New crystalyte motor - G series

I am waiting for spokes to fit the motor into a 26" wheels.

a Russian build with dual G-series

http://electrotransport.ru/ussr/index.php?topic=2128.msg183069#msg183069
index.php

Gregor,

Ilia at ebikessf.com has the spokes to lace the G motor into a 26" wheel.

Gregor said:
Have you had a chance to lace the 26" yet--if so, can you tell us the lenth of the spokes and the ERD of the rim? Did you use "straight pull" spokes?

I wonder how that dual G series works, you can tell by looking at the bike the tires have different diameters. One may be pulling the other

With throttle control like the current infineon controllers (its actually RPM control)... any time the throttle is not being held at exactly the speed of the bike (so maybe like 90% of the time) both motors would either be:
effectively off
-OR-
be pushing at their max torque (depending on speed, and set phase and battery current limits)

So if RPMs matter, then overall diameter would matter... wouldn't it? also your saying 10% of the time there are problems? what type? Those motors were so weak even in a 20" wheel I cant imagine its beneficial to have 2 rather than 1 nice rear hub.

Ok before i answer your questions, first off: I agree a big rear motor might be better instead of 2x G series or in addition to a front G-series. BUT this is different subject.

I didn't mean to imply that the other 10% would be a problem, maybe more of an inconvenience. I think up to about 10% of the time (worst case scenario with different over all diameter or windings in motor etc) it could be sub-optimal. I think it would be tolerable and maybe even unnoticeable most of the time. As long as torque is kept down to reasonable levels in the front. Well tuned front suspension helps.

The inconveniences might present themselves when the rider was to hold the throttle at a certain level corresponding to the speed of the bike. Then one motor would turn off before the other and you would essentially feel the bike "getting up to speed twice" or backing off the power twice as each motor turned off at different RPMs. Even at low speeds this wouldn't really be a problem as long as torque was limited to low enough levels in the front motor.

I always like to encourage people playing around with 2WDs, I think it would be really cool to see the gradual development of 2WD bikes.

thanks for the info! I like to wheelie way too much to use a front motor. Tried one out and I was done with it after 1 trip around town :)

Picked up the motor ambroseliao was selling.

I put it on my wifes udk500 cargo bike. Running 57v it pulls 20amps from a stall and tops out at 18-20mph.(need to verify speed on CycleAnalyst reads right, but it feels like 20mph)

While its perfect for my wife it leaves me underwhelmed. Suppose if you like tame its cool. But all the design flaws would not have me recommending it to anybody.

I'm running 20" rim, I can't see this doing well in a 26".....

Pros
stealthy size
Very quite while cruising

Cons
Grunts loud from stall(probably normal but this is my first DD)
Slow

All in all I'm happier with the outcome then I thought I would be.

Guess I'm just letting you guys know that there is one running, let me know if there's questions.

Adam

It has to be the G2530. If it was the G2540 it would go 26mph according to the simulator.

Adam

Earlier in this thread, Justin mentioned the 9-Continents FH 154, if you are interested in a small DD hub, apparently they are in production (along with the Conhis DD): http://www.9continent.com/nkt/products_show.asp?id=100

My interest in small diameter DD hubs is as a candidate for a non-hub drive that provides the motor with at least 3 gears. On that subject, I'd also like to add that Justin at ebikes.ca has begun restocking the 40X series, as a replacement part for the new stoke-monkey kit (available in two Kv's): http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/ebike-parts/mstoke08.html

Back