Plugs ive never dealt with before.

beast775

100 kW
Does anyone know how to unplug these connectors ? ive tried everything i know but do not want to destroy them.thnx Mark.rsz_100_0850.jpg

Hi fechter, its a factory bike with a bafang hub, so its possible. there is a metal collar between the 2 plugs that spins freely.

I haven't seen ones with the metal collar, but the ones I have seen are very hard to pull apart, but they just pull straight out. Try pulling with some force and see if you can get one apart. Don't pull on the wire, pull on the plug body.

Uhgg, im getting olde :wink: , the metal collar between the plugs unscrew, but my eyesights not what it used to be and couldnt see the line on the collar without a flashlight and magnifying glass.ok back to work.

These are Higo connectors, waterproof (or at least highly resistant) and getting more common.

THey just pull apart at the color rings; they're hard to unplug accidentally cuz it makes the water seal.

The ones with metal rings unscrew counterclockwise from each other on the ring itself, then pull the plugs apart. I've seen these mostly used on the LCD.

At least for small-signal stuff, I really wish Grin Tech (and everyone else) was using them; they're easy to get nowadays.

The panel-mount connectors available from
https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/index.php/en/connectors/higo
aren't too hard to solder wires to even with my eyes and hands, and they also have pre-wired cable sections that could be soldered or crimped to a junction box or each other or other wires or directly into controllers. If I had the money to do it I'd rewire the whole trike with these connectors for small things that need to be disconnected occasionally.

Nice to know what they're called. I've only seen molded ones though. Do they make one you can solder on yourself?

I think Adaptto uses them, as well as Bafang. They gave me pause the first few times as well. They unscrew first, but then you still have to pull with a fair amount of force to get them apart.

fechter said:
Nice to know what they're called. I've only seen molded ones though. Do they make one you can solder on yourself?

Yes, see the link in my post above. ;)

(which has been corrected from the German version to the English one :oops:)

Back