• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

New Build-Work in Progress

Thanks sl33py! Those look nice. Is that some delicious organic chocolate I see in the background?

sl33py said:
a bit on the spendy side, but there's also the A-Spec Nano-tech 4500mAh which is super shallow around 20mm. Nearly 6" long - 3s, so two in series should be very similar if not thinner and lighter than the older 6s thin pack mentioned.

Spec.
Capacity: 4500mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1V
Discharge: 65C Constant / 130C+ Burst
Weight: 278g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 150x44x19.5mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: 5.5mm Bullet connector

20150815_144225.jpg

I've heard of this as well Tourqueboards, I'm searching for a vid or thread that describes it. Proceed w caution, to say the least!

torqueboards said:
I haven't tried but I think you can get the 6S 5ah packs and cut the shrink wrap and set them up stacked with just 3 cells + 3 cells and re-wrap it. Haven't tried though.

treenutter said:
Thanks sl33py! Those look nice. Is that some delicious organic chocolate I see in the background?

Ha! Yes - a care package of local chocolate to a friend who just moved here. Frans and some other local chocolatier.

I have these setup end to end in series = so basically the same as the 6s pack previously mentioned. My "swap" pack is the slightly larger 5Ah Zippy 20C.

Spec.
Capacity: 5000mAh
Voltage: 3S1P / 3 Cell / 11.1v
Discharge: 20C Constant / 30C Burst
Weight: 404g (including wire, plug & shrink wrap)
Dimensions: 145x52x25mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: 4mm Bullet-Connector

20150815_144238.jpg

treenutter said:
I really like the low-profile of your motor mount!

Thanks treenutter! They turned out to be super solid. Nice to be able to tuck everything tuck everything up all tidy.
8s pneumatic 3.jpg

psychotiller said:
uote="torqueboards"]You have two different gearings? What teeth are you using ans voltage?

Same gearing. 18/32. The switch changes my battery setup from 4s to 8s (or 14.8v to 29.6v) Here's a diagram of the wiring that I used. Note: I substituted batteries where the diagram shows motors.[/quote]

Hello
that's a nice built you got.

i am late to this party but i want to built a serial/parallel set up like this one you have, what DPDT switch do you use ?
i'll apreciate it very much if you can point me in the direction on a proper switch for 48v 12S Set up

Kaly said:
psychotiller said:
uote="torqueboards"]You have two different gearings? What teeth are you using ans voltage?

Same gearing. 18/32. The switch changes my battery setup from 4s to 8s (or 14.8v to 29.6v) Here's a diagram of the wiring that I used. Note: I substituted batteries where the diagram shows motors.

Hello
that's a nice built you got.

i am late to this party but i want to built a serial/parallel set up like this one you have, what DPDT switch do you use ?
i'll apreciate it very much if you can point me in the direction on a proper switch for 48v 12S Set up[/quote]

I used my switch for 4s/8s...it was a 250vac 6prong toggle switch. never had any issues with heat, but I'm not sure it will work out the same for you switching from 6s to 12s.

Back