Silent 50,4v 14s charger

hansomat

1 µW
hi there,

I want to charge my 50,4V, 14s battery in the office. My current chargers fan is somewhat noisy in an office environment. to date, I have not yet found a suitable charger withour a fan. It would be ok even if the charging was a bit slower. Then I also thought about housing the charger in a box, but then again, I'd have to get rid of the heat. Your tips are much appreciated. Best, andi

fans don't have to be noisy, what tends to increase the volume is the rpm, a larger fan like the ones on atx psu units spin slower but sufficient air. so you could fashion a box with ducts to channel the air use larger heatsinks too. That way you may be able to modify a noisy charger to a quiet one.

I like the bst-900 dcdc, and even the analog counterparts for cccv charging, but then you would need a silent acdc psu like an old server psu without a fan too. (these definitely exist but you will need to put large heatsinks on those too, as previously the would be inside cases which had fans pushing air through them)

hope that helps

Hi, I've used one of these for a couple of years with no problems. No Fan, max 5 amp output, but can be paralleled if needed. Available on eBay and other sites.
http://www.gophertc.com/en/cps-6005-0-60v-0-5a-switched-mode-dc-power-supply

i have both gophert and the HLG series. they are both very good and no failure to date.

The gophert is slightly bigger but very good to adjust on the go

Meanwell HLG is fanless, IP65 rated (A- version which can be V & A modified), high efficiency, full potted with aluminium enclosure.
5 years warranty.
Absolutely silent.

http://ebikes.ca/satiator
satiator-details.png

Although the satiator is the best solution here,, there is another. Turn down the wattage on an adjustable charger, and then drill some small vent holes in the top of the metal box. Then unplug the fan Air will enter the old fan vent holes on the ends, and vent out the top by convection.

Should be ok if you tweak the amps down to about 3 amps, 150w.

Back