 4T MXUS V2 and Cromotor V2/V3 (only theoretical):

one strand has 0,5mm diameter so 0,196mm² cross section (same on both)

Cromotor has 18 strands so 3,53mm² windings, 48mm wide stator
MXUS V2 has 16 strands so 3,14mm² windings, 45mm wide stator

MXUS needs 6,6% more current for the same torque output because of smaller stator and it has roughly about 10% higher resistance.

If my calcualtions are correct it would mean MXUS has about 25% higher copper losses at same torque output like Cromotor. Im not sure how much this adds to overall heat output because there are also iron losses.

What is the advantage from the 0.35mm lamination over the 0.5mm lamination? Is the lamination material the same for both versions?

\/ampa said:
What is the advantage from the 0.35mm lamination over the 0.5mm lamination? Is the lamination material the same for both versions?
Less Eddy Current Losses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_core#Laminated_silicon_steel

The V1 (Steel Stator) has 0.5mm Lams. The V2 (Aluminum Stator) has 0.35mm Lams.

Back