New Kelly pseudo FOC controller series

:lol: Yeah, it *can* be simple, but when you have a programmable controller it can get complex to setup the way you want.

With simple "brainless" controllers (that have no options, so are generically setup to just work with whatever motor, by brute force mostly), they are relatively simple to setup. But they don't let you adjust anything if you don't like something, or it doesn't work with your motor. And they aren't as "efficient"; they just push until the motor moves, etc. (or until something blows up)

amberwolf said:
:lol: Yeah

I just switched over to Greentime SENSORLESS controller and its better then the generic SENSORED controller. No programmability and the the Learn wires are idiot proof, even though I couldnt get mine going at first :lol: until I unpowered and repowered.

cwah said:
I have a new problem with my kelly controller today.

It was working fine yesterday, but today when I connect my android phone to the controller i have the message "open device failed" then "open flash failed"

Any idea what that means? I rebooted and it still has the same problem. Wiring seems ok.

Sorry to revive an ancient post - but did you ever solve this? My controller is doing the same today. I can re-pair my phone to the controller, but I can't get the app to connect properly and get either Bluetooth Connect Failed, Open Device Failed or Open Flash Failed messages. Worked fine a few days ago, and I've tried turning the bike on and off, restarting my phone and re-pairing to the bike with no change. It connected once, but then the app crashed when I went to read the values from the controller.

benjamin84 said:
cwah said:
I have a new problem with my kelly controller today.

It was working fine yesterday, but today when I connect my android phone to the controller i have the message "open device failed" then "open flash failed"

Any idea what that means? I rebooted and it still has the same problem. Wiring seems ok.

Sorry to revive an ancient post - but did you ever solve this? My controller is doing the same today. I can re-pair my phone to the controller, but I can't get the app to connect properly and get either Bluetooth Connect Failed, Open Device Failed or Open Flash Failed messages. Worked fine a few days ago, and I've tried turning the bike on and off, restarting my phone and re-pairing to the bike with no change. It connected once, but then the app crashed when I went to read the values from the controller.

Answered my own question - took the bluetooth dongle out of the bike and found it had gotten quite wet. Will be drying it out now to see if it comes back to life, and if it does I'll seal up the little cap with some hot glue to prevent water getting in there again.

With the new revision of Kelly KLS controller you can order it with toque throttle, 3 speed switch and display support!

They lie about torque throttle since Kelly exists....

Try asking fany what the difference is between speed and torque.
If the answer is again wrong no surprise on delivery getting another speed throttle controller.

Ok I'll try. It's strange, because my previous KBS-X have torque and speed throttle option.

Another interesting informations. It looks like you really can have toque.

Edit: added screenshot

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-07-29 at 08.10.44.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-07-29 at 08.10.44.jpeg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,052
Back