Programming APT AE96600 controller (update: NOT recommended, unstable program)

Thanks for the advice, I am able to limit rpms, so I can try that to test it on the bike safely.

Honestly, I don't mind it being buggy if this is the only bug. It's my first conversion, im not expecting perfection, and I still can have auto regen.

amberwolf said:
If you had a "lanyard-cutoff" switch to disable the controller or cut power to it should it get away from you, you could try the brake on the road, at very low speed (you can do it just walking it along if you can control the throttle that well). You'd just need to set up the experiment so that it's "fail safe". :)

If there is a speed limit setting, you could try enabling that and settting it low so that it can't rocket off, and verify that works on the test bench.

Personally, I suspect it's a bug in the controller firmware and that it simply isn't doing braking at all, and can't, or that it doesnt' work the way it's supposed to, or even that the setup software is wrong for this specific controller's firmware version, so the settings it is sending the controller don't match what the controller's fw expects for some things, or are written to the wrong location, etc., and so behavior is incorrect. Neither one would be surprising for any of the programmable controllers I've seen threads on so far, some of them have some pretty horrifically buggy behaviors and/or incredibly poor UI / etc design, etc.

harrisonpatm said:
This is just happening under no load for now, suspended in a test rig. Are you suggesting that I try the brake input when its on the bike, on the road, with me on it? That makes me nervous to try, after seeing it go from 200rpm to 1000 rpm in half a second. I was hoping to have it sorted before I get it on the bike. Otherwise I'll probably just skip it.

amberwolf said:
Personally, I suspect it's a bug in the controller firmware and that it simply isn't doing braking at all, and can't, or that it doesnt' work the way it's supposed to, or even that the setup software is wrong for this specific controller's firmware version, so the settings it is sending the controller don't match what the controller's fw expects for some things, or are written to the wrong location, etc., and so behavior is incorrect. Neither one would be surprising for any of the programmable controllers I've seen threads on so far, some of them have some pretty horrifically buggy behaviors and/or incredibly poor UI / etc design, etc.

Sound advice as always from you Amber. I bricked my controller entirely when programming with the wrong SW version so this really is a risk with this controller and program.

ebike11 said:
bingbwy said:
2021-08-09 183959.png

Hey, now there's a new APT software

Now the firmware program is built-in. If you are connected to the Internet, you can update to the latest version and apply presets as DAT files.

The bluetooth app worked too I bought the 72420 first and I'm going to buy the 80550

Hi how are you?
Would there be any way to get a copy of the software?
My EV drive manager also isnt working. I tried many versions. None of them recognize the controller.
Thanks in advance!

Hola amigo pudistes conseguir esa version del.software de ser asi como podria yo descargarlo o de que manera lo puedo obtener dado ke te go un controlador apt72400 y no tengo manera de configurar nada dado ke el ev manager viejo no me sirve saludos espero me puedas alludar

bingbwy said:
2021-08-09 183959.png

Hey, now there's a new APT software

Now the firmware program is built-in. If you are connected to the Internet, you can update to the latest version and apply presets as DAT files.

The bluetooth app worked too I bought the 72420 first and I'm going to buy the 80550
Hola amigo recientemente compre un controlador apt72400 y dado mi posición geográfica me es muy difícil conseguir el software porque vivo en cuba que posibilidades hay de usted me comparta el software por aki por o por privado si es posible para ver si puedo configurar mi controlador saludos y gracias de antemano

bingbwy said:
Hey guys, Bluetooth APP is now supported for APT too.

I recently bought a 72420 newer controller from a 72400

O1CN01wLOGmo1hjrJNvLKMb_!!0-rate.jpg

Bro, share this app with us! Does it need registration?? Does it works with 72400??

Hello guys, please can someone explain what exactly is each of those check boxes?

Attachments

• IMG_20230117_174047_804.jpg
    IMG_20230117_174047_804.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 115
Oclipper said:
those check boxes
take override wires that switch direction or mode and etc

Im also interested in new software. officials say that only distributors can distribute it

hi guys i have a problem with my apt 96600 i try to coneccte the driver to Eve manager but the apt never conect with the computer1676571642877.png
And the eve manger never pass to offline
1676571701603.png
The apt is on and it have the led redand green on, i try to use different version of ev manager but anything of it work

I haven't found a good explanation of how the mode settings work and was wondering if someone can share the basics. I have a 72400 if that matters, but would suspect they are generally the same.

My questions (please help make them fact)
- Mode 0 is when there is no throttle / no current draw?
- Mode 1-4 are selected by either RPM or Current draw? I see two settings in the "Mode Setting" screen of drive manager however not sure how the mode is selected.
- Mode 5 can only ever be triggered by an APT controller with a boost input? My 72400 doesnt seem to have that correct?
- When is ECO mode ever used? How does that get triggered?
- States: "Startup" -> No motor connected, "Idle" -> Motor connected but no draw?
- In my controller the "Basic" settings Max IaC pk is 150 however, mode 5 shows 180... Does boost ignore the Max IaC pk or does that override regardless of mode settings?
- What is motor lock?

Hola amigo pudistes conseguir esa version del.software de ser asi como podria yo descargarlo o de que manera lo puedo obtener dado ke te go un controlador apt72400 y no tengo manera de configurar nada dado ke el ev manager viejo no me sirve saludos espero me puedas alludar
Hola amigo, dado que tu controlador 72400 es una versión anterior, el programa EV manager debería estar disponible. ¿Cuándo lo compraste? Comenzando con el controlador 72420, debe usar el nuevo programa APT.

the firmware can install in a apt96600
Sorry, i have no further informstion about firmware nor more files... so I do not recommend to update your controller. My controller is updated with that firmware file and it matches with EV Drive 3.0.3

Ev Drive 2.0.7 works but informations on text boxes are messed up.

Also there is Bluetooth App for APT controllers in WeChat. You can use hc05 module and connect 5v pin to throttle positive

Hi friends, i have an APT96600, anyone knows how to change the speed mode ? Which are the correct wirings?

gentlemen, Im discombobulating in Windows, how to register the MSCOMM32.OCX component?

Google says:
Might vary depending on your windows version.

Missing file: MSComm32.ocx​

Good Morning, I have a Lenovo Yoga 3 with Windows 10. A while ago the computer was extremly slow and I had to do a recovery operation. I used the option where all my personal files was saved. After the recovery I was unable to run one of my programs (Logger32). The computer said: File MSComm32.ocx is missing. After many attemps I deleted the program and downloaded a new copy of the program. Download works fine and I can extract the program but when I run the exe. for installing it stops. Now it says "error ". I run it as Admin and I have set the UAC to minimum. As I understand the file: MSComm32.ocx is necessary for running my program. Is there any way to restore this file in all places it is needed or what to do?

This thread is locked. You can follow the question or vote as helpful, but you cannot reply to this thread.

Replies (4) 

Zackary Vanosdol

Hello you can try to register it via this method:

Click the Start button.
Type "command" in the search box > right click > run as administrator

Type: regsvr32 /u MSCOMM32.OCX.

(you may get an error here... that means this wont work any further)

Hit ENTER. This will UN-REGISTER your file.

Type: regsvr32 /i MSCOMM32.OCX.

Hit enter. This will re-register your file.

Close the command prompt window.

Re-start the program associated with MSCOMM32.OCX error
Patience is a virtue
can not find any file MSComm32.ocx, it seems that it is missing in the computer I need to know if it possible to download some kind of repairing and new MSComm32.ocx files?

13 people found this reply helpful
·
Was this reply helpful?

Zackary Vanosdol

Yes you can download a file for it. MSCOMM32.OCX : Free .OCX download. Its a trusted site.

Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Patience is a virtue

Last edited:
Could be anybody so kind and map pins for serial connector (GX16-10 to RS232). I lost my and i can't find it.

I got it working, no issues at all and it's providing good efficiency. Now I want to set the field weakening so I am chasing advpower for an instruction manual. No success so far.

If any user has one in English or even Chinese then please upload it here :D
Hey there , could you help me with the basic wiring of this 96600
Ok im getting a thermistor fault i i think

Back