New Kelly pseudo FOC controller series

izeman said:
wow great to hear. you DID NOT include a firmware upgrade option? this just can't be true.
the "old" controllers do support it, you build new ones and leave out this feature?
so all of us pre-users are left out of any improvements now?
is there at least a chance to receive a new cpu with new firmware flashed? i have 01040001 and would like to see if setting frequency to 20kHz would make my motor work. but that chance is left out for me.
fany: what did you offer to customers to benefit from new software? i hope buying a new controller is not the only option.

I think what they don't have is the HARDWARE on that wire for regen in the old controllers.

SplinterOz said:
SplinterOz said:
Ok just checked... I have a very old version of the software... a pre 0105 (special build for me I think).
Should be able to get and run the 01050002 software on my current controllers?

Ok so my KLS-D is saying version 01040001 and Serial 15080106.
Can I get the 0105002 software on this so I can have 12v brake, motor temp and the frequency options?
How do I flash a new version?

Thanks
Simple answer : YOU CAN'T. Kelly didn't think of making the cpu flashable. I'm busted too.

fany said:
The 0106 version KLS controller can support variable regen mode.The new version will be released next month.

That sounds good. When you say next month... you really mean by january I suppose? it's already the end of the month and on december it's going to be christmas and new year time... so very slow for anything..

Would you also make a smaller controller? like the one from Izeman? And field weakening would be great

riba2233 said:
fany said:
SplinterOz said:
I have a couple here and from the programming and the manual no it doesn't have variable regen.

After receiving many request about varaible regen,we added this function for KLS controller.
The 0106 version will support this regen mode.
But it can not be updated by reflashing.Sorry for the trouble.
Just like what we said we may add some functions if many many customers asked for it.
We may upgrade the version to 0107 in future if customers ask for the reasonable request.

If you add field weakening, I'm buying right away! :)

Sorry,we can not add field weakening feature for KLS controller.

SplinterOz said:
SplinterOz said:
Ok just checked... I have a very old version of the software... a pre 0105 (special build for me I think).

Can I get the 0105002 software on this so I can have 12v brake, motor temp and the frequency options?

Thanks

Sorry,only 0106 version can support variable regen,motor temp,12V brake and frequency options for KLS controller.
Sorry,KLS used a different MCU and interrupt mode for the detections.Our software engineer said it can not support reflashing job.
The KEB or KBL used inquire mode for detections and a common MCU.
I am sorry for this trouble.If the returned customers want to get the latest new controller with new functions,they may buy it.
If they can provide SN and model of the controller before buying,we can offer a discount to compensate.

Thanks,
Fany

cwah said:
fany said:
The 0106 version KLS controller can support variable regen mode.The new version will be released next month.

That sounds good. When you say next month... you really mean by january I suppose? it's already the end of the month and on december it's going to be christmas and new year time... so very slow for anything..

Would you also make a smaller controller? like the one from Izeman? And field weakening would be great

When I said next month,I meant it is December.You can buy it in December.2015.We will release 0106 version tomorrow.
Yes,it is a big holiday in December.
The one KLS48121S or KLS7212S is smaller than one from Izeman who has KLS6018S controller.

Thanks,
Fany

fany said:
SplinterOz said:
SplinterOz said:

Thanks

Sorry,only 0106 version can support variable regen,motor temp,12V brake and frequency options for KLS controller.
Sorry,KLS used a different MCU and interrupt mode for the detections.Our software engineer said it can not support reflashing job.
The KEB or KBL used inquire mode for detections and a common MCU.
I am sorry for this trouble.If the returned customers want to get the latest new controller with new functions,they may buy it.
If they can provide SN and model of the controller before buying,we can offer a discount to compensate.

Thanks,
Fany

Fany,

Thanks for clearing that up.
I will probably be in touch early next year once I have completed my testing and I know if I want to proceed to a large model for my next build.
I presume these features will also exist in the KLS-I models.

Yes,sure.KLS-I used the same features.And KLS-I can provide broadcast CAN Bus function by default.

fany said:
When I said next month,I meant it is December.You can buy it in December.2015.We will release 0106 version tomorrow.
Yes,it is a big holiday in December.
The one KLS48121S or KLS7212S is smaller than one from Izeman who has KLS6018S controller.

Thanks,
Fany

Are they smaller but still 240A? I still need decent amount of power.

Thank you

fany said:
Just like what we said we may add some functions if many many customers asked for it.
We may upgrade the version to 0107 in future if customers ask for the reasonable request.
Fany i would like to make 2 reasonable requests
1 a cycle analyst connection as most here have a CA.
2 logging of bluetooth data on android device, ie temp -- voltage-- mileage ect.
And how active will development be with bluetooth app?
If any one else thinks these are a good idea , please give support
http://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/cycle-analyst-3.html#cables-and-connector-pinouts

Attachments

• ca-dp.PNG
    ca-dp.PNG
    5.4 KB · Views: 3,342
I've been looking at their web site,
So if 240A is 100A, 300A is 125A and 350A is 150A. For $180, $190 and $200.
Plus its programmable and a sinusodal wave pattern.
Maybe the 350A/150A would rock even more then my 18fet 65A Lyen. Same price too!

Is this controller worthwhile to purchase for the high powered mxus 3000w DD motor?
Why would people buy the 240/100A model, when its only $20 for soooo much extra current? then limit it with the C.A.

Man, these Kelly Controllers are making my 18fet 65A Lyen look wimpy now, I just cant have that. Its bugging me!

markz said:
Is this controller worthwhile to purchase for the high powered mxus 3000w DD motor?
Why would people buy the 240/100A model, when its only $20 for soooo much extra current? then limit it with the C.A.

if i think of the KBS controller (KBS48121X in detail), i would not recommend using such for DD motors because acceleration from a dead stop is not good up to 10-15kmh due to the conservative self protection. i was able to stall the motor easy while it only vibrated. to me it seemed it did not push the set phase amps into the motor at very low RPM.

the FOC controllers seem to work better regarding this and izeman made good experience when he used it in combination with his crystalyte DD motor. check his posting somewhere in the thread.

Hello Fany,

I have the KLS7250D controller. It has been running very well until I changed my cheap hall sensor throttle to a Domino throttle. This happens at random. For a while, everything will work perfect. Then all of a sudden, when I stop at an intersection, with the throttle to the lowest position the scooter wants to move forward slightly. And when I apply throttle after that I feel that I have a bit less power and the top speed is 10 km/h lower. Finally when this happens, I have no regen when I return the throttle to the lowest position.
Then out of the blue, it all starts working perfect again. I looked at what happens in the software, there is no error message but something odd happens on the ''TPS Pedel'' window. When all is working fine, at low throttle it reads 4, at full throttle it reads 250 with the motor showing 860 rpm. I twist the throttle a few times and suddenly at low throttle the TPS Pedel reads 24 and the motor wants to turn, at full throttle it reads 190 and the rpm is under 800.

What I want to know is what is causing this, is it a setting in the controller that needs adjusting or do I have a defective Domino throttle? This did not happen with my cheap hall sensor throttle.

madin88 said:
markz said:

if i think of the KBS controller (KBS48121X in detail), i would not recommend using such for DD motors because acceleration from a dead stop is not good up to 10-15kmh due to the conservative self protection. i was able to stall the motor easy while it only vibrated. to me it seemed it did not push the set phase amps into the motor at very low RPM.

the FOC controllers seem to work better regarding this and izeman made good experience when he used it in combination with his crystalyte DD motor. check his posting somewhere in the thread.

So is there no problems with the new controller? It can accelerate decently from stand point? If it can't I'll get a sabvoton or adapto

izeman said:
i like it. it can output more current then older products. i can't complain.
you can always buy one a bigger size so it can deliver more current.

but does it pull max current from stand still? because apparently some version only have max power from 5km/h for protection

Yeah I am a little confused myself, what line of the Kelly Controller are the FOC, those are the Sine Wave Controllers right?

I'd love to buy one with ~150 or more amps, for $200. It just seems so much more then my 65A Infineon Lyen modded controller for the same price. Then I could rock 72V and have available to me 150A thats 11,000 watts or more of continuous power.

cwah said:
izeman said:
i like it. it can output more current then older products. i can't complain.
you can always buy one a bigger size so it can deliver more current.

but does it pull max current from stand still? because apparently some version only have max power from 5km/h for protection

Yes
[youtube]VkqMabJUvOg[/youtube]

This is the Kelly KSL-D, you can see points in the video where it breaks traction from standstill.

markz said:
Yeah I am a little confused myself, what line of the Kelly Controller are the FOC, those are the Sine Wave Controllers right?

I'd love to buy one with ~150 or more amps, for $200. It just seems so much more then my 65A Infineon Lyen modded controller for the same price. Then I could rock 72V and have available to me 150A thats 11,000 watts or more of continuous power.

Yep under the Sine wave controllers... and yes the price and size is good.
Firmware is not up-gradable which is a pain, but the setup and config simple and effective.

markz said:

Im using a cell man 18 fet infenio and at @ 72v-- 100 amp burst its reliable so far :) . if your refering to the KLS-S Controllers dont forget the amp ratings are phase..
About time kelly rated there controllers @ batt amps as well as phase, like all the rest, would make comparing alot easier

EDIT Ow and the kls-7240s [ largest one ] has diapered from the site listing ??

does anyone know if the KLS96 series of controllers will support a 24s li-ion pack (100.8v full charge voltage). I intend on using regen and pushing a lot of power through it, so it would be good to have some confirmation that i'm not asking for trouble with this combination.

Back