The big Lebowski controller

The controller can do sensored but for the specific application (DD hubmotor) I don't see the point
of sensored. I did not solder in the extra components necessary for sensored and did not connect the wiring.
If used, sensored will only be used to start the motor, once over several 100 e-rpm it will transide to
sensorless anyway as sensorless is the only way to have automatic timing compensation (necessary
because of the motor inductance)

Nieles has used the controller IC for I think it is a 6754 (or something like that), an RC motor...

also, see:
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=34231&start=45#p510455
http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=34231&start=60#p510516

Please Sir, when's kit available Sir
Grovel, Grovel.

If its not running 15kW+ all day.
Is it necessary to have an extensive elaborate air cooling system, could the set up just be snap frozen and bring temp down for the 30 secs you smash it for.
In super simplified form blow this gear through a lesser set up, obviously there would have to be an actuator and controlled via say throttle & stat.

20120818_092508.jpg :lol:
After burner if the propellant is hydrocarbon :evil: Flame look wicked in a drag.
Also might help to draw through coolant.

Heard Fets love to be frozen is it true?

Lebowski said:
Nieles has used the controller IC for I think it is a 6754 (or something like that), an RC motor...

yes i have tried the motor with 2 different rc brushless motors. the turnigy 6374 and the colossus 7kw motor (80100 equivalent) but not have not got it running succesfuly.

the colossus motor i only tried on the bench, so a little no-load testing and i put some load on it with my hands (until the friction heat became uncomfortable) this went great.

i tested the turnigy 6374 motor on my scooter. i have not gotten a working setup for this. but the biggest problem i am having right now is getting a reliable power stage working. (not using the pcb form Lebowski)

nieles said:
Lebowski said:

yes i have tried the motor with 2 different rc brushless motors. the turnigy 6374 and the colossus 7kw motor (80100 equivalent) but not have not got it running succesfuly.

the colossus motor i only tried on the bench, so a little no-load testing and i put some load on it with my hands (until the friction heat became uncomfortable) this went great.

i tested the turnigy 6374 motor on my scooter. i have not gotten a working setup for this. but the biggest problem i am having right now is getting a reliable power stage working. (not using the pcb form Lebowski)

I have it working (of course :mrgreen: ) on my bike, did 500 km so far...

rolf_w said:
Lebowski said:

Eager to orderthe bare board , populate and test it!
I wonder how you make contact between the phase cables and the legs of the current sensors - none of the fotos show this detail, r

The phase cables are very fine litze type wire. I bent it tighly before tinning it. Tin has the property to creep into the litze,
making the bent shape permanent. Then I cut it to size and attached the wire to a small 3 mm bolt with two tie-wraps. Then
I pre-tinned the current sensors, placed them on the PCB, heated it all up to let the solder flow and I was done :D
View attachment 1
DSC00850.jpg

Cool man. Some very clean work.

The fingers said:
Looks like 3 ???s to me. That's what I'm thinking. :?
:?: The Riddler :?:

I wasn't going to say it, but now that you've asked...
~KF

Re: The big Lebowski controller

Wow. Your sure a lot smarter then you look.

7circle said:
Any updates or progress?

Would like to jump on board too..
Not on this particular implementation of my controller, but there is a thread now about building a Lebowski controller (with PCB etc etc):

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=57877

Back