My build. Rayne Killswitch Electrified, 4KW Alien Components

Nice vid. I felt bad for all the pushers. You needed someone else to film you. I need to get a Gopro and some video/editing skills.

500km for me. I'll bring some Belgian beers ^^

I had an impression motorized "scooters" without a seat were forbidden in Germany completely...
Otherwise it's a great spot for popularizing the electric boards.

Braking takes energy as it's a reverse current .. The regen only happens when your freewheeling and rotating the motors not under power .
I know it works because when I rotate my wheels when on the bench the volt meter lights up ..

Thanks for sharing superpef!
I got a voltmeter parallel to my ESCs power in and when I spin the motors fast enough even if the battery is disconnected, I can see voltage as long as I spin them fast enough. If and how much mAh this regenerates I can't really tell tho.

superpef said:
Sorry Beets I read your post wrong. So voltage increases when freewheeling. Too bad regenerative braking doesn't work. At spots like this it would be awesome to win some energy back when going downhill.
Well yes, as the motor is acting as a generator .. Rotate it and electricity flows from it.

Beetbocks, can you confirm that regen braking only stores about 3% of the generated energy back into the battery or do you have other experiences with this?

Back