new eZip motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey LC and Sunders. I haven't caught this thread for months. I've been here but didn't get any emails about the posts. I just found it going thru the listings.

Hope all is well as for the damn Virus. So far all is great down here as for that. weather has been great but haven't been riding much since I broke my lt arm in October.

Lc, what bike combo are you plan using for the trip? Not a chain drive again I hope. You are saying you get less than 1Mile per watt hour. That is not good. You should be getting at least 1.5 per WH if not more. Under 20 mph should get like almost 2 M/Pwh, if you are assisting some. I'm still getting 2+ on long rides like 50 miles. I'm still using the 5 year old 22.2v 16Ah LiPo packs. Ah is down to like 14Ah but still run great. A 50 mile ride here is almost normal for me now. I still get 30+ mph on thw way home and still have room to spare.

As Sunder said the one battery is BS the other makes more sense. Why not a 48v pack? Prices they listed was reasonable if not too cheap. numbers make sense as for cell count. Free shipping and from NY, it would be there real quick. A 36v 20ah pack at that price is cheap maybe too cheap. He does have good review numbers.

Dan

Hey Dan,

Good to hear from you again. I was wondering if you had dropped off the forum or something. I don't really read as much as I used to - just topics of interest now, so didn't see you post elsewhere.

Life's not bad, aside from being locked down. I changed jobs which made my life a lot less busy. Was very fortuitous timing. I left because the owners got themselves into some trouble. Nothing too serious, but juggling debt between creditors. Was going to stick around and help him rebuild after some debt covenants, but there was one point where he said I may have to go to save the cashflow, so I started looking. By the time he figured out he could afford me, and would have a massive hole in his skillset if he let me go - I'd already accepted another offer. By pure chance, turns out my old boss' business has suffered massively from the virus, but my new employer sells work from home equipment and eCommerce resilience equipment, so business is booming. 30% over target.

With a reasonably secure job, a lighter work load and working from home so much, I've done some upgrades to my commuter. It's now using a tiny fist sized LTO pack that's about ~1 to 1.5km too small to make it to work, so I need to get fitter. But it can charge off my laptop using USB-PD. The bike no longer has a throttle, but is driven by a very discrete torque sensor. I have full comms to my phone as a dashboard now with full logging, so I can see my all the data from my bike and see my fitness improve over time (not that I dare look down at high speeds!). I've bought (but haven't fitted yet), front shocks with disc brake capability to further upgrade the bike.

1 to 1.5 miles per Wh doesn't sound right. I mean, my fist sized pack is a 48v, 4Ah pack, so just shy of 200wh. Admittedly I'm doing mid to high 40km/h on this bike, but there's no way I could stretch it to 200km even if I assisted a lot. Are you sure you're not thinking amp hour against a certain voltage pack?

With your comment regarding "too cheap". I'd agree with that, if you're looking for quality. There is no way that those packs are made out of any tier one cell (LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony). That said, I've seen sellers on Alibaba claim to sell new 18650s for 10c, if you buy 10,000 units or more, so I wonder if other factories are taking them up on that, and those cells are just absolute trash. Good enough to get a bike moving, but the vast majority of buyers are EU 250watters who don't know how to test, and leave a good review before they die after a few months.

Good to see you again Dan. Hope everything is well with you too.

Hey Sunder, thanks for getting back to me.

I think your right and I did the math wrong. I get 2+ miles per AH. TYPO is what I did.

If you are working at home you should have no problem making it to work and back on any battery pack :lol:

I haven't been able to ride much and will be more restricted since I need surgery next Wednesday. maybe more since my Dr thinks the 7 inch spike in my lt arm hasn't healed and will need to replace my shoulder with a ball and stem into my arm OUCH!!

Hope LC makes out ok. He does need a car, can't count on a bike for everything. Some people do but they have help from other people. I sure wouldn't function without my wife's help. I have carried 8ft boards on my bike but sure can't carry a 30lb propane tank on it.

Dan

Hope LC makes out ok. He does need a car, can't count on a bike for everything.

Glad to hear from you Dan. Hope your surgery goes well. I got lucky back in July of last year when I went over the handle bars and landed on my right shoulder. I was in so much pain I thought for sure it was dis located but turned out to be a serious rotator cuff tear and surgery was recommended but thru exercise I was able to regain full range of motion.

I also discovered I have rotator cuff disease in both shoulder's as well as an inflammation in my joints. My right toe is swelled up and about double the size of my left toe. I tested negative for gout but after seeing two different Ortho doctors my pain levels were documented to be between 7 and 10 and was able to get an Ohio medical cannabis card so I took a bad accident and made something good out of it.

However I have been in Ohio a year. 9 months in a tiny attic studio with limited room. My storage is still in NY which is in lock down. Even if I had a vehicle I would have to quarantine for 14 days upon return. It would be like a jail sentence. Also my diabetes is coming back as I have not been able to exercise for almost 3 months now. I was walking about 10 to 15 miles a week and hitting light weights about 3 times a week. The WMCA closed and I don't walk more than I have to as too many people out and about sneezing and coughing with no mask. I wear a mask as well as a home made face shield.

I did receive stimulus money which is in the bank. I want to move out in the country or a more rural area. I do not know if I will ever be able to get out of here. Not sure if I will ever make it back to NY to get my stuff. In fact the way things look that money may be used to bury me if I get sick and die. The country is opening back up. Millions of people will die. The media is saying that people who tested negative 2 or 3 times are getting sick a few weeks later. Also people who recovered are getting sick agan and spreading mutations of the virus.

I do believe this is the end of mankind. I also think it will come out that it is a bio weapon. A vaccine will only work if there is NO live virus as it could easily mutate AFTER vaccinations and kill millions. If this happens there will be rioting , looting , pillaging , plundering as well as martial law. ISSIS and or Islamic terrorist's will take advantage of the state of chaos and attack also. Soon after that I see a nuclear war between China and Russia VS the rest of the world consisting of all nuclear capable countries. Finally Nuclear winter and the end of human life on earth,

Hopefully I am wrong but do not think so. Thanks.

LC. out.

The only vaccine I saw on the media about a month or 6 weeks ago was a empty cell with nothing inside it that the virus needs to replicate. It was supposed to fool the virus so that it attaches to the empty cell and fails to replicate keeping healthy cells from the virus. The fake cells were also supposed to be larger so more virus attaches to them than healthy cells.

What really gets me is the fact there seems to be no more information on that particular vaccine but am hearing about vaccination for millions being developed. Is it live virus or is it NON live virus because if it is any type of live virus vaccine defiantly count me out.

I spoke with the department of health hotline here in Ohio about a half hour ago and found out the travel ban will be lifted at midnight and can travel out of state and return without 14 day quarantine. The storage is 24 hours and if I do go will not be going anywhere but the building my storage is in and will make sure nobody is in the building when I go in there. I wont be telling my friends I am there and wont be going in any truck stop or restaurant on the way there or the trip back.

The burau of motor vehicles is supposed to open in a week. I am hoping to get a vehicle thru a dealer so I wont have to deal with motor vehicles as will have a 90 day temp tag. I should be able to get insurance online and pick up my insurance card at the post office with my gloves , face mask and plastic shield. I also carry hand pump sanitizer with me for when I have to take my gloves off or my nose itches or something I can use the sanitizer.

I really hope to get my stuff in the next couple months. I want to work on my e bike projects again. I have a lot of upgrades and improvements to do on my e bikes in storage. The first two would be the 1,000 watt hub motor SUNDER sent back in 2014 I think that needs a new rim or a machine to straighten it. Also the 20" 800 watt hub motor which is front drive also may need the same as there was a lot of shaking when using it last. Both can be dropped off at the electric bike shop in Akron about 15 miles away.

https://electric-petes-e-bikes.business.site/

Not only that but the Frankenstein bikes which I used lumber to mount chain drive motors can be replaced with thick steel brackets and new nuts and bolts. Waterproofing and triangle battery cell cases can be made and waterproofed, Waterproof thumb throttles can be installed. There are more improvements and upgrades to do before starting any new project. I have the Currie. The Clear creek Schwinn , Easy Street and two 20" BMX style bikes and a total of 7 motors 1 not on any bike. I have a large steel basket for heavy cargo and extra 18650 cells and controllers also.

I want to start a new e bike workshop this summer even if it is in the back of a van in the back yard with a 50 foot extension cord. I have all my tools power and hand in my storage unit in NY.

Has anyone heard from DA. It has been quite awhile since he posted. I hope he is alright.

Thanks.

LC. out.

DA last posted about 2 weeks ago, just not in this thread.

Would be good to see you back to making stuff, especially with your summer coming up.

The decoy protein you were talking about isn't a vaccine. You can't just take it once and be immune a few days later. It's a treatment to slow down replication of the virus, so that your body can build immunity to it before it replicates to levels that would destroy your organs. Generally it takes years to get a vaccine or a new drug out. Even with fast tracking, they're talking September earliest.

My work load is starting to get me down. Been nothing but work including long days and some weekend work lately. I should be grateful I have a job, but it is wearing me out a bit. I've started "comfort" buying stuff. Even though I know it will make like 3-4km/h difference to my top speed, I ordered a $500 carbon fibre wheel yesterday. Could have got one for $200 from China, but I bought a Zipp 302 - made in the US instead.

zipp-302-v1-carbon-clincher-disc-break-front-wheel-00.1918.347.000.jpg

China's cheap and dishonest politiking is getting to me much more than the way they handled Coronavirus. "Open and honest trade free from Global politics is best for everyone. So, we're not going to punish you for asking for an investigation, but by the way, we found you're dumping Barley, your meat isn't up to standards, and Russian coal is preferred to Australian coal. But this isn't retribution, we just coincidentally found all of this out a week after you demanded an investigation. You insisting otherwise is just racist politicising trade. Stop it!".

At the very least, the solace I can take is I can see that China is shooting itself in the foot. China wasn't buying Australian meat because they were doing us a favour. They were buying it because it's first world country quality, and our geographic location means it can be shipped to them cheaper and faster - hence fresher. Cutting off Australian supplies means more expensive, lower quality meat for their citizens. Australian politicians have also been calling for less dependence on a single country, even well before this all started, and I've now read that both the US and the EU are reconsidering trade relationships with China, marking the country "unreliable", so as a matter of national security, are looking to source supplies from elsewhere.

China has cut off its nose to spite its face. Yes, we'll hurt a lot in the short term. But China's going to be slowly bleeding for a very long time.

As the Hub Motor turns slower and the LiPo Fire burns out for awhile.

Thanks Dan. I am glad to here DA is ok. I respect him for growing his own vegetables. I wish everyone did including myself. As I mentioned in earlier posts I see no sense in screwing up our environment hauling produce hundreds of miles pumping tons of carbon in the air where if every household grew produce and every city had a large community garden where anyone who is sober and not using drugs in public could spend a few hours a day or a week growing produce. Yes it would need to be monitored and policed so that bums don't pollute or urinate or party as it would need to be a community project and people could volunteer to do community service.

The decoy protein you were talking about isn't a vaccine. You can't just take it once and be immune a few days later. It's a treatment to slow down replication of the virus, so that your body can build immunity to it before it replicates to levels that would destroy your organs. Generally it takes years to get a vaccine or a new drug out. Even with fast tracking, they're talking September earliest.

I like your level of intelligence and awareness. You really know what is going on and am glad you did not order that wheel from communist China. However I have a crazy question you may be ale to shed some light on.

I keep hearing how the shutdown of the economy is destroying many small businesses and even promoting suicide. The economy is a very complicated machine to say the least. It may be as complicated as quantum physics. What I do not get is why the economy could not be frozen for a week or even a few months. What would it take ?

I see that people out of work were exempt from paying rent for a period of time. If banks were shut down they could not foreclose on any building and if taxes were to be lifted for a period of time then why would small business lose their building or store front. Also if employees are staying at home and still getting stimulus money and food stamps then why would they not be able to return to work in two or three months when the small business opens.

Since most people are in their houses or apartments then gas demand would be lower and the government could allow each person with a vehicle a small amount of gas for free to do local shopping. The oil companies are filthy rich so would not effect them much.

Basically most or all of a persons or family's needs could be met for a limited time if the economy were to simply be froze. That means if the stock market were to open two or three months later it should be the same as it were the day it was shut down.

The barter system could be implemented. In fact there should be some type of protocol so that the country or any country for that matter could survive if the current system of global economics were to be severely compromised even worse than what is currently like a natural disaster such as a comet or asteroid colliding with the planet. :lol:

One thing I do know is as far as I am concerned the USA does not owe China one Penney. That debit was cancelled when they failed to warn us about their virus heading to western civilization. In fact a protocol should go into effect that any debit from one country to another should be cancelled or postponed until after a global disaster has ended that way each country could freeze their economy to preserve it for a limited period of time. Obviously not forever but would give the world time to recover by any means including a barter system. I don't see why that could not avoid a big economic depression or recession.

What I do know is if Trump does not stand up to China and tell them that all debits are cancelled I am NOT voting period. Biden is a senile old man and the fascists' democrats wont ever get my vote so I simply wont be voting in November. I don't trust democrats as if they have their way they will open the boarders and millions of immigrants will come in with their evil intentions and sickness. It is bad business.

I do agree with some left wing ideology but is limited to health care and equality but the cost of dealing with their lenient immigration and poor foreign policy makes any democratic president extremally dangerous today. I liked Bill Clinton but Hillary is clearly insane. She is nuts and may not be her fault dealing with Bill and his skirt chasing in the white house. :lol: I don't hate Hillary as a person. I feel sorry for her. She is just NOT president material. And Biden is clearly senile. The other guy they had, Bernie Sanders was older than George Burns. :lol:

Please let me know what you think about my question relating to economics if you can. Thanks.

LC. out.

As the world turns and the dead bodies burn.

I spend each day listening to news and podcast radio and playing pirates tides of fortune.

That sounds like an effective form of treatment, My big red flag is the word vaccine. I listen to Mark Levin. Also Savage nation.The only treatment or vaccine I would trust would be NON live virus.

I did not ask for this curse upon humanity. I will do anything in my power to keep that shit out of me. I am sure I do not want it injected.

Thanks.

LC out.

It's a very good point you make, and quite a reasonable question. But it's also not very easy to answer simply and quickly. I'll try my best.

Basically, the whole economy is a self perpetuating machine that turns natural resources into finished products, but only if there is demand for those products.

So, let's just say normally, a factory makes 1000 jumpers to meet the demand of all the people in a town. In a normal healthy economy, as clothes get a bit dated, or fashion changes, fully employed people can afford a new jumper, so all 1000 jumpers are sold.

But lets say all cafes were forced to close for two months, and the wait staff didn't get paid. Well, they might think to themselves "I can do without a new jumper this year", and so the demand is now only for 950 jumpers. The factory now has 50 jumpers it can't sell, so it says "Well, we're going to let go of one of our factory workers, because we are producing too many jumpers now".

Now this factory worker is out of work - Do you think he'll be eating out at cafes and buying jumpers? Probably not, and so demand falls again. This is why during crises, the government hands out stimulus checks and tells people to spend. Not just to keep unemployed people fed, but also stopping the loss of employment from one person causing more people to become unemployed.

I should note that if you spend your stimulus goods bought overseas, you are stimulating their economy, not your own.

So why doesn't a "freeze" on the economy mean we just pick up where we left off? A few reasons:

1. Well a freeze stops production. If your company makes 12 million widgets a year, and you "Freeze" for 2 months, then that year, only 10 million widgets are being made. Someone has to miss out on a widget.

2. Landlords and banks are part of the economic flow of money as well - If you pay $400 a month in rent to your landlord, in normal times, they will probably take some of that money and spend it on something - Say, a new TV. If you're not paying rent, he's not buying a TV, and a sales person makes no commission, and a factory worker makes no wage.

3. Fear causes a classic "prisoner dilemma". If you haven't read that one, worth a read. Basically, the prisoner dilemma is that if everyone did the "right" thing, then nobody would suffer much. But if one person does the "Wrong" thing, then they get an advantage, and everyone else loses, so in most cases, everyone tries to be the one that does the "Wrong" thing to win, and everyone ends up losing.

In this case, if everyone kept spending the way they were before, the economy would be far better off. But - if someone fearful of their job decides they'd better save their money, they are better off - but the people they would have spent the money on, are worse off - prisoner dilemma. Now, keep that going in a chain reaction, and if the government doesn't step in and do something, the whole economy locks up.

I know that doesn't show the whole story. But hopefully it gives you a picture of why economies can't just be frozen, then unfrozen. There is a real impact of not producing something, or not providing a service for a time even before we consider people acting fearfully and not spending their money.

Sunder said:
It's a very good point you make, and quite a reasonable question. But it's also not very easy to answer simply and quickly. I'll try my best.

Basically, the whole economy is a self perpetuating machine that turns natural resources into finished products, but only if there is demand for those products.

So, let's just say normally, a factory makes 1000 jumpers to meet the demand of all the people in a town. In a normal healthy economy, as clothes get a bit dated, or fashion changes, fully employed people can afford a new jumper, so all 1000 jumpers are sold.

But lets say all cafes were forced to close for two months, and the wait staff didn't get paid. Well, they might think to themselves "I can do without a new jumper this year", and so the demand is now only for 950 jumpers. The factory now has 50 jumpers it can't sell, so it says "Well, we're going to let go of one of our factory workers, because we are producing too many jumpers now".

Now this factory worker is out of work - Do you think he'll be eating out at cafes and buying jumpers? Probably not, and so demand falls again. This is why during crises, the government hands out stimulus checks and tells people to spend. Not just to keep unemployed people fed, but also stopping the loss of employment from one person causing more people to become unemployed.

I should note that if you spend your stimulus goods bought overseas, you are stimulating their economy, not your own.

So why doesn't a "freeze" on the economy mean we just pick up where we left off? A few reasons:

1. Well a freeze stops production. If your company makes 12 million widgets a year, and you "Freeze" for 2 months, then that year, only 10 million widgets are being made. Someone has to miss out on a widget.

2. Landlords and banks are part of the economic flow of money as well - If you pay $400 a month in rent to your landlord, in normal times, they will probably take some of that money and spend it on something - Say, a new TV. If you're not paying rent, he's not buying a TV, and a sales person makes no commission, and a factory worker makes no wage.

3. Fear causes a classic "prisoner dilemma". If you haven't read that one, worth a read. Basically, the prisoner dilemma is that if everyone did the "right" thing, then nobody would suffer much. But if one person does the "Wrong" thing, then they get an advantage, and everyone else loses, so in most cases, everyone tries to be the one that does the "Wrong" thing to win, and everyone ends up losing.

In this case, if everyone kept spending the way they were before, the economy would be far better off. But - if someone fearful of their job decides they'd better save their money, they are better off - but the people they would have spent the money on, are worse off - prisoner dilemma. Now, keep that going in a chain reaction, and if the government doesn't step in and do something, the whole economy locks up.

I know that doesn't show the whole story. But hopefully it gives you a picture of why economies can't just be frozen, then unfrozen. There is a real impact of not producing something, or not providing a service for a time even before we consider people acting fearfully and not spending their money.
Well done Sunder!

Dan

Thanks Dan. Hopefully all that makes sense.

Thanks Dan. Hopefully all that makes sense.

Yes it does make sense up to a point.

The fact still stands though that there are serious drawbacks to a system which has severe vulnerabilities AND INABILITY TO ADAPT AND CHANGE.

It is all fine and dandy as long as everything in the world is normal. However if a huge asteroid were to wipe out the entire country of China ( we could not get so lucky) Then the world economy would need to quickly adapt. I was hoping we could just pretend that there is no China by having the rest of the world boycott them. lol

We all know that there is not enough gold in Fort Knocks to back up even half the paper money printed. Inflation is a direct result in the failure of economics. There has to be a sane and viable solution as well as a plan B protocell which can be implemented in case global economics happens to fail miserably so people can still survive.

Nobody knows what could happen. A zombie Apocalypse, An alien invasion. A comet or asteroid. A massive solor flare and my favorite a nuclear holocaust. any of these or a combination of these would need some form of order and sanity that could meet the needs of any survivors if there is any. :lol: Thanks.

LC. out.

Inflation is actually a designed in feature of the system.

If I told you a hub motor that was $100 today, would be $110 tomorrow, you'd most likely order the motor today, wouldn't you?

But if I told you a hub motor that was $100 today, would be $90 tomorrow, you'd wait until tomorrow, wouldn't you?

On a less extreme scale, that's inflation. It's designed to encourage people to either invest, or spend, not just sit in their cash. Because it's not the amount of money in circulation. It's how fast that that money moves.

Let's say there's only two people in an economy. A farmer, and a blacksmith, and only $10. The farmer starts with the $10.

A. He needs a new set of shoes for his horse, so pays the blacksmith to do it. The $10 note is passed to the blacksmith
B. The blacksmith gets hungry, so buys a $10 chicken, The $10 note is passed to the farmer.
C. The farmer now needs his chicken coup repaired.The $10 note is passed to the blacksmith
D. The blacksmith is hungry again, so buys $10 of pork. The $10 note is passed to the farmer.

All fine - until one day, the farmer decides he wants to save up $20 for a new barn, so he puts the $10 note into a piggy bank. Now, the blacksmith wants work, but the farmer isn't spending. The farmer keeps waiting for more money to come in from the Blacksmith, but as hungry as he is, he doesn't have any money to spend. And so the economy stops.

Of course, how it works in real life, is the farmer doesn't put it in the piggy bank, he puts it in the bank, and the bank can lend the $10 to the blacksmith so he can eat, and the economy starts up again.

So, back to why inflation is part of the economy? If you have a look at most federal banks statements, they will say they are targeting a 2-3% inflation band. Why? Because it puts a little pressure on people to spend or invest, rather than just save their cash. If your cash is worth 2-3% less next year, then you'd better find something to do with it. Put it in a term deposit? For 1% return if you're lucky, you're still losing. Sure, the bank could lend that money back out, but only if there is demand for borrowing, and even then, they have reserve limits (they must retain part of whatever you deposit as a safety buffer, in case a large number of savers all want their cash back at once).

So, in effect, you are pressured into spending or investing everything you earn, instead of letting it sit under the mattress, or in low interest bank accounts because that keeps the economy going, by keeping the money moving.

"I spend each day listening to news and podcast radio......"

I did that in the beginning of this health disaster to get a handle on what was going on. Now I've gone the opposite route. Looking at the news, which is the same news over and over, was making me nervous, angry and depressed, so I stopped cold turkey. It's been great! Feel much more positive and healthier.

There not one damn thing I can do about any of this stuff, and it looks like any sort of fix is a long way off anyway. The politicians and so called experts seem as crazy as loons too, which is not exactly comforting. I've had pets that were smarter. In fact, going by what I see, I've probably had house plants that were smarter. It's not a head in the sand philosophy, it's called not worrying about things that I have no control over. Sticking to what I DO have control over makes more sense to me. Seriously thinking about ditching the internet and smart phone as well. Just get a flip phone like I had. My neighbors will tell me if anything important happens, and it's amazing how much more I'm getting accomplished by not turning the TV on (except for Star Trek reruns at 8PM) and just going to an occasional forum on the web.

There's positive sides to the pandemic too. Birds are more active and friendly, with less cars on the roads the biking has been wonderful, the air is cleaner, and it's given us all a chance to reassess our lives and make changes for the better. I'm reminded of what someone told a reporter years ago when he asked people on the street if they were doing what they wanted to do with their lives. The woman said.....of course I am. What do you think this is, a trial run? This is it! A sound philosophy for today. As Janis said, we better get it while we can, because it just might not be there when we get up in the morning.

As The Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire burns ????????????

Will they let me ride my e bike when they declare martial law. My bet is by Monday the entire USA will be under martial law.

I was going to order batteries Monday as I have been having a problem finding a van or large SUV. I talked to my son Jesse who lives in upstate NY two nights ago and he will help me to haul my storage here but he only has a car.

I saw two vehicles but one was 50 miles away and the other 30. I can not wear a mask on a bus or train as can barley wear it in the grocery store for a few minutes. Not enough air. I would get dizzy and sick trying to wear it.

My only hope to find a vehicle is 200 to 300 worth of e bike batteries capable of at least 50 miles. However I am not familiar with martial law which will be going into effect due to the race riots because that stupid cop had to murder that man in Minnesota.

It was a tragic event and could have been avoided if they put the officer to death a few hours after the incident. Now they are going to war against the police. They may win and kill all the police but many will lose their lives when the military come for them.

The survivors will be very few as if they do not get shot they will get sick. A lot of them were wearing masks during the protests and riots however it is a medical fact when someone yells or screams the virus goes 26 feet. Not 6 feet. For each person with COVID19 who did NOT wear a mask 50 to 100 people will be infected. If not more with such a large mass of people.

100,000 people have already died in the USA. After the riots expect at least a million dead from the virus + 50 to 100 thousand from gun fire. I doubt I will be buying batteries. I would try to escape to Canada if I had a vehicle. However need bateries just to get a vehicle. I see very little hope.

What could be worse than all that. Two things. One would be ISSIS. The USA is in total kayos. It would be the perfect time for a major terrorist attack as the entire country is close to civil war and the coronavirus is still here. It did not go any where.

The second thing is when the next wave of corona virus hits in a matter of two weeks now instead of 6 or 8 months the millions of deaths will need to be avenged. All the hate for law enforcement will then be turned at China. It wont even matter if China did it deliberately or not. The Anarchists will not care.

They will attempt to take the pentagon and will also attempt to storm nuclear silos so they can launch at China. This is it folks. All she wrote. Curtains !!!!!! The USA is done. I doubt I will live long enough to make it to Canada, Alaska or the North Pole. I need a place to run and hide and all I have is an e bike with old battery packs which can only take me about 5 miles. :cry:

Thanks.

LC. out.

Things are looking pretty wild in the US at the moment. Watching it with interest on both Australian and US newspapers. Martial law is a bit of a foreign concept to me. I know about it from movies - but I think it's a long way from deploying the national guard - or even regular troops - to actual martial law. Doesn't that actually mean civilian law is suspended, and the military has control of any remaining judicial processes? Like looters can be shot by a soldier, without having to worry being tried for murder, like a police officer might have to?

When China said they were moving their two aircraft carriers to the Taiwan Straits, I was waiting for Trump to escalate. If he said that he was moving ships there, I was thinking of living at my dad's hobby farm in the country for a week or so to see if any captains had itchy trigger fingers.

Paranoid? Possibly, but right now, we have two leaders of countries who own nukes, who won't back down. All it takes is one nervous gunboat captain and a misunderstanding in the fog of war, and who knows where it will end? I think it's unlikely - Really unlikely - like less than 1% chance - even less now that Trump didn't try to one up China... But I'm still keeping an eye on the news - if the war of words starts getting military, I'm getting out of here.

It costs nothing to work from the country for a couple weeks - I'm working from home anyway. But if it means I don't need to drill my kids to run into the basement every time they hear raid warning sirens, and don't need to contend with a mass exodus and panic buying toilet paper when the shooting starts, it was well worth it to be seen as paranoid.

As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. accelerant

"an accelerant is any substance or mixture that accelerates or speeds the development and escalation of "

The fact I have a brain is either a gift or a curse.

I hear "I cant breath" I hear it a lot. My feelings on that are simple and complicated both.

COVID19 attacks the lungs. All 100,000 deaths were because the victims could not breathe!!!

First of all lets get one thing straight. I hate PIGS ! I always have. I have no respect for law and order and never was fond of law enforcement.

However I also have a brain. It may take me a while to see the truth but eventually it becomes clear.

#1. COVID19 is a bio weapon designed for euthanasia. The debate and what I was thinking in my head was China was directly responsible. The US government had no idea and was a surprise and was not in on it.

Unfortunately that was wishful thinking.

What has took place in the last several days is equal to dumping gasoline from air planes on a forest fire instead of water.

I watch news daily as well as right wing pod cast radio. The fact is there are 100,000 deaths due to COVID19. A very large percent are African American. My guess is if the US government was responsible for COVID19 then the reason was to trim the heard or cut down population by getting rid of the UNDESIRABLE !!!!!!! (Those who do not contribute to the economy) Old people, Disabled veteran's, persons on social security . ext. Anyone on welfare or public assistance falls in the group and minorities that are poor and in poverty especially inner city African American's fall in that category.

As far as I know all major sporting events are still suspended due to social distancing. restaurants are closed and 6 feet is the minimum distance between persons to avoid transmission.

From what I heard masks are about 30% effective in close distance under 6 feet. Due to one tragic event in Minnesota thousands maybe millions of people failed to social distance.

There are two logical conclusions to this recent chain of events and neither of them are even close to being good.

1. It is a conspiracy to basically put COVID19 on steroids' since in the months prior to the tragic event in Minnesota there is defiantly proof that COVID19 is very effective in murdering 100,000 persons the majority elderly NON contributors to society and minorities NOT limited to African American but also Spanish and other minority races. (The Undesirable to the very elite Nazi or communist organization responsible).

2. There is no conspiracy period. No euthanasia , no secret elite international group and the rotten pig that murdered mr. Floyd was not an assassin to bring the spread of COVID19 to a whole new level. He is the ANTICHRIST. In true biblical terms.

This means that religion is real and true and we are truly dealing with the end of days. Soon Jesus Christ will return to earth exactly as the bible states.

Thanks.

LC. out.

latecurtis said:
As the Hub Motor Turns and the LiPo Fire Burns. accelerant

"an accelerant is any substance or mixture that accelerates or speeds the development and escalation of "

The fact I have a brain is either a gift or a curse.

I hear "I cant breath" I hear it a lot. My feelings on that are simple and complicated both.

COVID19 attacks the lungs. All 100,000 deaths were because the victims could not breathe!!!

First of all lets get one thing straight. I hate PIGS ! I always have. I have no respect for law and order and never was fond of law enforcement.

However I also have a brain. It may take me a while to see the truth but eventually it becomes clear.

#1. COVID19 is a bio weapon designed for euthanasia. The debate and what I was thinking in my head was China was directly responsible. The US government had no idea and was a surprise and was not in on it.

Unfortunately that was wishful thinking.

What has took place in the last several days is equal to dumping gasoline from air planes on a forest fire instead of water.

I watch news daily as well as right wing pod cast radio. The fact is there are 100,000 deaths due to COVID19. A very large percent are African American. My guess is if the US government was responsible for COVID19 then the reason was to trim the heard or cut down population by getting rid of the UNDESIRABLE !!!!!!! (Those who do not contribute to the economy) Old people, Disabled veteran's, persons on social security . ext. Anyone on welfare or public assistance falls in the group and minorities that are poor and in poverty especially inner city African American's fall in that category.

As far as I know all major sporting events are still suspended due to social distancing. restaurants are closed and 6 feet is the minimum distance between persons to avoid transmission.

From what I heard masks are about 30% effective in close distance under 6 feet. Due to one tragic event in Minnesota thousands maybe millions of people failed to social distance.

There are two logical conclusions to this recent chain of events and neither of them are even close to being good.

1. It is a conspiracy to basically put COVID19 on steroids' since in the months prior to the tragic event in Minnesota there is defiantly proof that COVID19 is very effective in murdering 100,000 persons the majority elderly NON contributors to society and minorities NOT limited to African American but also Spanish and other minority races. (The Undesirable to the very elite Nazi or communist organization responsible).

2. There is no conspiracy period. No euthanasia , no secret elite international group and the rotten pig that murdered mr. Floyd was not an assassin to bring the spread of COVID19 to a whole new level. He is the ANTICHRIST. In true biblical terms.

This means that religion is real and true and we are truly dealing with the end of days. Soon Jesus Christ will return to earth exactly as the bible states.

Thanks.

LC. out.
WOW LC.
You really feel that we don't support the economy? We spend money to support the economy. We may not work anymore but did and did add to the economy. Now we are retired/disabled and are getting what we helped support. Even YOU helped this economy, YES YOU.

I think this peaceful protest has turned into a RIOT. So you don't like PIGS, well without them most of us would be gone. Yeah there are a bunch of BAD PIGS but are more good than bad. I still don't understand why they arrested Mr Floyd. No way should he have been handled like that and the cops standing around should be in jail too.

As the Covid-19 is a tool to cut the population, I don't know since only 100,00 have died. If it was a way to kill millions way help the sick/ put them to bed and walk away. Instead we have so many people helping the sick at risk of getting it too. I still feel that the virus was created to use as a weapon but was stopped to a degree. In China it was a test and they managed to kill as many in ONE city as they wanted. While letting other go across the world to see what other countries would be able to do with it. Maybe it was or wasn't we might never know.

All I can say is, I's so sorry to the poor / uneducated / rich / well educated people that are involved in the peaceful RIOT. STUPID it is.

I said too much, I hate this stuff. WHY must we kill each other?

Dan

I think this peaceful protest has turned into a RIOT. So you don't like PIGS, well without them most of us would be gone. Yeah there are a bunch of BAD PIGS but are more good than bad.

Well I admit you do have a point. However there are law enforcement officers who are properly trained and follow the rules by the book in most circumstances however for every 20 or 50 fine officer's of the law that children are taught to look up to there are also 1 or 2 PIGS. I saw 4 filthy pigs in a snuff video murdering an African American. How many more are out there ? Until there are NONE. There will never be peace.

Furthermore if they were to deploy robo police or drones to take the place of law enforcement. I think the public could be safer. Ai intelligence would be strictly by the book as long as the system could NOT be hacked.

Anyway I need a waterproof thumb throttle as well as a new battery pack this month. The rent is paid and my direct deposit went to my new checking account and I am ready to order today.

However I see many different choices. I am really NOT familiar with many of these as they are new. I never dealt with any of them so could use some help here making a decision. I will post the ones

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-20Ah-Lithium-li-ion-Battery-Pack-1000W-ebike-Bicycle-E-Bike-Electric-charger/193462026507?_trkparms=aid%3D1110006%26algo%3DHOMESPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D225074%26meid%3D6cc61e287335447e8951a1da99863c2e%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dco%26sd%3D254436595356%26itm%3D193462026507%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplAMLv5PairwiseWebWithBBEV2bDemotion&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

https://www.ebay.com/itm/laudation-36V-20ah-E-bicycle-Li-ion-battery-10S6P-Built-in-Panasonic-NCR-18650BD/254349667303?_trkparms=aid%3D1110012%26algo%3DSPLICE.SOIPOST%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D225074%26meid%3Dd97ae2a576c44ca68b88810184c1e48d%26pid%3D100008%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D12%26sd%3D254436595356%26itm%3D254349667303%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DPromotedSellersOtherItemsV2&_trksid=p2047675.c100008.m2219

Thanks.

LC. out.

Definitely not the first. 20Ah pack and 5 parallel is 4Ah per cell, no 4Ah 18650 cells. Maybe the new Tesla cells but no 18650.
Neither have the greatest reviews for the low number of sales.

Yes there are too many PIGS as you put it, but if we all think they are all bad we will need the Military to stop this disaster! The problem with most big organizations is that they seem to team together. Like DRs. you have a bad surgery they seem to support each other. None of them seem to stand and say that so and so did a bad/mistake in the OR. Unions are great and they are also bad. Been there done that. Money talks!!

Dan

So many thoughts on this one. It's true that there's good and bad people in every organisation, not just police. It's also true that good people sometimes make bad mistakes (Not saying the police officer was good - 18 complaints against him for excessive use of force in 20 years). And that bad people win when good people do nothing (18 complaints - and was still in the force?). But they are all platitudes. They solve no problems.

The problem is bigger than the wrong people, or the wrong training. It's a problem that's been multi-generational, systemic, and it's fairly core to human psychology.

Start with the Stanford Prison Experiment. 21 one people - pre-vetted, just like police are pre-vetted, to have no mental health issues, or personality disorders, divided into either guards or prisoners. And within a day:

"According to the lore that’s grown up around the experiment, the guards, with little to no instruction, began humiliating and psychologically abusing the prisoners within twenty-four hours of the study’s start."

Bear in mind, these prisoners don't even fill your typical stereotypes of your violent criminals. The prisoners were not tattooed, muscle bound, or particularly anti-establishment with attitude. in fact, any history of crime, or any indication of anti-social behaviours from the vetting ruled you out.

That's the baseline for our our absolute best case, without proactive training to stop the abuse.

But then throw in a mix of truth and myths, and you get what we have here. That black men are more likely to commit violent crimes, that a lot of cops die in the line of duty. That there's an us versus them mentality between the black community and police. How much is racism, and how much is true? Are there stats on whether police killings are more likely to be committed by a person of colour? (I genuinely don't know).

But even if it is pure racism, who is to blame - the person? Or movies, who almost always portray black men as the criminals? Or music? You think of white musicians, and you think of people like Ed Sheeran and Harry Styles, whose songs mostly deal with love and romance. You think of black musicians, and you think 50 cent and 2pac - mostly about the hard life, drugs, and f*** the cops. Yeah, sure, there are some exceptions like Eminem and Usher, but they do tend to be the exception, not the rule.

The brain uses short cuts - even more so in stressful situations. Even in your own life, you don't know if a person is going to be nice or bad. You're walking through a bad part of town and hear someone behind you. You see a person, how can you make a judgement? Are they bigger than you? How are they dressed? What's the expression on their face? How do you know little Tiffany isn't going to murder you?

latest

"Then I saw little Tiffany, thinking 8 year old white girl, middle to ghetto, this time of night with a bunch of monster, quantum physics books... She about to start some shit" (Will smith in Men in Black, if you haven't seen it):

[youtube]cRXNNqNfQBs[/youtube]

Anyway, under stress, police do use mental short cuts. "This guy is bigger than me", "This guy is in a hoodie, not a suit", yes, even "This guy is young, and black". Not saying kneeling on someone's neck for 9 minutes is part of this response, but it certainly is cases like Phillando Castile.

Speaking of which, throw in the 2nd amendment. Not a problem by itself, but so that there are MANY more guns, both legal and illegal, so that the police don't know if you're reaching for a wallet or reaching for a gun. Some criminals will always be able to get their hands on a gun. No question. But where it's very hard to get one, like in the UK and Australia, only serious criminals like mid to high tier drug dealers and senior members of bikie gangs have them. Police mostly only expect guns to be pulled on them when doing planned raids, not routine traffic stops. In the US, it seems that it's always a possibility. Even in the nicer parts of Minneapolis, when a young white woman is coming up to your car apparently...

And so we give police bigger weapons and better armour - military grade in some instances, so they have a better chance against the criminal who is carrying. Put in training that a suspect has to be "Secured", even if they aren't carrying, and you get training in choke holds and other dangerous moves.

Now add politicians who declare a "war on crime" and you complete the "us vs them" mentality.

I had a lot more to say, but this is long enough, and I have a work meeting to attend. Anyway, my point is that there won't be a resolution to these riots for the foreseeable future. At best, they can provide police better training to avoid the more preventable ones like George Floyd. For the rest, unless American culture changes, it will only ever be a fine balance between protecting police, and protecting the public from jumpy police.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Li-ion-Battery-48V-16AH-Volt-Rechargeable-Bicycle-1000W-E-Bike-Electric-Li-ion/274131032778?hash=item3fd37b9aca:g:hFcAAOSw0Lld6zdH

https://www.ebay.com/itm/36V-30Ah-Lithium-li-ion-Battery-Pack-1000W-ebike-Bicycle-E-Bike-Electric-charger/274381102858?_trkparms=aid%3D555021%26algo%3DPL.SIMRVI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D225074%26meid%3D4663306bcf044d178b3e6a428b59c669%26pid%3D100752%26rk%3D16%26rkt%3D19%26mehot%3Dco%26sd%3D274134285390%26itm%3D274381102858%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675%26algv%3DSimplRVIAMLv5WebWithPLRVIOnTopCombiner&_trksid=p2047675.c100752.m1982

are any of these good ?????

I was hoping someone has experience using a battery pack so I do not order garbage. I really need to order batteries now as will take awhile to ship. I am looking at under 200 bucks for the most range possible and prefer XT60 plugs so I do not have to cut wires as I already have connecters made with my old packs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32891184052.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000014.28.66f1624eSPDFsE&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.14976.175188.0&scm_id=1007.14976.175188.0&scm-url=1007.14976.175188.0&pvid=12f39e32-66a3-4c64-b2d8-5212581303f3&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller,scm-url:1007.14976.175188.0,pvid:12f39e32-66a3-4c64-b2d8-5212581303f3,tpp_buckets:668%230%23131923%2312_668%23808%234093%23891_668%23888%233325%2314_4976%230%23175188%2337_4976%232711%237538%23612_668%232846%238114%23727_668%232717%237564%23602

I never ordered from alli express . Probably Chinese right ? I really would like to get the LTO batteries even if I have to go a little over 200 bucks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32891184052.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000014.28.66f1624eSPDFsE&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.14976.175188.0&scm_id=1007.14976.175188.0&scm-url=1007.14976.175188.0&pvid=12f39e32-66a3-4c64-b2d8-5212581303f3&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller,scm-url:1007.14976.175188.0,pvid:12f39e32-66a3-4c64-b2d8-5212581303f3,tpp_buckets:668%230%23131923%2312_668%23808%234093%23891_668%23888%233325%2314_4976%230%23175188%2337_4976%232711%237538%23612_668%232846%238114%23727_668%232717%237564%23602

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32993142059.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000014.32.66f1624eA3SfbJ&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.14976.175188.0&scm_id=1007.14976.175188.0&scm-url=1007.14976.175188.0&pvid=7df39799-d45b-4c81-a17c-ec15ce5600cc&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller,scm-url:1007.14976.175188.0,pvid:7df39799-d45b-4c81-a17c-ec15ce5600cc,tpp_buckets:668%230%23131923%2317_668%23808%234093%23891_668%23888%233325%2314_4976%230%23175188%2337_4976%232711%237538%23103_668%232846%238114%23727_668%232717%237564%23602

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32887513041.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000014.32.66f1624eFL78AX&gps-id=pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller&scm=1007.14976.175188.0&scm_id=1007.14976.175188.0&scm-url=1007.14976.175188.0&pvid=f125e26f-b6f5-4434-83d9-bbf475e5081e&_t=gps-id:pcDetailBottomMoreOtherSeller,scm-url:1007.14976.175188.0,pvid:f125e26f-b6f5-4434-83d9-bbf475e5081e,tpp_buckets:668%230%23131923%232_668%23808%234093%23891_668%23888%233325%2314_4976%230%23175188%2337_4976%232711%237538%23498_668%232846%238114%23727_668%232717%237564%23602

Thanks.

LC. out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back