started e-bike project, made mistakes, now a lil' lost

diplomatically said:
AWD said:
Cassette.

So can I simply buy a 8 speed freewheel to make things easier?

Refer back to Dogman's previous post.

I simply put a 7 speed DNP on mine. It had either an 8 or 9 speed cassette. I forget. So the index shifting isn't perfect. But since I grew up on friction shifters, I don't find less than perfect index shifting to be much of a bother. If it did bother me, I'd replace my shifter with a 7 speed or I suppose I could try to fit an 8 speed freewheel on there. But I don't even need all 7 gears that I have since I have the hub motor. So I'd probably change out the shifter.

diplomatically said:
AWD said:
Cassette.

Yes. Just thread it onto the motor. It will self tighten, just take care to not put a ton of force on the pedals your first few pedal strokes. Getting it off if ever needed will require the correct freewheel removal tool and a chain whip.

AWD said:
diplomatically said:
AWD said:
Cassette.

Yes. Just thread it onto the motor. It will self tighten, just take care to not put a ton of force on the pedals your first few pedal strokes. Getting it off if ever needed will require the correct freewheel removal tool and a chain whip.

Thanks, I'll go this route (since my bike mechanic skills are noobish at the moment).

diplomatically said:
AWD said:
diplomatically said:
AWD said:
Cassette.

Thanks, I'll go this route (since my bike mechanic skills are noobish at the moment).

Spread a little grease on the threads before installing too. It will aid in removal at a later date.

Back