Review: Meanwell HRP-600 Series

These Meanwell are some of the top psu we can get.

I am surprized that the 600W outpt require as high as 1000W input :shock: that's only 60% eff!

ON teh RSP serie that i have, it's more like 90% efficiency... I can get 1600W output from a 15A 120V socket

1600/1800= 90% eff

As well it's the 48V model that deliver the best efficiency over all voltage availlable from the RSP serie.

Highest output i got was 1725W DC at the end of charge just before the end of CC stage. It was when i connected it to a public exterior outlet on a gouvernment building 8) i think they have 20A circuit...

The efficiciency is due to the power factor corrector PFC option that correct the phase angle between the input current and voltage due to the inductive load of these smps..

Without that pfc the efficiency drop alot.

I found it really worth paying extra$ for a model that have this option. .. or at least for people that expect to charge at 1000W or above

Doc

Doc; can yours be shunt shaved a little so that it doesn't output 105-120% the rated current for the model?
Also does the fan sound like a jet taking off?

I may order the RSP-1000..

( but i doubt the old wiring of this house will handle what the RSP will dump into my batteries!! )

neptronix said:
Doc; can yours be shunt shaved a little so that it doesn't output 105-120% the rated current for the model?
Also does the fan sound like a jet taking off?

I may order the RSP-1000..

No, no shunt was modded on any of my RSP 750, RSP 1000 or RSP1500.

On the RSP 1000 i get 1250Wout continuous and on the 1500 i get 1650Wout continuous average

The dual fan on the 1000 are a little more higher pitch noice due to their size.. but believe me... it's pure fun hearing them indicating that BIG JUICE is going into the battery :twisted:

I would say that the fan noise is medium on them.. I ever heard lower noise psu and also higher noise psu...

Apparently meanwell have a model of 2000W the same size as the 1000W !! :shock: :shock:

The actual 1000W i have is 50% more power per cu inch than the 1500W. The 1000W is half size ( 1U) of the the 1500W ( 2U)

Doc

I did not know that they ever sold a 750W version - that would be perfect. Are you interested in selling yours? ;)

neptronix said:
I did not know that they ever sold a 750W version - that would be perfect. Are you interested in selling yours? ;)

Well what have you for trade or offer? :)

Doc

Back