Placing LiPo order today.. last chance

cbr shadow

1 kW
Hey Guys,
Between 2 other posts about Lipo I've finally decided to go with this setup. I just want to run everything by you guys one more time before placing the order.
(12) of these: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__18631__Turnigy_5000mAh_4S1P_14_8v_20C_hardcase_pack_USA_Warehouse_.html

1) I messaged IceCube57 about making me a wiring harness. Are there other guys on the forum that do this as well, in case I can't get a hold of Icecube?

2) The charger I'm going with this in this link below. Is this a good setup? I can balance the packs with it as well, and dont need any other components? How long will this take to charge?
http://epbuddy.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=17_20&products_id=170&zenid=f6iq68sjuvmj80hd5aprv8h6p3

3) Please check out my layout in the attached picture below. Xanda was a huge help with guiding me to getting the wiring correct. I'm a newb in this area.

Any other suggestions are welcome!
Thanks,
Ryan

Attachments

• Turnigy.jpg
    Turnigy.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 137
cbr shadow said:
I meant to put this in general ebike discussion (more traffic & more relivant). Could I get this moved there?
You might need to msg a mod (I don't know if they dislike this) or change your title to "mod please move" or something more obvious. Or, you could just get lucky with a mod stumbling here.

99V is quite close to the 100v limit. At the very least you will need to change the resistor network to be capable of that, as it says in the posting (I dont know if you told LYEN you plan on running 99V, it might be good to run by him.) Also, you must be sure not to go down a hill with regen after charging up that 99V setup.

I have no idea if it's good practice to run a FET at it's max rating voltage, as you would be. But the issue that Dnum was probably referring to should not be an issue with yours. Off market the specs may not be within tolerance, but LYEN sources good 4110s, so it should be capable of 100v. I just don't know if that's goodpractice.

Thanks guys - As a follow-up in case anyone else wonders this or find this post through the search function, I spoke to Lyen and he explained that the 18FET controller is fine with 24s, but a resistor needs to be replaced. He told me exactly what resisiter needs to be replaced and told me what to replace it with. He said for $10 he'd do the work for me. Sinec it's just 1 resistor i'm going to have an electrical engineer friend do it for me to save on time. The resistor needing to be changed controls the voltage going to the cycle analyst.

Back