Mystery Electric Bicycle / Moped / Scooter

stone said:
I have something like this, but with the smaller 2.125 tires and 350w motor for about 3 years. Its one of those bikes that has not given any problems. A negative point is that the battery on mine is sort of proprietary, it cannot fit the usual 20ah batts.

What's the make/model of yours?

Some more impressions after riding it a little while:

- Frame is just a little too cramped... Esp. if you're tall. I don't feel it much on short rides, but its noticeable if going more than 5mi.. if I could do it over I would upgrade one model and get the Voltage 500GT 3, which has a roomier frame.

- Kind of a funny thing I found: the pedals, while def not placed to be functional, do work... there's even a pedal assist function... what it really amounts to is a second, pedal-shaped throttle :) Nice that they're there though for legal reasons...

- Still very happy with the power and performance... I loaded it up with all my laundry, probably twice my body weight or something, and hauled it to the laundromat with no probs. Very stable. Believe it or not I used to do this on my electric mountain bike, and it worked but felt kind of precarious.

- Alarm is a legit alarm. I thought it was kind of ornamental and only locked the ignition switch, but it has an actual motion/impact detector or something (found out by accident) so if someone bumps into it (or tries to put it on the back of their pickup) it goes off, just like a car alarm... really a strange but kind of nice little feature...

- Storage issue solved: I bungee-corded a nice crate to the back, and on top of that can attach my bike panier bags... I will have to upload a pic with it all set up. It's pretty rad...

So basically, this thing is really cool if just a little too cramped... If it still works good in 6mo, I might end up putting it on craigslist and getting the larger 500GT3 model.

Back