Thanks to Chris at Lectric Cycles

Green Machine said:
Dude Luna Cycle designed that wrench and made it here in california and made it affordable. How do you manage to spin that into a bad thing? Are you a professional spinner doctor whatever? Because this entire thread you have been deceptive.

That "lectric" kit your showing is bafangs tool kit designed and made by bafang and every bafang dealer can buy it directly from bafang.

Lecttric does not offer that tool kit for free and i dont know why you are making stuff up. Show me anywhere on their website where they are they giving it away.

They are selling it for $135 http://www.lectriccycles.com/dealer-tool-kit-for-e-rad-mid-drive/

THE SAME KIT luna has been selling for $60 for the last year. http://lunacycle.com/bafang-mid-drive-installation-tool-kit/

So suddenly lectric is giving shit away for free. Thats great. THey should include it in their adds if it is true.

They would probably have to answer why they been charging 135 for something they are now giving away for free.

Like you got that color screen that luna has had in stock for the last 3 months and Lectric still hasnt gotten it...but you somehow got thrown in for your kit for free. How come lectrric doesnt include that and the bafang tool kit in their product adds?

Lunas Tool Kit made by Luna in usa Is 20 bucks from stainless steel.

Lectric cycles tool kit made by bafang in china steel is $135 ( Luna sells for 60)

The Luna Cycle wrench work just as good.... and it cost 1/7 as much.

What other comparisons you want to make?

Hey but thanks to this thread Lectric dropped their price by 400 bucks on their bbs02 Giant BIke and now Luna is selling complete bikes.... is a beautiful place and all thats a beautiful thing :)

LOL I'm terribly "Puzzled" is this topic reply or just an Ad for Luna cycle.

I only have a few things to comment on:

1) Luna didn't then nor now have any Turn Key bikes to offer when I bought my bike.

2) For "Four"(4) days- Luna never answered the phone or even bothered to empty its full mail box.

3) No one has bothered to call Lectric or they would know know their turn key bikes are the same price or less than the competition.

4) I never asked for the tool kit - it was included for free with my bike, if the tool kit is $135, than It just made my deal more cost effective. In addition, they upgraded my display and included a kick stand all at no cost.

5) You keep comparing prices of motor kits and which has nothing to do with this thread. This is about "Turn Key Bikes" which unlike Lectric who stocks 10-12 bikes, Luna has none, Lectric was up on their game and realized there was a viable market long ago and their competition is now just realizing it.

Bottom line - I'm happy with my bike and motor - Lectric Cycle acted responsible, answered the phone when I called, and now it clear to see I paid within a hundred dollars or so than if i bought the parts from Luna and bought the bike elsewhere. If Luna would have bothered to answer your phone - this overview would have been on their product instead of Lectric's.

Now that the attempt to turn this thread to a sales ad has failed - I would really like to "Re-focus" on the topic of "Turn Key" Bikes?

Regards - Mike

I don't want to have to call a dealer to get a decent price. If they are really doing business on the web they should put their real pricing there. I'm sure many others feel the same way.

The deal the original poster got on this bike is far better than the website shows. It doesn't make much sense to talk about a super one-off deal if no one else can get that same deal.

Lectric Cycle web prices are quite high. Based on their web pricing I would never bother to call them. They don't even offer the BBSHD on this bike, according to their website. They don't offer any 52V batteries. They don't state the peak and continuous current capacity of their batteries. They don't offer any display options for this bike. According to their website the gear shifting sensor is not included in this bike (they fail to mention it at all). They don't mention brake disconnects being included either. Nor any tools being included.

The factory installation tools are nice, but impractical to carry and use in the field. They are designed for a shop doing lots of installations. The Luna tool is light and can be carried if desired, and is certainly adequate. The sockets require removal of the crank arm, the Luna wrench only requires removing a pedal to be used. If a drive comes loose in the field, it needs to be tightened ASAP or risk damage. I'd like to have both, but most customers can get by with just the Luna wrench at 6x less cost.

IdleUp said:
LOL I'm terribly "Puzzled" is this topic reply or just an Ad for Luna cycle.

I only have a few things to comment on:

1) Luna didn't then nor now have any Turn Key bikes to offer when I bought my bike.

2) For "Four"(4) days- Luna never answered the phone or even bothered to empty its full mail box.

3) No one has bothered to call Lectric or they would know know their turn key bikes are the same price or less than the competition.

4) I never asked for the tool kit - it was included for free with my bike, if the tool kit is $135, than It just made my deal more cost effective. In addition, they upgraded my display and included a kick stand all at no cost.

5) You keep comparing prices of motor kits and which has nothing to do with this thread. This is about "Turn Key Bikes" which unlike Lectric who stocks 10-12 bikes, Luna has none, Lectric was up on their game and realized there was a viable market long ago and their competition is now just realizing it.

Bottom line - I'm happy with my bike and motor - Lectric Cycle acted responsible, answered the phone when I called, and now it clear to see I paid within a hundred dollars or so than if i bought the parts from Luna and bought the bike elsewhere. If Luna would have bothered to answer your phone - this overview would have been on their product instead of Lectric's.

Now that the attempt to turn this thread to a sales ad has failed - I would really like to "Re-focus" on the topic of "Turn Key" Bikes?

Regards - Mike

Look you come here like some swinging dick expert and claim all the virtues of one vendor and slam another.

Had you simply done you rant on how happy you were with Lectric you would have sounded like a shill but all would have been well with the world.

Instead you come up with your fuzzy math and claim Luna never called you back. Since you were shopping for a prebuilt bike and you apparently have no build skills you were calling for a product they don't, or didn't at that time supply.

I'm glad someone at Lectric has "hours" of time to waste on a single customer and a low margin sale. everyone els is to busy for that nonsense.
And shame on you for taking that much of their time.

Now as to your fuzzy math and confusion. There is no way you bought a complete bike from Lectric at the posted prices for less than I can build with parts from other vendors. I've now built well over a dozen and supported scores of builds. I've purchased from nearly every supplier. I know them all. I still have much to learn. So when someone who has never built bike one comes at me with these sorts of distortions I get a little miffed.

That $135 tool is actually a $35 tool. Thats the Lectric markup. Like the $75 Dolphin base. That's marked up from $15. I'm happy your happy.
Lectric made a sale. You didn't learn a thing by building a bike from a kit. Just a whiny customer now making a complete ass of himself shilling for Lectric and besmirching another sellers reputation.

I can build the same bike from several other sources for less than you paid. You have an old, thats right the motor has been redesigned, version of the BBS02 that has a newly machined hardened steel shaft, JUST LIKE THE ORIGINAL BUT LONGER. That was all that was available until the BBSHD came out. Essentially making the converted BBS02's obsolete. Then a couple of months ago Bafang completely redid the BBS02 base that your's was built on. Those are the facts. You have a nice motor on a nice bike.

All of us here that know the BBS02 and the 100MM conversion, know better than you, apparently, as to what you have. It's a great design and the work was taken from the 100mm conversion build that Doug Snyder at California eBikes designed and built.

Just keep on blathering about your great deal and your custom made motor and we can all get a few more laughs. I'd laugh harder but it now getting to the point of pathetic. I actually feel sorry for you. Go ride and enjoy your great deal. Quit making an ass out of yourself.

Hey Tom,

Thanks for the short "Business Education" but you're selling it to the wrong guy - I've got a few years and a few miles on you when it comes to manufacturing, distributors and dealers and end user when marketing products from China.

Like I just said, I could care less who sells what for less, or in fact where anyone buys their product. We're all big boys and we can all make our own decisions without your marketing tips.

Alan, Regarding your comments about not wanting to call a dealer to get a price is a weakness, this thinking is every car salesman dream!

Again - I would really like to "Re-focus" on the topic of "Turn Key" Bikes - Thanks!

idleup, a little advice from mark twain, its better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt. something you might want to try. good day and good luck. :roll:

slacker said:
idleup, a little advice from mark twain, its better to remain silent and thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt. something you might want to try. good day and good luck. :roll:

Thanks!!

Ok been shooting some video with my girlfriend on my Giant and she liked the mid drive so much she's now ready to sell her Pedego 500 watt bike.

She wants a Fatty with a 1KW mid drive with a rock shox Bluto fork and a body float seat, what Bike would be a good mid-priced choice?

Thanks

Been hearing a lot about these Foe's full suspension fat Bikes - looks like these guys got it figured out. Love to have one of these with a 1KW mid drive, my only concern is getting a battery mounted. Any one ride one of these?

Thanks Mike

Frame Size SM-17″, MD-17″, LG-18.5″
HeadTube Angle 67
Seat Tube Angle 70.5
Bottom bracket height 13.25″
Chainstay Length 18″
Toptube Length EFF. 22.25, 23.25, 24.25
Seat post diameter 31.6
Head tube diameter ZS44 top/ EC49 btm
Head tube length 4.12 SM/MD-LG 4.75
Wheel travel 5″-5.5″
BB Width 100mm
Front Der. Type Direct Mount
Rear wheel spacing 12x177mm
Front fork (designed for) 120 mm travel (Bluto)
Shock Dimensions 8.5″ eye-to-eye, 2.5″ stroke
Shock Hardware 6 mm x 22.2mm both ends

foe.jpg

I think of all the new MTBs with this style front down tube as Moo Bikes: if you mounted a BBSxx it would hang down like an udder! :D For some reason having a curved front tube meet the bottom bracket horizontally is the new fad, which would be fine if only the suspension linkage would permit mounting the drive inside the triangle.

If the major bike manufacturers wanted to design a frame that boosted sales of their own ebikes by being a poor candidate for Bafeng conversion and thus eliminating one source of competition, this would be it. Maybe that's why it is so wide spread? It also makes it easy to put a Bosch-type motor into an existing design at the OEM level.

IdleUp said:
Ok been shooting some video with my girlfriend on my Giant and she liked the mid drive so much she's now ready to sell her Pedego 500 watt bike.

She wants a Fatty with a 1KW mid drive with a rock shox Bluto fork and a body float seat, what Bike would be a good mid-priced choice?

Thanks
Bikes Direct has several at various price points...... You will have to install the suspension seat yourself.

Karl @ electricbike-blog has converted several Bikes Direct fat bikes with BBHSD. More reading than you'll ever want.

2old said:
Karl @ electricbike-blog has converted several Bikes Direct fat bikes with BBHSD. More reading than you'll ever want.

Thanks to all for the reply's guys would you have a link for Karl's blog.

Regards!

Hey guys,

Got a question regarding sprockets for when I order my fatty, we have some serious hills here in North Georgia, my bike has a 44 tooth sprocket coupled to a Shimano 9-speed box in the rear. My question is; what advantage would it be to go to a smaller sprocket with an electric assist drive. While I can understand a motor-less rider wanting a smaller sprocket for a lower ranged gear set, I would think that going with a smaller sprocket would be a disadvantage since in low gear, it already feels like the chain fell off its so easy to pedal and secondly, I would lose my road gear for high speed cruising.

While on the subject of sprockets, I just noticed that my E-rad motor install includes a “Lekkie” custom sprocket. I just assumed it was part of the Bafang stock parts, but after doing a little research online, I found out that the Lekkie is an an custom manufactured sprocket made of T6 7075 which sells for around $90. Since I never ordered a custom sprocket on my bike, I assume e-Rad include it on their Turn Key bikes.

The place where we ride which is a National Park access road is about 4 miles from the house so I like having the speed to get there without loading the bike in the truck. I’m finding that when pedaling in 1st or 2nd with the power on, I can barely keep the wheel from spinning, I can’t imagine what advantage a lower ratio would be on a 750-1000 watt powered bike but then I’m not a professional rider either. (Are there professional events for electrics)

Thanks - Mike

spk.jpg

The Lekkie is a nice chainring.

With my BBSHD I find that 42T is adequately low gearing. Fatbikes, especially in sand or snow may benefit from lower gearing. Fat tires take a lot more energy to pedal.

Smaller chainrings may also have less offset which will result in a less ideal chainline. Something to look into.

Alan thank for the reply - when you're going through like sand did you happen to notice what your average speed is amps and what gear you're using. I guess what I'm saying do you get into 1 or 2nd gear much?

Thanks

I haven't done enough to get readings, and my tires aren't that fat so I don't have data, sorry. I have ridden hubmotor fat tire bikes on the street and pedaling them takes a lot of effort, I'm sure sand and snow would be worse, but I don't have numbers. My 3" moped tires are also hard to pedal, worse than bike tires for sure, very thick rubber and 40 psi.

I would go with 42 to start with, in absence of better data. But someone should know, ask Karl, or look at the chainrings he runs.

So as If it wasn't clear enough this thread was a poor attempt at advertisement,

It seems Mike Mas was working a promotional video for Erad featuring the Erad Giant Stance.

All the time Erad he was saying Erad got him a great deal on the bike, he was getting a great deal on some drone work....or maybe one of those trades.

Of course according to e-rad, mike, a professional drone piliot with a company that does video work, did this video purely out of his love for the giant bike....no shame.

Embarrassing video as well:

[youtube]e9FEjYiUWyY[/youtube]

Green Machine said:
So as If it wasn't clear enough this thread was a poor attempt at advertisement,

It seems Mike Mas was working a promotional video for Erad featuring the Erad Giant Stance.

All the time Erad he was saying Erad got him a great deal on the bike, he was getting a great deal on some drone work....or maybe one of those trades.

Of course e-rad and mike, a professional drone piliot i guess, did this video purely out of his love for his bike....no shame.

Embarrassing video as well:

[youtube]e9FEjYiUWyY[/youtube]

LOL Green Machine - you should work in motion picture business dude because you have a great imagination!

This is video was done strictly for fun there is not one penny exchanged for even a valve stem cap regarding promotion. E-rad didn't have a clue this was even coming!

Why can't you just grasp that people do what they do. Its just a fun video, do you see any phone numbers or links or prices.

Enjoy- Mike Mas

WoodlandHills said:
I think of all the new MTBs with this style front down tube as Moo Bikes: if you mounted a BBSxx it would hang down like an udder! :D For some reason having a curved front tube meet the bottom bracket horizontally is the new fad, which would be fine if only the suspension linkage would permit mounting the drive inside the triangle.

If the major bike manufacturers wanted to design a frame that boosted sales of their own ebikes by being a poor candidate for Bafeng conversion and thus eliminating one source of competition, this would be it. Maybe that's why it is so wide spread? It also makes it easy to put a Bosch-type motor into an existing design at the OEM level.

The theory is the S shaped downtube gives you a stiffer bottom bracket at the bottom and clearance for long travel forks at the top. It is also a way to make room for a water bottle cage although I think the Mutz doesn't have one. The Mutz is a very nice monster truck bike, I've seen a couple but have not had the chance to ride one.

Back