Oset Conversion using the jonescg amazing screw terminals

pottz

1 mW
So although I rode a certain Electric race bike bike for a while I'm still a complete LiPo numpty and have no idea about such things other than it is the way forward.
I bought the young fella an Oset bike which he loves and I really believe is a brilliant bit of gear but that is another story. It wasn't long at all before it was suggested to ditch the lead acid and replace it with LiPo. My brief was that I didn't really need more speed or power but lighter weight and more range would be fantastic.
Chris wanted to really dummy test the new screw terminal system he was designing (me being the dummy), one thing let to another and we were ordering a BMS and finding some cells.

Really long story short its together now. I messed up just about everything you possibly could doing the conversion and Chris helped me heaps over the phone. I even damaged some cells, luckily the screw terminal system worked perfectly and we were able to replace them no trouble at all. Here is the finished product. I cant wait for The boy to get home from school and we can go out and give it a test run. I'm sure being such a little guy he will really appreciate the few kilograms lighter weight the bike is now and the longer run time.

IMAG1288.jpg

You should see how fast it is with a 13kg kid on it!!
Had to turn the throttle response down, he was tearing up the grass.

https://youtu.be/EdsVxyEjG7o

Back