Nanjing far driver controllers

jcovaltine said:
Thank you!! Glad I asked. I have an Onyx RCR based on the wire schematic they don’t ground either the low or low they supply 12 volts to either the high or low to trigger it. That could have ended badly.

Never seen the Onyx stuff. It's possible the NFDs do things differently, if you want to be sure you should check the documentation that came with yours, if any, or on the Nanjing website for your specific model (if they don't supply documentation, I wouldn't think much of them ;) ).

On typical controllers with a threespeed switch, it's all 5v logic level stuff; I don't know what 12v would do to it.

Using the 96240 Fardriver ECU on a mini pitbike. Having issues with performance. Don't really know where to start was hoping you all could help.

Have a couple issues. Bike operates normally, just poor performance and lack of regen braking.

Using a denzel IPMSM 5500 motor 10-pole. Poles in software set to 5. Running 88v lipo setup at 10AH. (dont' need range, its a "race" bike)

This motor http://denzel.bike/d5500.html

1.) The field weakening won't activate. I autotune and it sets the mac RPM at 4800ish. I never get a "weak" icon on the screen when testing. loaded or not. I also never see over 3300rpm with me riding it. Any tips to trouble shoot? When I go to "test angle" the motor really comes alive and revs out to 5800-5900. But I never see that in practice.

2.) Brake regen doesn't work. I have the brake low side setup to ground. I get an "!" on the screen when brake switch is depressed. And can't activate the throttle with switch depressed. regen set to "0" to activate when grounded. Set the max regen to 10a and set 4 in my rpm fields. Nothing happens. The battery AH seems to be set at a max low of 20ah? Think this may be part of the issue with regen. Guessing controller things my battery is too low to regen?

3.) When the bike is in the air and I press the throttle the throttle position lingers at 4 on the screen and the motor turns 1000ish rpm for about 20 seconds before stopping. When in autotune this doesn't happen releasing the throttle sends the bike straight to zero TPS and motor stops as it should. TPS setting is on .81 and 3.9. Not sure why it keeps runnign after released, but doesn't do this in test modes.

Any help greatly appreciated. I can get any pictures or screen shots you'd like.

dominik h said:
Some progress from my ND96850

With Android phone or Tablet I´m not able to flash the firmware. I tried two different phones and a tablet with android 6 , 9, and 11 , the software always says "unable to locate the file".

Yesterday i tried with an iphone.

This app has a file browser and I can select the files I want to use.
And i can flash the controller. But afterwards there is no "save" button, as described in the video I got, and I have in the Android app. Now there is a "copy" button which creates a file on the phone
01.png

Flash works
02.jpg.png

After flashing I have now two permanent errors 1 Motor Hall Error and 17 Phase lost
This errors are permanent and where not there before flashing
04.png

The controller still says it is a ND72850 with 90,7V max, and I can not raise the value
So no real progress.
03.png

How have people been able to update the controllers?
I got a file now, but the app on my android phone dont seem to find it..
I gave it permission to the files, but that didnt help.

On the computer I get this when I try to upgrade:

xDzE673.jpg

Do I need to find an iphone?

I could only update the Firmware with an IPhone.
My 3 different android systems where not able to find the file in the directory.
Seems to me like a software bug in the english androud app.

j bjork said:
Thanks dominik.
Dui, did you use an iphone too?

I'm using an android phone.
What I did was to go to the file folder and then "open with other app" --> then selected the Fardriver app
I remember I did that by accident while trying to do something else :lol:

forcefed86 said:
I can get any pictures or screen shots you'd like.

I think it's a must, otherwise it's pretty much impossible to give any relevant advice. Please show us all of your current settings. :)

Dui said:
j bjork said:
Thanks dominik.
Dui, did you use an iphone too?

I'm using an android phone.
What I did was to go to the file folder and then "open with other app" --> then selected the Fardriver app
I remember I did that by accident while trying to do something else :lol:

My phone just say I dont have any apps to open the file with, and wants me to download something from the playstore :(
I have tried to find some setting on the app, but havent been successful so far..

j bjork said:
My phone just say I dont have any apps to open the file with, and wants me to download something from the playstore :(
I have tried to find some setting on the app, but havent been successful so far..

That's weird, on my phone I can choose between many programs to open it, even programs that aren't actually able to open it.
This is the version of the app I'm using, maybe you can try it, just in case:

Edit: I can't upload the file, the forum says it's too big (35MB). Can some admin temporary lift this limit so I can share the app here instead of elsewhere?

Thanks, I was able to choose the fardriver app to open the file with later somehow. I am not sure exactly how, it appeared when I was trying to share the file with an iphone.

Now I have been able to update. The files name was ND961800_63_ARA.2.4, but in the controller it says ARA.*.4
Now I just have to start testing and see how it works :)

Edit, this is what I think after testriding today:

It fixed the throttle release regen issue.
So now that works, it reacts to throttle after a release every time now.

But it dosent seem to do anything to the throttle behavior, there is still a "rubberband effect".
As long as I am at 224 in throttle rate it is barley noticeable, witch is fine in linear. But way too aggressive in sport.

I was planning to start a build with a QS motor and Fardriver controller but these things seem like a nightmare to get working.
However these guys seem to have gotten a number of different projects working with them. Most of their videos are a lot of panning and action shots but short on data, this one shows some parameters in the app.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpobRMyvsEY

I watched the clip, hoping it would be something when it said "bench test, enormous torque" or something like that.
But it was just that they thougt it was hard to hold the motor on a workbench :roll:
(Here "benched" would often mean dynoed)

Anyway, I would say it is quite the opposite. It is easy to get the controller working, when you get past the first step of understanding the (quite bad) manual.
It is a bit too easy, so if there is something in how it drives that you dont like it can be hard to do something about it.
If you are not too picky with what you want you will probably be fine.

j bjork said:
But it dosent seem to do anything to the throttle behavior, there is still a "rubberband effect".
As long as I am at 224 in throttle rate it is barley noticeable, witch is fine in linear. But way too aggressive in sport.

Weird. How did you get this file in the first place?

Hey guys hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I installed my fardriver 96530 and have it working (kind of). For some reason I can’t get the regen to work. I’m guessing I have a setting wrong.

When I connect to the app I can see that my controller is getting the brake signal when I apply the brake (brake control) but the wheel keeps spinning.

Attachments

• 4A896581-01C8-4A17-976F-5416DBC5ABF4.png
    4A896581-01C8-4A17-976F-5416DBC5ABF4.png
    470.8 KB · Views: 836
  • AFD024AA-2797-4F14-B53F-B376336003B8.png
    AFD024AA-2797-4F14-B53F-B376336003B8.png
    382.2 KB · Views: 836
  • 2B1B031B-5C50-4903-A8A5-052A3AE22300.png
    2B1B031B-5C50-4903-A8A5-052A3AE22300.png
    487.2 KB · Views: 836
Scottydog said:
I have done those steps.

orange key wire powered on
controller beeping
Bluetooth dongle is flashing red
paired phone Bluetooth with with Yuan...
opened app and pressed comm page then scan.

Then the red searching circle just spins away for a minute or so then stops. Unplugged adaptor and tried again. :?

In case nobody has told you this yet:
Don't pair phone Bluetooth with Yuan. Just open the app, scan, select yuan in the app, and connect there.

jcovaltine said:
Hey guys hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I installed my fardriver 96530 and have it working (kind of). For some reason I can’t get the regen to work. I’m guessing I have a setting wrong.

When I connect to the app I can see that my controller is getting the brake signal when I apply the brake (brake control) but the wheel keeps spinning.

Under functions, there's a parameter called "Follow" which you currently have set to 0. Change it to 3-EABSWhenRelease to have it start regen when you release the throttle. There's also an option to start regen when braking (I think it's 2) if you want to be able to coast.
Also bear in mind that there will be no regen if the battery near full charge.

Thanks for the help guys. Got it working.

Now I’m trying to calibrate my CT-22 display to show the connect speed. I connected the digital speed line wire.

When I barely move the bike it jumps for 6 to 18. The display will never go past 18 even when riding.

I tried to adjust the wheel ratio or wheelwidth but the app never applies the change. I’ve tried adjusting spd pulse number. It just lowers the number on the display from a max of 18 to 9. 357785F6-902C-4737-B201-75FE55E5BB8F.png

Has anyone got a generic display working on a Fardriver? I'm using a Fardriver controller and have tried all three (0-Pulse, 1-Analog, 2-Isolated Pulse) speedometer modes on both analog (purple) and line speed (light blue) connections from the controller.
When I spin the motor up, the speed stays at 0 km/h

Fardriver issues aside... I've just had a look at the old square wave controller that this display was previously used on and it appears to tap into one of the motor phase lines. Since the Fardriver is NOT a squarewave controller; could this be why it still shows nothing when I connect the powered speedometer to a phase line?

I am using the light blue for a speed pulse for my ant bms display.
It works, but I adjusted the settings in the bms to get the speed right.
(Fardriver says 4 pulses, and I thought it was right as it is a 4 pole motor. But I get too few pulses)
It can probably be corrected in the controller, but when I realized I had already started adjusting the bms.

I havent measured, but I expect it to be a square wave pulse.

Do you get a correct signal output from the wires on the Fardriver?

If so, then the problem is in the speedometer unit you're using. To help with that, we'd need details on that unit, including what kind of signal it expects to get.

Some of them work on a battery-voltage level signal that comes indirectly from the motor phases, and some of them work on a 5v level, or a 12v level. If the device used a low-voltage input, then if the output from the controller was a battery-level votlage, it could have blown up the device's input, and you'd need to replace the device (it's probably not repairable, though it could be possible if it has a buffer between input and MCU).

pwd said:
Has anyone got a generic display working on a Fardriver? I'm using a Fardriver controller and have tried all three (0-Pulse, 1-Analog, 2-Isolated Pulse) speedometer modes on both analog (purple) and line speed (light blue) connections from the controller.
When I spin the motor up, the speed stays at 0 km/h

Fardriver issues aside... I've just had a look at the old square wave controller that this display was previously used on and it appears to tap into one of the motor phase lines. Since the Fardriver is NOT a squarewave controller; could this be why it still shows nothing when I connect the powered speedometer to a phase line?

amberwolf said:
Do you get a correct signal output from the wires on the Fardriver?

If so, then the problem is in the speedometer unit you're using. To help with that, we'd need details on that unit, including what kind of signal it expects to get.

Some of them work on a battery-voltage level signal that comes indirectly from the motor phases, and some of them work on a 5v level, or a 12v level. If the device used a low-voltage input, then if the output from the controller was a battery-level votlage, it could have blown up the device's input, and you'd need to replace the device (it's probably not repairable, though it could be possible if it has a buffer between input and MCU).

This is the only documentation I was able to find on the CT-22 display.

http://www.siaecosys.com/upfile/201908/2019082255434357.pdf

As I mentioned earlier this display was working with a Kelly 72300 controller.

When connecting it to my fardriver 96530. It will display 6 then 18 by barely moving the wheel. But when I spin the wheel up it remains on 18. I’m not sure what signal the fardriver is sending.

Back