MysteryDate: Who is BigFail?

Well according to the PMs I have been getting it is me. : (

GGoodrum said:
Philistine said:
Mr compare sir.....Still waiting for a response to Aussie Jesters guess...

Sadly, AJ has missed the mark by a mile. Here's a hint: the country this guy is from doesn't use miles, feet, inches, cubits, etc. :roll:

So he is Irish/could be Irish but Aussie Jester's guess is wildly wrong? I'm confused. :?

who the hell could it be?
Personally i reckon its Studebiker :lol:

D

Does the username begin with an 'S'?

EDIT: Posted just after last post, I seriously am asking, does it begin with an 'S' (I am thinking of someon other than Studebiker though)

And is the username two syllables...

I think the question was answered some time earlier in the thread.

From a country that doesn't use pounds and cubits Goodrum says. That leaves out United States, Liberia, and Burma according to my research.

That would fit someone someone with a 6 letter first name and a 5 letter forum name. The member seemed to confess in post consisting of one 4 letter word beginning with 'D'. Two people seemed to suggest who it and were not refuted. One had the preceding post that elicited the 'confession' and the other had the following post.

frock, is this thread still going? :roll:

Just get back to building electric vehicles you clowns :lol: ;)

Nah, I don't care, flame away :D

adrian_sm said:
Well according to the PMs I have been getting it is me. : (

It's moved way beyond the original issue... now it's a time-filling game :lol:

I am serious. It was Methods that PMed me.

I think flames are gone and we are now having fun. A good turn. I think this should remain a mystery as apparently there is respect between bigfail and the targets of his frustration.

Well if it's not Joshua ,

It's not Matt

And it's not Andy

then it MUST be Ashley.

Guess-Who-Closeup.jpg

Philistine said:
Does the username begin with an 'S'?

EDIT: Posted just after last post, I seriously am asking, does it begin with an 'S' (I am thinking of someon other than Studebiker though)

And is the username two syllables...

mmmmmm... is slay er what you had in mind ...loll

in case i have to answer no it s not me

Are you being serious? If that is the case then I was never going to get it. I guess I will have to give up on my hopes to enter the Guess Who World Series....

EDIT:
mmmmmm... is slay er what you had in mind ...loll

No, I was guessing someone else, but I give up on my Guess Who career.....

at some point i tought liveforphisics could just because it could be a strtegy he uses to make the forum change attitude ...because it is true we assumed he was going to go in certain direction but he never re assured us so we continued ...

Philistine said:

Are you being serious? If that is the case then I was never going to get it. I guess I will have to give up on my hopes to enter the Guess Who World Series....

Unfortunately I am serious. After a lengthy PM discussion he is still convinced it is me.

He even checked IP addresses and Bigfails and mine apparently match. : (

- Adrian

Mmm.. Interesting. I just checked that, and yes, Bigfail's posts match one of the IPs you've posted from, but only for a single post. Additionally, the IP is for an anonymizer type of redirector, so presumably anyone anywhere could have used that (I'm not sure exactly how those work).

So I am not sure that a matching IP address is conclusive in this case. :?

Yes...I just thought of that - someone hiding their IP. hmmm I think it might have been someone I suspected right at the start.....

amberwolf said:
Mmm.. Interesting. I just checked that, and yes, Bigfail's posts match one of the IPs you've posted from, but only for a single post. Additionally, the IP is for an anonymizer type of redirector, so presumably anyone anywhere could have used that (I'm not sure exactly how those work).

So I am not sure that a matching IP address is conclusive in this case. :?

Aw hell gawd-dammit! What am I supposed to do with my lynchin' rope, pitchfork and angry mob now????? :lol:

Weird. I only connect to ES from my home ISP (http://www.tpg.com.au) which I think is static, and my iPhone on Telstra 3G network (http://www.Telstra.com.au). Due to the roaming nature it will dynamically assign IPs.

I just assumed that myself and "bigfail" happened to have been assigned the same IP address by Telsta at some stage. (Which would make him a local Melbournite think) and methods rightly believed it was a match and he had his man.

But I don't think I had used a anonymizer in a couple of years. And then it was only to test remotely accessing my tv scheduler from the Internet, while at home.

This is just getting too weird.

- Adrian

Adrian - what do you mean, you think it's static? You usually only get a static IP if you ask for one and pay for it......

Another question - what do you use for your email? outlook? webmail?

EDIT: I just looked at your ISP, and yes, it looks like static IPs come as standard........ so what about your email?

Back