No Solder, No welding 48v 20Ah. Cheap battery Pack

Video I find a waste of time.

Please post text version with diagrams, photos.

Obviously the scooter worked, so it was a success. I'm sure the scooter runs much better than it did with lead-acid batteries.

I can't see from the video exactly how the screws holding the cells are arranged. There will be a tendency for the contacts to go bad over time or when you hit a bump in the road.

Used laptop cells are inexpensive, but you run an increased risk of fire when charging. Charge outdoors in a place where a fire won't do any damage.

Wow, very substantial bus-bars.

How is the voltage drop under load? Judging only by the pics, I would think that the interface between the cell and the bars would impede the performance a bit.

Don't drop a metal wrench in that trunk with the battery inside... :shock: :warn: :flame: :kff:
Your build reminds me my first solderless battery attemps with plexiglass, copper bussbars, brass nuts and bolts and contact springs:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=87434&start=25#p1277444

In fact my design got inspiration from yours Matador. I am improving my design now with a top cover. and a more compact one. will keep you posted on it.

MAXIMUM_AMPS said:
bik-e-bik-e said:
NewDesign1.jpg

Looks like a clever design! I take it those "pillars" provide the necessary clamping force to get a solid connection?

Of course those are 10mm PVC Rods. They should hold it firm. I am in process of building it. Will update once done.

How much does it weigh??
Weight is everything in cycling to my mind (and to my body lol) :wink:
I want to come to India and buy a motorbike but I can't own one as a foreigner :(
SO maybe I can come over, kit out an electric cycle and try and make it back to Europe :lowbatt:

Back