osnpower battery 48v 20ah review

HERE AN OTHER LINK WHERE OSNPOWER SHOWS ONE A123 20AH MADE IN U.S.A. AND DECLARES THEY ARE MADE IN MASSACHUSSETS U.S.A.
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/738398007/full_tabs_LiFePO4_A123_20Ah_prismatic.html

Perhaps you could locate the Caps Lock key on your keyboard, and press it. It turns off the ALL CAPS you are using, which is not necessary or desirable. Then perhaps you could try not bolding everything in your posts.

hi 999zip999
thay are the same size as usa calls the only part i had different was the bms moved from top of pack to one end of the pack

ROG130 said:
hi 999zip999
thay are the same size as usa calls the only part i had different was the bms moved from top of pack to one end of the pack

Did you ever talk to them about the korean cells instead of USA?

Have you used them? Any thoughts on their performance?

bowlofsalad said:
ROG130 said:
hi 999zip999

Did you ever talk to them about the korean cells instead of USA?

Have you used them? Any thoughts on their performance?
no i have not used them yet i dont think there is much difference in them had a look on google and now that are not made in us but in korea ? so long as thay are not duff cell i think thay will be ok osn power have a good feedback for there cells just a bit piss...... that thay are not the usa type april will be back soon and if i am lucky she might send me the usa cell as a goodwill gesture as it clearley states price for usa made cells not korean or a part refund will be good :mrgreen:

She might send you USA made cells after you ship your pack back to them. You will pay postage on your end and will have to wait some time more:)

UPDATE PLEASE READ
just to clear this usa cells and korean cell from osn power if you order cells or a battery please let them know if you would like usa or korean
i had a lovley email back from e.s member april as there was a small mix up with my order but i am not to bothered as my korean cells look like thay are not the cheapy type :D here is the email she sent
please dont let it stop you from getting your a123 cell kits or batterys from them i am happy with what i got funny thing is usa cells are made in korea :shock: :lol:

Today I read the thread "osnpower battery 48v 20ah review" started by you, I just don't know how to express my feelings, something to be happy and something to be depressed.

I just thinking, am I the liar to you and the ES Forum customers?
First I do apologize for the mistake I had made on the ES forum price-list.
When I made the price-list of the A123 battery packs on the ES forum, I forgot to write that the battery pack will be made of not only the USA short tabs cells, but also the Korean short tabs ones.
And when we summarized your order, I forgot to ask you that you like your battery packs made of USA cells or Korean cells, and also you didn't ask me. So when I confirmed the order to our factory, I didn't mark that your battery pack should be made of USA cells, but asked the technicians to use the best short tabs cells (such as high capacity, low internal resistance and so on).
I am so sorry for my fault and beg your understanding.

I think you may know that we are always trying our best to do better service for you.
First, we need to match the cells and choose the most similar and balanced ones to make sure the battery pack will have high capacity and long lifecycle.
For we ran out of the 40A BMS, I ask my manager to give you the 50A BMS with the same prirce as 40A BMS to make sure you can get the battery early.
As our requirements of the battery pack size, the technician customized a special box for the BMS to make sure the safty of battery pack. I think you may have found that we have strict assembly procedures for the battery pack and we really spent a lot of time in it after you took apart the battery pack.

Now let alone all the things, let's talk about the USA cells and Korean cells.
I just wodering, did you test our 48V 20Ah battery pack?
Is there any other quality problems besides it is made of Korean cells?

To be honest, when we buy the cells from our special channel, we just can choose the better grade cells with higher cost than that of other suppliers, but we have NO right to pick up the only the USA cells, NOT the Korean cells.
That's to say, our cost for the USA and Korean cells are the same, NO difference.

So when our factory deals with the A123 20ah orders, if it is NOT especially asked by the customers that the battery pack should be made of USA or Korean cells, they just make the battery packs randomly. Because the technicians have tested our USA cells and Korean cells almost have same quality.
For example, if there are 16 pieces Korean cells have high quality, they will build the battery pack with Korean cells; or if there are 16 piece USA cells, they will build a A123 USA battery packs.

And also there is another thing I think I need to let you know.
About the Korean cells, there are two kinds in the A123 battery market.
One has almost the same quality as the USA cells(high capacity, low internal resistance, high discharge rate C and so on); but the other kind of the Korean cells with poorer quality(Low capacity, high internal resistance and low discharge rate C)

I checked very carefully with our technician, your battery pack is made of the Korean cells with the same quality as the USA cells, NOT the poorer quality Korean ones.
And also I would like to let you know, we have tested your battery pack with 20A constant discharge rate, it is about 19.3Ah.

So much for this, sorry for all the troubles caused by me.
Sincerely beg your understanding with a sales girl, who is sorry for her fault, but always trying her best to do better.

Many thanks,
Nancy

How many of the cells are made in USA? This message states it should be some sort of mix. How many times have you cycled the cells? Have you done any discharge and AH capacity tests?

Were you made aware that you needed to ask if the cells you were buying in your pack were going to be from both korea and USA if you didn't specify? If so, why didn't you let us know? Also, wouldn't that be strange to say after the fact that you needed to specify which you wanted (USA or Korean) when that pamphlet says 'genuine made in USA'?

This stinks of bait and switch and it sounds like there is a reasonable idea as to why you accept it without telling us. Nancy sent you a long drawn out e-mail that didn't really say much of anything other than, 'oops'.

If you were made aware of the 'you have to ask which you want' and some of the cells are made in the USA and Korea, and your testing of the cell confirms that these aren't trash, maybe it can be a reasonable over sight. But if that is so, why didn't you let us know about this earlier?

You said you paid 750, was it 650+100 shipping?

999zip999 said:
Sounds like a green bowl of salad.
There is only two theories I can come up with as to what you mean. You are saying I am either an envious bowl of salad or a newbie bowl of salad. Care to clarify?

I am a newbie, I am not jealous.

Or could be a third one, as I didn't think you to be a fruit salad or browned salad. Maybe just a mixed salad. Now you got me thinking ? Back to the game.

I believe April be a honest woman. She is a salesperson at OSN and does not assemble the battery or open them up. I do believe the pack to be match and tested. We all learn in the process.
ROG 130 hope you are able to get the bike on the road soon.

999zip999 said:
Or could be a third one, as I didn't think you to be a fruit salad or browned salad. Maybe just a mixed salad. Now you got me thinking ? Back to the game.

Half the time you make no sense.

Perhaps it is time for you to invest in some English lessons.

Sales people aren't stereotyped as masters of truth and honesty for a reason.

Why would you believe those things? What purpose would you have for saying those things? Do you work for some battery company perhaps? You seem eager to give companies a trustworthy face, there is likely good reasons why people like justin and cell_man have excellent reputations, it isn't because people just believed or assumed as you seem to want to.

In this particular situation, the battery pack ROG130 has could be little more than a box of duds, we don't know, he hasn't used/tested the pack. What we do know is that he thought he was paying for one thing and got another. Believe what you want, but batteries don't deliver power on belief. Corporations lie, they shouldn't be given a pass for doing so. If you are so eager to believe in the words of a corporation, I have a box of special rocks that I acquired through a 'special channel' that'll deliver 200 volts with 5 million ah for only 3000 dollars. I'll sell it to you for only 1000!

bowlofsalad said:
How many of the cells are made in USA? This message states it should be some sort of mix. How many times have you cycled the cells? Have you done any discharge and AH capacity tests?
You said you paid 750, was it 650+100 shipping?

Hi bowlofsalad,
Usually, when our technicians build the battery pack, we are sure that we use the matched cells. As I said in the mail,
"when our factory deals with the A123 20ah orders, if it is NOT especially asked by the customers that the battery pack should be made of USA or Korean cells, they just make the battery packs randomly. Because the technicians have tested our USA cells and Korean cells almost have same quality.
For example, if there are 16 pieces Korean cells have high quality, they will build the battery pack with Korean cells; or if there are 16 piece USA cells, they will build a A123 USA battery packs."
That's to say, in one battery pack, there are ONLY USA cells or ONLY korean cells, NOT to mix USA with Korean cells in ONE pack.
The most similar cells in one pack is to make sure we can make full use of the battery pack.

About ROG130's battery pack, our technician had tested the battery 3 times with 20A constant discharge, and we got about 19.3Ah each time.

About US$750, you may check the price-list:
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=46395&start=30
It is US$650(battery pack with shipping by EMS)+US$70(48V 5A charger with shipping)+US$(650+70)x4%(paypal fee)=US$748.8

bowlofsalad said:
999zip999 said:

Half the time you make no sense.

Perhaps it is time for you to invest in some English lessons.

Sales people aren't stereotyped as masters of truth and honesty for a reason.

Why would you believe those things? What purpose would you have for saying those things? Do you work for some battery company perhaps? You seem eager to give companies a trustworthy face, there is likely good reasons why people like justin and cell_man have excellent reputations, it isn't because people just believed or assumed as you seem to want to.

Hi bowlofsalad,
Fisrt, I do apologize for my fault with ROG130's battery pack. Sincerely hope his understanding.

But I just a little confused, why it is so hard for you to believe others?
Yes, we all know that there exist some sales people sometimes cheat customers for some reasons.
But for me, a sales girl who just graduated from university half a year ago, I am always telling myself that I should try my best to do better service for my customers, NOT just for money.

I just wondering, if there is no trust between customers and sales people, how can we all do business? How can customers pay money first but get his goods after a few of days or month? If there is no trust, what the world will be?

We are always tring to win a excellent reputation, but we also need trust and supports from you and all the customers.
April/Nancy

This isn't a matter of my trust, this is a matter of rog130's purchase. He has already handed you his trust, somehow, it was broken. You can't do business if you break customers trust. Thankfully, although buying things online is risky, the other side to that coin is you can quickly speak about your experience online.

There is a difference between trust, belief, and faith. mr. zippy wants to have faith that a corporation will tell the truth and deliver exactly what is claimed. I like the phrase 'trust but verify'. Every time you purchase something from the internet, you are putting trust into that company and it's product. This whole concept, the transaction that occurred between rog130 and osn, doesn't seem like a positive thing to me. As rog130 pointed out, your flyer plainly states one thing, now you are stating another. At best, he knew there were two options to him, made in Korea and made in USA cells, and you assumed you knew what he wanted. Assumptions are very bad. What if you wanted to buy something from me, a plastic box, but I didn't tell you of the two options, empty or filled with deadly snakes. Since you didn't specify, I assumed you wanted some deadly snakes. Oopsie

Beyond all that, -you-, the corporation, have made claims about the product. But what seems radically more relevant to me is what the customer claims. Someone can sell me a block of metal, but instead I receive a block of wood, if the seller insists it's a nice block of metal, but I say it's a block of wood, who's perspective might hold more credibility? Think about bias.

This is the premises of customer reviews vs marketing. Your flyer is marketing, rog130 is performing a customer review. He trusted he was receiving made in the USA A123 cells. He received made in Korea A123 cells. The details of the battery concerning what he claims he has received is still unknown. I am not going to blindly accept that these are good cells meeting all claimed specifications, I'll accept what rog130 says.

You folks intentionally placed 'genuine made in USA cells' on your flyer deliberately, for a purpose, marketing. It sounds good. This whole back story about 'he didn't specify' is a huge load of BS. If I was rog130, I'd likely be getting the charge reversed and requesting prepaid package label right now to send your stuff back.

To further help send point my home, see the pictures.

Attachments

• advsr.jpg
    advsr.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 1,668
  • ad-vs-reality-fail.jpg
    ad-vs-reality-fail.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,668
I agree with above statement. It should not be directly focused on Nancy rather ONS as company and this should be fixed at no further cost to customer. Enough people are fuc*ed about by corporations.
One thing caught my eye in Nancys statement thou. She says that Korean cells are ALMOST identical to USA made ones. Logic is whispering me if they are almost same they could not be better which only means they are worse quality.

well i must say when i ordered the battery pack the listing did say price for genuine usa a123 cell so i was thinking i was going to get usa cells and not korean if it said price for genuine korean a123 cells that would be ok thats why i opend the pack to let all es members know how well the pack was built i was happy with the quality of the pack build but not the cells as i was thinking i was going to get usa cells as in the listing
well i dont think i will be getting any usa cells sent to me to replace the koean ones or a part refund to compensate for osn powers mixup or false advertising on there flyer but i dont think i will be getting any more batterys from them and i think most ea members will be doing the same but still osn power just might send me a part refund or some propper usa cells we will all just have to see :roll:

Attachments

• New Price of A123 20ah packs.jpg
    New Price of A123 20ah packs.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 1,625
I don't mean any offense rog130, but a few periods per paragraph would make reading that a whole lot easier.

Have you managed to do any testing on the pack? Or maybe get it on a bike? They say the 'proof is in the pudding', so grab a spoon! To be clear, I mean to say the quality of the pack is seen in it's use or performance. Maybe it looks nice, but looks aren't much in battery performance.

bowlofsalad : Posts: 60
You start by telling many E.S. menbers what they need to do for you and then you are able to correct spelling and spit. yes bowlofsalad what can we do for you today ?

I don't mean any offense rog130, but a few periods per paragraph would make reading that a whole lot easier.
What ? Really.
Sorry for the poor spelling.

999zip999 said:
bowlofsalad : Posts: 60
You start by telling many E.S. menbers what they need to do for you and then you are able to correct spelling and spit. yes bowlofsalad what can we do for you today ?

What? Correct spelling and spit? Menbers? What can you do for me? Write coherently. I seriously don't understand what you mean half of the time. I am not trying to be rude or something, I simply don't understand what you mean to say, I am sure there are others that would agree. It seems most likely that you are trying to write some form of an insult towards me. Are you offended that I suggest you invest in quality English lessons? Because my suggestion is spot on, no question about it. You write a lot on this forum, but you are very hard to or even impossible to comprehend. I am not trying to be a grammar nazi even slightly, just to be clear, at least half of the things that you have written made little or no sense.

What I got from you right here is that I suggest others write clearly (I do) and that you wish to serve me.

The lesson that might be taken away from here is there is tremendous value in clear communication.

I see you edited onto your post. Yes, I suggested adding a few periods to a whole paragraph. What of it? It was merely a suggestion, and it would certainly make reading and communication a whole lot easier. There is no need to get upset about it, if that is what is going on. Change is good.

i will test the battery as soon as i get the frame tig welded and the bike up and running.
but i am in and out of the heart hospital at the moment.
so it could be a month or to before i get round to testing it .
we will find out then if its good or not

ROG130 said:
i will test the battery as soon as i get the frame tig welded and the bike up and running.
but i am in and out of the heart hospital at the moment.
so it could be a month or to before i get round to testing it .
we will find out then if its good or not

Read this entire thread and admire your patience.... Like every international sale it doesn't matter if you're right and have a point, the onus and the cost falls on you, the customer...

Materially misleading the customer is a concern for me.. Even though, as April alleges, the Korean batteries they supplied are just as good.

Was seriously considering buying a 60v 12ah pack from OSN... Not anymore.

Writing about your experience has helped the rest of us, if that is any consolation.. .

i don't see how you can say that using the korean produced cells is materially misleading.

they are all made by the same company on the same equipment with the same materials.

i would choose something manufactured by korean workers over american workers any day of the year.

the koreans have the world's record for work ethic. a more diligent and capable work force does not exist anywhere else in the world.

Back