Turnigy HXT Powered Custom Cruiser Worklog

hey ,all ya guys need to scroll back and take a look at the drawing on the first page, and then compare it to the last picture of bicycle :) Kim ,you ve outdone yourself , once again ; real nice. The point is : Dont draw two much ,make a sketch - think about it and just do it :):):) , sounds like a NIKE commercial . But really , i ended up having more than more than 300 pages of sketches :)

whats this no updates today in kims monster garage :shock:

i hope you havnt been cuddling those frock controllers too much :lol: looking fancy all painted up mate good work. Those LVC/HVC boards of garys look interesting. Am I correct in thinking its not really cell level monitoring though as it seems to gang parralell cells together in 4p bundles? i spose this is definitly better than just lvc on controller and a million times better than nothing.

rodger

rodgah said:
whats this no updates today in kims monster garage :shock:

Nagh nothing exciting buddy soz, i did get the 2 lipo packs turn up though so i did put together a small pack to use for the time being.

44v_15ah_pics.jpg

Shall do till i get the new boards from Mr Goodrum
44v 15ah will be fine ...for now...

KiM

dequinox said:
Hey AJ looks freaking fantastic!!! Its only missing one little thing and I'm sure you can take care of that mate!

I made ya a little preview...

AJsgirl.jpg

Congratulations, you are one hell of a fabricator my friend!

dequinox that is the best photochop EVER .

oh nice bike by the way aj
:p

:shock: :shock: :shock:

that is truly stunning, the bird is none too shabby either :mrgreen:
Kim, your build and skillz are a major influence in my recent decision to buy myself a bench,vice and piller drill - the stuff that comes out of your garage is just awesome.
Expect some rough, nasty, jagged pieces of scrap to emerge from my garage as final homage to your home build masterpiece.
i think that this is the only thread that i can't keep pace with too :oops: but im always gawping at the daily shots and work you manage over brekkie, more power to your arm mate!!!

D

AussieJester said:
...44v 15ah will be fine ...for now...
KiM

I'll almost be embarrassed to race against a bike that isn't even carrying a lethal voltage. That will be like racing one of the Aussie cars that run on water instead of gas. I guess after Mel Gibson left all the manly Mad Max type transportation left too.

I just finished fixing both of my Methods 100a100v controllers, so your ass is definitely grass. I'm even going to whip up a 1 week build dual suspension to replace my long and low hardtail. It will definitely have duct tape instead of that bogus shrink wrap crap, but none of it will be visible. :mrgreen:

John

John in CR said:
AussieJester said:
...44v 15ah will be fine ...for now...
KiM

I'll almost be embarrassed to race against a bike that isn't even carrying a lethal voltage. That will be like racing one of the Aussie cars that run on water instead of gas. I guess after Mel Gibson left all the manly Mad Max type transportation left too.

I just finished fixing both of my Methods 100a100v controllers, so your ass is definitely grass. I'm even going to whip up a 1 week build dual suspension to replace my long and low hardtail. It will definitely have duct tape instead of that bogus shrink wrap crap, but none of it will be visible. :mrgreen:

John

John i dunno about water powered cars but we do have piss power.

funny-pics-car-fridge.jpg

mel gibson is hardly australian....born in usa not aussie, we dont refer to him as one, unlike so many other douches that we do refer to but we shouldnt. We australians are famous for our non famous people.....apparently we have ability to rub sand in everyones international vaginas hey KIM :lol: :lol: :lol: but we can also make fun of ourselves...........
crackatinni.jpg

......aussy crop circle :wink:

by the way......VB is Victoria Bitter, better known as virgin buster/vomit bomb/vaginal backwash / and my favourite violent bogan. Kim may have a difference of opinion but on my side of aussy, if your near broke, need to get f'd up quickly, love hangovers, and want to end up in the emergency department, then VB is your only option. Might go tackle a carton now.....by the way Kim, your WA employment agencies can go F themselves, geez they are hard to deal with

Ah the famous crackatinnie tribe!
They're about as prevalent here as indians wearing skinned wolves on their heads are the US :lol:

John in CR said:
I'll almost be embarrassed to race against a bike that isn't even carrying a lethal voltage. That will be like racing one of the Aussie cars that run on water instead of gas
Yeah save yourself the calories of throwing your leg over the bike, even my little frockie would give him a run for his money in it's current config. Hey Kim ? :mrgreen:

enoob said:
dequinox that is the best photochop EVER .
oh nice bike by the way aj
:p

Lol I was hoping it would put a smile on AJs face :lol:

HA HA HA HA... vaginal backwash... I'll have to remember that one!

BTW AJ thats a 15ah pack? Its freakin TINY! Damn I might just have to whip me up some lipo instead of going with the lifepo4!

ROFLMAO @ Crackatinnie tribe, gold... :mrgreen:

Good ol VB ... have had many a hangover because of it... :wink:

I wonder if 66v 10ah would be enough for me, seeing my biggest trip is under 12km...

dequinox said:
BTW AJ thats a 15ah pack? Its freakin TINY!

Yeah tiz, here's a couple measurements and weight for you

battery_weight.jpg

Back soon...

KiM

missed this in my previous post soz rodgah...

rodgah said:
We australians are famous for our non famous people.....apparently we have ability to rub sand in everyones international vaginas hey KIM :lol: :lol: :lol: but we can also make fun of ourselves...........
:wink:

I think it should be an Olympic event rodgah, at the very least proffesionalised so
we can make a quid from it ... :mrgreen:

HAL9000v2.0 said:
WHAT? Blue? I expexted at least glitering pink with Hello Pussy stickers... :lol: :lol: :lol:
... I must reinstal photoshop... :evil:

HAHAHA..nagh Hal, your getting me confused with Hyena, hes all about the
gay finishes, my little pony and Barbie stickers are his thing, i'm more
into the mirror finish paint and chrome buddy, guess i'm not as 'intouch' with my
feminine side as ol' Hyena.....thank frock... :mrgreen:

KiM

AussieJester said:
I wonder if 66v 10ah would be enough for me, seeing my biggest trip is under 12km...

The range is going to be roughly the same. 15Ah x 44V = 660Wh. 10Ah x 66V = 660Wh. Depending on efficiencies, you could actually get a bit more range with the higher voltage. For the same watts, the higher voltage setup will use less current, so less wasted heat. Heat losses rise as a square of of the current.

Anyway, the sooner you can get to 66V, the better. :)

I finally got the LVC?HVC/parallel adapter, the charge controller and the Battery Medic booster ready-to-go. I'll be finishing up your set tomorrow. :)

-- Gary

GGoodrum said:
AussieJester said:

The range is going to be roughly the same. 15Ah x 44V = 660Wh. 10Ah x 66V = 660Wh. Depending on efficiencies, you could actually get a bit more range with the higher voltage. For the same watts, the higher voltage setup will use less current, so less wasted heat. Heat losses rise as a square of of the current.

Well thats the way ill go then Mr Goodrum! I can easily fit 8 packs and an infineon! ...soon as i can get me another Turnigy
i am set then ... Have asked TMaster to beef up the next infineon for me waiting to hear back on that, he has done
a superb job on his own 12fet controller
seeing i destroyed mine trying i thinkz it best i leave it to someone
that knowz what they is doing LoL ... hrmz...how about 88v 10ah Gary :mrgreen:

GGoodrum said:
I finally got the LVC?HVC/parallel adapter, the charge controller and the Battery Medic booster ready-to-go. I'll be finishing up your set tomorrow. :)

Fantastic! lemme know the damage and ill paypal the dollars immediately Gary!

I have made a lil connector to replace the one you sent me too Gary, i didn't do a bad job either if i do say so myself
shall upload pics when lads have left..

KiM

AussieJester said:
...soon as i can get me another Turnigy i am set then ... seeing i destroyed mine
Hang on when did that happen ?? What did you do ?

When you said another turnigy I wasnt sure if you meant another motor or more lipo packs (for the ones that died).
OK I re-read your post, nice and slow, WA style :p did you kill your new infineon as well ?? I can't see mention of that in the last few pages...

Here's the pics of the parallel thing-a-ma-jig doodalacky connector
i made today to replace the one Gary made for me, I was a lil bored
it was ~20c outside too cold for me to venture out seeing i needed
shorter wires and was intrigued how Gary made the original dodalacky
parallel thing-a-ma-jig i thought i would have a go, this is how i did it AND
it works (I know Methy doesn't read this worklog its not in the frock motor or battery section
but for the record...there were no KFF involved...again :mrgreen:
)

New_dooda_connector.jpg

Simple jig to hold the bullet connectors, drilled the pcb board and MDF to ensure all lined up...
Piled on the solder (enough?) Either way it is a interim solution, I'll organise
a replacement Infineon and Turnigy when possible and play with halls/66v
All i am waiting for now though is a single scooter wheel for the
stabilisers and the bikes ready to go i have everything else installed,
will i beat Mr Recumpence SiR in first ride vids though :D

Back soon..

KiM

p.s so uhm Hyena... got pics of you charging at 50v while checking the balance of the cells at same time?
bet you aint got 6 dead Turnigys either right ... <--yeah got it in before you could.. :mrgreen:

Oh NO!, so you killed a infineon controller?
I read this thread regularly but don't remember you mentioning that either?

Gregory said:
Oh NO!, so you killed a infineon controller?
I read this thread regularly but don't remember you mentioning that either?

I assumed after comments by "those in the know" i left the infineon in a state that it wouldnt be reliable
after my soldering efforts on the shunt, i can't use something that is questionable
it must be as close to fail safe as possible any break down I have whether
1km or 20km fom home is going to be a MAJOR problem. If i have 'no current' limiting
on my infineon now theres nothing stopping me blowing it up is there, i see this as non usable.

KiM

Wait one MF'g second. I see some tape on those batteries. It ain't the good stuff, but it's still tape. You gotta admit that duct tape is the right tool for that job. Even if you want to stretch electrical tape for compression pressure first, you need duct tape to make sure it stays on. Too bad duct tape doesn't come in assorted colors like electrical tape now does. Actually that's a damn good idea. Can you imagine how much more duct tape us duct tape addicts would use if it came in purdy colors, and how many new addicts it would create.

AJ, be careful with that electrical tape. That's how many of us started, before we graduated to duct tape. :mrgreen:

I'll give ya $50 for it then :mrgreen:

Have you powered it up yet ? Seriously not all is lost, its a relatively easy fix. As long as your soldering on the traces is precise (ie you haven't shorted blobs across the different fet leads) If you're not up to it you can send it to me and I'll repair it and program it to a current limit that suits you. i had mine up to 125 A the other day but backed it off a bit.

John, funny you should say that, I bought some blue duct tape just a few days ago to use on my blue bike. It's not an exact colour match but on a moving bike it's not going to stick out like dogs balls.

Back