ULTRA SPEEDY BIKE ASSY, bottom of PAGE FOUR

Reid Welch

1 MW
RETITLE of an existing thread. The fun soon begins on the following pages.
But, below, is how this story started: old text:

It was like this:

so, she hit me. The damage seemed to be mostly to the rear wheel.
That was a couple of weeks ago. The bike is now replaced: Coral Way Bike Shop
gave me the replacement at virtual cost.
They are so good to me when I need help like this,
or any time: they go the extra mile, like good LBSs do as a matter of making repeat customers.

They, TREK, must be conservative, for legal reasons, I suppose, because one never knows if a taco'd wheel,
which also was a teriffic side impact of the rear frame
at the axle nut :cry: enough to put the frame of the original Lime out of line.
Warranty voided. Cheaper to buy a new bike, esp. considering the shop's "give it at cost" treatment to myself.

That was nice of them at Coral Way Bike Shop, losing money over me, to help make up for HER reckless driving and Police failure
to even issue a traffic accident report: "You just got skeeered and faw'd down".

I got the bike in the box, sealed, as requested, $ 400 for the Lime Lite. It is minor work, but several hours for a newbie to put together
and adjust.

You can see how a new bike is packed
in pictures to come.
I really like the LIME for this light, pleasure riding it is to be used for.
I like the "gadget" aspect of it, and I like that it's so super simple and clean looking.

WHY replace?I did not think that I had to do so at first;
even the Bike Shop did their best to =see= if it could or should be repaired. NO, but
that was only determined after we ordered and paid for a new rear wheel assembly.

TREK says, not I, and SHE and the Kop did this crime:
overload stress (high-force load)

An overload, or high-stress load, is a single, one-time force that exceeds the strength of the bicycle frame,
fork, or part. As an example, running into an immovable object—even at speeds under 15 miles per hour (20 kph)
—can result in an overload.

After an overload, the frame or part will probably be bent or completely broken (separation of the material).
However, the results of an overload can be more subtle, appearing more like the damage from fatigue.

In addition, with both fatigue stress and overload stress, carbon fiber parts behave differently than do metal parts.

After any high force load, thoroughly inspect all the parts of your bicycle.
High force loads include crashes, but you don't have to crash to put a high force load on your bicycle.

For example, hitting a large hole in the road or a sharp bump such as a railroad track can put large forces on your bicycle.
Even if you perform regular inspections, if you exceed the limit of strength of your bicycle or a given part, it will fail.
The Limited Lifetime warranty offered with your bicycle does not mean that your bicycle cannot break;
it only means the bicycle is subject to the terms of the warranty.

Load and lifespan

The life span of a part varies according to its design, materials, use, and maintenance.
Although lighter frames or parts may, in some cases, have a longer life span than heavier ones,
it should be expected that light weight, high performance bicycles and parts require better care and more frequent inspections.

The manner in which you ride can add stress.

The most significant variable to durability, is the manner in which you ride.
This will determine whether your bicycle and its parts will last your lifetime.
If you ride hard or aggressively, you should replace the bicycle and/or its parts more often
than riders who ride smoothly or cautiously.

There are many variables to this equation: weight, speed, technique, terrain, maintenance,
riding environment (humidity, salinity, temperature, etc.), and the frame or part itself-
so it is impossible to give a precise timetable for replacement.

As a rule, it is better to err on the safe side and replace the bicycle or parts more frequently.
If you aren't sure, ask your dealer.
Replace any part that shows signs of stress.

If any part shows signs of damage or fatigue, replace the part before riding the bicycle.
When replacing a part, always replace the entire structure.
For example, if the fork was impacted, some of the impact was inevitably passed to the frame
—so you should replace the entire frame.

When you replace a frame or a part, don't pass the problem to someone else; destroy it.

Regularly inspect your entire bicycle for signs of stress:
:|

I like the light weight of aluminum, welded, but...for a hard-ridden bike like my e-cruiser,
mild, "hi tensile" steel is just so much more eternal. Same sort of steel as Model T used, nearly.
I am a steel fan, but like the LIME for light duty and for its auto shifting.

THIS REPLACEMENT LIME is identical to the first, in that it, too DOES NOT WORK (shift) out of the box.
TWO things, at least, must be done, or it can't shift up from low gear.
Doubtless, if "2009" models come, the Shimano-factory flaws will be fixed: cable half an inch too long, for instance.

Also to get to the auto shifter motor's vital "N" adjustment, a =mechanical= click and turn back till it locks (simple),
requires: pull off the right crank, GET SPECIAL shop tool "socket to fit the weird "nut" that captures the chain protector.
THEN you can access the Shimano shifter motor, remove its cover and do the two second pre-set,
which must be done to the new bike... I think, because the new cable simply is too long, or it stretches.

No problem that can't be solved. It's a simple bike. Am about to take LIME #2 for a first ride.
NEED that special socket (will have it early next week) before I can access the shifter motor "in the proper way":
not have to cut a hole through it (but probably will, anyway).

Pictures to follow. Kept the first Lime's front wheel because its Hank is already mounted, and the mag and its bearings are perfect;
it's a perfect wheel. Stem is reversed, just as I like, and the pre-existing not-stock ThudBuster,
it is on the bike, as are LIME #1's aftermarket Planet bike lights. Fenders are here: have two sets of P.B. "Freddy Fenders.
SHE or HE will pay for that extra set, and have all the spare LIME parts needed to make a complete killa-cop exercycle.
The man who illegally confabulated a "let's let her go", weights 300 pounds if he weights a stone. He landed on me, instead, like a ton of lies.

Self quote, partial, from page one:

But what a cost in dollars so far, yet to be compensated by the neer' do wells:
well over $1200 out of pocket: and those are DISCOUNTED prices, and do not cover the labour I've put into the thing,
nor the LOSS of the use of the bike NOR the mental torture of waiting, waiting, waiting for overloaded "Internal Affairs Investigation",
to do its job and correct the lying cop (I DO SO ALLEGE AND DEPOSE). SHE is "off the hook"; they would not even give me her name,
nor a "receipt" after the STRIKE DOWN of this cyclist...not a g-d thing, not even a business card. Only one officer of that group, shone:
he took pity on injured me, and gave me and the bent bike a ride home. Some cops are super nice, good people, after all.
KUDOS to Patrolman Clute, an Idaho native,
and young and not ruined by the difficult nature of police work in general.
He was the only policeman there, after the others had done their "work",
who OFFERED (and the others said "no") and gave sickly, trembling, me, a ride home, with the bike,
in the cruiser. He did good. I will never forget his kindness.
I am still waiting, you ne'er do well, foot-dragging, LIARS.
SHE has never even called to inquire about my mental or physical state.

I am not well. I DEMAND, KOPS, that you give me HER first and last name and address NOW, that I may file suit against her,
and against Sargent Officer Giant Mutant Porky Pig, and take them both to the legal cleaners. I am out of patience.
That quote is from page one of this thread. I am a patient man...to a point. That point of patient-reid, has, again been over run-down
by TIME OUT. NO working bike yet. TAG. She struck me down, and admitted so at the time of the accident.

I am ready to SUE her for her car, her house (she says she owns both), and inform her employer, and SUE the Coral Gables Police Department,
and the City of Coral Gables for....malfeasance?

I need a lawyer, and am going to go for the big bucks
IF I don't get two thousand dollars, like right now!

This pause in the day's meditations is brought to you by Reid Welch,
who is calm and patient and wordy and, who NEVER LETS GO OF BAD PEOPLE until they cry "UNCLE REID,
PLEASE FORGIVE US."

Now, it is midnight. My BP is low and I am relaxed and raring to go and finish reid-modding and making LIME2, perfect.
We ride tomorrow, and on Tuesday, I call good Detective Ted at the C.G. Police department, and see, it's not in Ted's hands.
I will ask him politely to show this posting to the Chief of Police of the City of Coral Gables, Florida, at that station,
two blocks only, from where my late daddy was born in year, 1927. My ROOTS are strong. I am determined.
I am DREW PEARSON in the g-d flesh. Now, on with the happy part of this real life, show and share thread.

Time to Re-Lime and relax. But I so much want to forgive and recompense Ernie for all the money he has laid out,
and get a few extra dollars to compensate me for the horrible mental torture that I live with every day: ARE they gonna charge her?
OR are they going to say: inconclusive. no charge. you just fawed down fwum yer bike, scared-y like.
:|

Only ten images can go on our pages, hence, the split.
Pictures tomorrow will show the complete LIME #2.

It's exactly like the much-modded LIME LITE #1,
but without the....taint of miserable crash and the resultant, much worse, illegal corruption of bad police work.

More images and a ride test (video) to come.
I'll get the red digicam fixtured to the rear hub chainstay, to show the snick, snick, snick, eventually.
It's a very neat bike...but I think I've said so much about this fact, before. It is just grand, is what it is.
I much prefer it to the overblown "Giant Suede DX" same-shimano shifting system. The LIME in black
just looks...well, you'll see, even with fenders yet to come; it looks like a guy's bike. :)

_______
addendum, 6AM, Miami time: LIME #2 rides fine. It needed all the mods that I had done to the first bike.
Easier now, now that I know exactly what must be done to make this particular batch of bikes shift, at all:
they can not only shift well, but a quick turn of an adjustment or two, tailors the shift points to exactly your likes.

Gadget heaven and, finally, again, I can exercise lightly and safely, at night. You will see the colors;
no way Miss Sweet Thing can hit me intentionally (?) again, not with flashing neon green valve caps,
front and rear lights, and a blue-flashing "baton" dongle dangling from my sidearm holster (I don't carry a gun, I carry...
a mini-crowbar for protection from come-what-may, like dogs gone wild, and hit-run drivers.

The e-bike will have to wait and wait for me to get back into (ugh) re-wiring the twisted, torn motor wires,
and choose/buy one or two torque arms.
Steel forks with soft cast or forged ends, as the Sunkruiser has,
just don't cut it when and if you hit a curb dead-on at twenty per. Something had to wind-up, and it did. :|

Hello Reid, it is I, your savior... Remember?

Anyway...

I AM SO SORRY TO READ THIS! This is horrible! You poor guy, you have just had bad thing after bad thing happen to you. I have been pretty much stalking you via youtube, watching every video. I know how much time and care you put into your Lime, I could hear the pride in your voice, this is horrible news...

RIP Lime... RIP...

Subfightr said:
Hello Reid, it is I, your savior... Remember?

Anyway...

I AM SO SORRY TO READ THIS! This is horrible! You poor guy, you have just had bad thing after bad thing happen to you. I have been pretty much stalking you via youtube, watching every video. I know how much time and care you put into your Lime, I could hear the pride in your voice, this is horrible news...

RIP Lime... RIP...
You are just "good people" too. Detective Ted at the C.G. police department needs a month to go through the process.
I've done my deposition. He will eventually confront Officer "O", I will call him: the really bad-news cop: "you jes' got nerrrrvis and faw off yer bike;
she did come to a complete stop." A con-fab-u-la-tion, that. White car. New car. Rich little girl.
Evidence of her bumper, incontestable, Officer O, you, you, uh, "accident expert";
you are an accident to your employer, is what you are, and further ruined my shrinking world.
Pain and mental torture, and this:

The Carrot Scraping PROOF:

I'll resize it or make a thumbnail.

PROOFOFIMPACT.jpg

The white, soft bumper scraped along the bike: car moving forward at about three-per,
bike moving left to right at a similar speed. Though the WHEEL took the seeming brunt,
and did, so did the unfortunately-soft, friable, aluminum frame.
And I rolled off the bike, not hit, myself, but rolling off the eight foot wide sidewalk,
into the traffic lane of (fortunately deserted at 4AM) US1.

I did not wear my helmet that night. Stupid me. Lucky...I did not hit my head.
I did learn a lesson: even if we waggle a super-bright flashlight into an (forgive me?) idiot-driver's eyes,
that is no promise whatsover, even though they slow down and see you and "mean" to stop.
Women...drivers...guys do it too, but far less often. Call me a sexist. I also discriminate
between good and bad policemen, as here, etc. and et-ce-terra...firma. So many good folks in Enforcement,
and just a few very bad apples. I would rather be buddies with Clifton the robber (really, I will be),
than be friendly (forgiving of that other cop, Officer X, who brain-damaged me to shake like a leaf;
it comes and goes, those shakes. Darn it all, as Barny Fife would say.
None of this happens in Mayberry!

------
It's all fully annotated now, in case I can't make it to court.
I hope to be an advocate for Clifton.

And, as I repeat now like a mantra:

Citizens, please carry a digicam instead of a gun?

[youtube]lg1-ycOQnNs[/youtube]
I did not choose that still image. Look at her face? I don't know yet the "layout" of the station;
it seems that she was in a back room, and did not witness the horror. But just look at her face
in the still? She's shocked, yes, but what of "Drano"...it was so much worse for him.
HE is the hero of the day, of the week, for the rest of his life; he has to re-live the terror,
of taking and running with the evidence....

Now for the Good Cops and the finish. Limes pale in comparison to this "duty" I must,
I simply must get involved. So, nicobie hates me for all this? huh. :|

[youtube]WJQoWZ245Sg[/youtube]

NONE of these images or "useless" YT videos are on the E.S. server, nicobie.
The images don't cost the site even a dime of extra bandwidth cost.

~~~~
Now, nobody can be "angry" against me for this, especially Clifton.
Without my diving in stu-fu head first, someone might have died, including me,
or Clifton. JAIL, itself, is often fatal. I hope he gets to go home soon.
We checked: he has NO prior record of any crimes whatsoever.
He simply had an "open till" moment of weakness. God knows how much
he =thought= he needed that till money.

"he who takes what isn't his'n
pays the price...and, we hope, does not go to prison."

:cry:

----
adendum, thoughtful, guilty, inno...fluck everything dead!...no!; I mean, that...
as an artistic-neurotic type of personality...there is not a thing wrong with being "neurotic". ALL of the greats were 'neurotic';

which simply means super-sensitive. and, if we are this way,
and many of us are or we would not be here at E.S . or making ART out of ebikes,

then we are mal-placed in this world.

I realize, now, looking at my Google record, that, as restricted as I am, generally, to this chair,
that, restriction, in itself, is a sort of means toward personal redemption:

I've the (time, not money) means; mainly, the time, to think and to write.
No family to speak of. No kids to raise, no boss to please, no income, no self-worth,
other than to show and share and try to set a decent example. I fail so often.

I never really wrote my thoughts before five years ago.

Now I think and consider all of my past and future errors, and realize:
I am going to be dead soon enough, and will not accept "compliments".

Hemingway, who was adored, and was a family friend at one, distant time,
blew out his brains. Why?

I won't do that. But I may, by natural and "ineluctable" (great word, eh?) means,
go and Shuffle off to Buffalo, before long.

So, I annotate and write without end, or so it would seem.
I've so much I "need" to share and show and give before I die.

Maybe I'll be living and in full stead in ten or twenty years...but...I am realistic, and
not depressed one bit, at all.

I regret nothing of my recent past.
If I had it all to do over again,
I'd probably do it all just the same, nicobie.

I am famous and "great", in a sense, because I fear nothing and no man; not at all.
And so I must pay that price,

inevitably, I will and am, paying the price of being too much this and too much of that.

Of being immodest, I am guilty as charged;
but SOMEONE has to say these things,

or people just die, without our even knowing what or when, or how, and it was all
for no good reason. I want to at least die for a reason, and not just to lessen the CO2 load on the atmosphere,
inasmuch as I am not much good at being a vegetable.

----
always the many edits, trying to get the details of grammar, at least, one tenth correct.

I feel your pain bro. I just made a new Ebike because I too got hit by a car one month ago. And… yes it was a female, a young female, not that I feel her sex had anything to do with it though.

I was going down the road at about 25 mph on a DIY pieced together Ebike, 4 SLA’s , 2 on each side. When this driver approached the stop sign, looked my way, we made I contact, I could tell she was going too fast to have any plans on stopping. “STOP STOP STOP” I shout as she the only movement she makes is in widening her eyes. I was able to slow the bike a tad but my brakes were crap (mushroomed rim due to the weight of the battery, YOU inspired my current build via your youtube vids to get a cruiser bike w/the fat tire to prevent this from happening again thank you ) we collide, she T-bones me. Even as I sailed over her hood and onto her windshield we never broke eye contact.

When I hit the pavement I skid on my stomach in the street like a seal leaping out from the water. Unaware that I was injured at the time, fight or flight took over, and I LEAPED off the pavement and into the air from a furious pushup, hitting the ground running. Livid, I briskly move toward the STILL moving vehicle which has just spat out my Ebike. The passenger nervously laughs “OH frock OH frock GO GO GO”… and off she went.

In hindsight I can’t honestly say I blame her leaving. I was furious, I have no idea what I would have done once I got to her vehicle. I am not menacing at only 5’4 125 lbs, but I have spent half my life competing in boxing and mixed martial arts. I am positive if she would have said “I’m sorry” or “are you ok?” I would have snapped out of it. But in that moment, I was not sane.

Some kids saw the event and handed me my batteries which were scattered about the road, someone in a truck stopped and asked how I was, and then I came to my senses. Relieved to find decent people do still exist. (then again I was totally blocking traffic, the truck had to stop, but I’ll give the person the benefit of doubt and assume they would have anyway) I was but one block away from my house so I carried my 100 somethin lb pos bike home.

I never called the cops, and after reading of your story, I am kinda glad I did not.
Aside from some cuts, the only injury I sustained was on my ass when it struck the corner of the windshield/frame. All is well now, but I slow down at every driver that approaches a stop sign now.

I think it does not register to motorists that there is a bicycle coming at them, I think the fact that when you are in a car, you are looking out for other cars may have something to do with it. I have been cut off by city busses even.
Anyway, that’s my story…. I should have shared it with you on youtube.

Holy shit! Look at you! ACTION REID! That is amazing man! Your calm clear headed domineer, tone of voice etc is truly amazing, even in an adrenalin pumping event such as that. Impressive, you got guts man, good for you. What a guy.
Thank you for sharing!

Subfightr said:
Holy shit! Look at you! ACTION REID! That is amazing man! Your calm clear headed domineer, tone of voice etc is truly amazing, even in an adrenalin pumping event such as that. Impressive, you got guts man, good for you. What a guy.
Thank you for sharing!
I give you the credit. YOU gave me the spirit to do that, what I did that day.
Note how the camera shakes? I was not nervous. I am never nervous in a panic situation. "Proud" I am, that my voice was
strong and manly and clear, and I said, nearly, all the right things. I asked "Drano" if he was all right. He said "yes", in his way,
But there, he is picking up the phone to call the police. TALK ABOUT COOL HAND LUKE, PLEASE? He is a MAN of rare valour.

Ten minutes after I quit the filming, female, Officer "C", arrived. Fee-male. Don't you think that she is cuddly.
She is a warning, she is! I could almost hear her "say", mentally, "Oh. It's YOU again.
She did not know, but knows now, that, on that day last March (was it? I can't keep track of dates), SHE saved my life from
Officer X, who had just beat my head so hard most men my age would simply die of the physical shock, cuffed behind and BAM,
three times on the head. She hobbled up just in time, for he was "blacking me out" with the "pressure point" movement.
He STOPPED that as she hobbled (arthritic hips no doubt, but don't inquire) "I have NO problem with my joints!"

But you do, Officer "C". You hobble slowly and painfully. I feel your pain. I feel it for two reasons: I am an "empath", and, too, I have systemic lupus,

and have had that hip pain, myself, before, one side or the other or both, or one or both knees...but temporary, because I found a "cure" of sorts:
DIAZEPAM, 30mg per day. Does not affect, cause or inhibit the Ali-shakes you've seen in me.

And you saved me, you tough old bitch: YOU got to Officer X's po-po death car Just In Time,
or I would have been dead by heart stoppage, just ten seconds or so more and I'd have been dead,
without a mark on my face, nor trace for the coroner to say "ah hahhhh", over; he only find the usual arteriosclerosis
that is universally found in men of my age and health history.

She saw me, YOU, Officer C, at that time, Robbery Day, ten minutes after Officer Hagan shut me down, rightly so...

she saw me now, suddenly out of adrenaline, gone all tremulous and weak...could not even stand up; had to sit down,
and I had to go home.

"You are in no condition to drive;
wait for the Detectives to arrive?"
Said you, you said.

"No, I can drive and get home OK and take a chill pill and relax and the Detective can come to see ME
at his or her own convenience IN MY HOME. And she did not restrain me.
And I did not get to thank her, for the "atmosphere" was not right. But I had Officer Hagan
at the house at the end of the day. He returned my Driver License, loaned, to save him from transcribing, he was so busy.
He thanked me. He and I talked, but you know me: I talked, he listened.
I cried before him, for real men can and do cry at the right times,
and begged him, Officer Hagan, to tell her that I THANK HER FOR SAVING ME FROM Officer X.

I've put this bee into the bonnets of several other officers who know her. She may not like me. Does not matter. She saved my life.
And in re-pay, I, perhaps, helped to save "Drano"s life...and we all did the right thing, after all. And Clifton is only twenty.
He must be forgiven. Look at Drano again. Does he look like a hater, a vindictive person? NO. He will want the same for Clifton.
Clifton surely has loving family, and they are all suffering this very hour, minute, second, as he starves and is verbally abused at that...
filthy rat hole called the "Pre Trial Detention Center". Case, dismissed. All my "terrible" charges were dismissed. The murderous officer,
he did not even show up at trial day, to testify. CASE DISMISSED. Now =he= must pay me, for he ruined my life, just as, in a way, Clifton
has damaged at least several other people, all in a flash of youthful foolishness. Forgive, but do not forget: we all eff up all the time.
We all have to sleep and not have these nightmares, like I have, waking and reliving the horror of the head bashings and the lamed left hand,
and

the rescue of self, by female Officer C, who does not like me, but would not allow him to kill me, after all.
She is decent, to say the least.

Thank you all. Good day.

I WILL drive down to Clifton's residence ere long, when I am able.
And I WILL ring that doorbell and be prepared for whatever may greet me,
and I WILL accept it: either a hug, or a slug

of lead.

r.

Be sure to bring your camera when you ring that door bell and put it on youtube lol.

While I am joking... I would not be surprised if you would actually do that heh.

Btw, does the tire still rub on that lime? lol

Subfightr said:
Be sure to bring your camera when you ring that door bell and put it on youtube lol.

While I am joking... I would not be surprised if you would actually do that heh.

Btw, does the tire still rub on that lime? lol
To answer the second question: TREK specs the quality.
The bike is made in China, of course. The existing wheel, whose HANK tire I had to shave on the sidewalls,
to clear the narrow crown, dropped right in, and upon tightening the shoulder bolts, centered perfectly.
No rubbing at all! Amazing for four hundred dollars I paid, and the shop probably earned only fifty bucks,
at best, of "profit." Dealing with me is never a profit because I talk without end. I have

too much to say and not enough time.

Alberto, the dour, but utterly straight and silent good-guy, at CWBS
is getting a belated birthday cake, btw. Pecan pie, to be exact.
And told him to expect it to be inscribed with cake-icing writing, and it will be effing
WICKED naughty. I can be VERY mischievous! To WiT:
http://www.poetrycritical.net/forum/read/200451/
two of the "victims" are from and in India.
the other is an American of Jewish extraction...or contraction,

for Jews do suffer with neurosis more so than gentiles, generally speaking.
They've been victims for centuries, and their mothers generally do not coddle them.
"TOUGHEN UP, BABY, it is a CRUEL WORLD."

And so you have all these people, some have had it harder than others.

I had a (jk) blessedly sweet mommy, just about like this one:
:lol:
[youtube]bUZdXUI3VKo[/youtube]

:wink:

Guess who Reidy :p

Good to see you got the lime replaced but WHERES THE SUBMARINE BIKE buddy whats happened to it?!?!@?#!?$!@#? Come on no excuses friend, off that lounge splash some water on your face knock back a few Diazapam and hit the garage and get her fixed :: Puts foot down :: :p

Reid_photochop.jpg

How many more Blue Tongues (skinks) must be sacrificed Reid :p

KiM

p.s NOW...!!!111oneoneone

AussieJester said:
Guess who Reidy :p

Good to see you got the lime replaced but WHERES THE SUBMARINE BIKE buddy whats happened to it?!?!@?#!?$!@#? Come on no excuses friend, off that lounge splash some water on your face knock back a few Diazapam and hit the garage and get her fixed :: Puts foot down :: :p

Reid_photochop.jpg

How many more Blue Tongues (skinks) must be sacrificed Reid :p

KiM

p.s NOW...!!!111oneoneone
OH, where to start.
I have invoked AussieJester. I must tell him where the sub bike is
and why it is not in running order. But he must wait. Just woke up from a nap.
What? A few hours. NIGHT TIME is my time, always has been. I don't have skin...k
cancers in result, I guess, like both my parents had even in their forties. Burn 'em off right-quick.
Am skin cancer-free, for now at least; just have not
been enough in the sunshine, which I love this much:
[youtube]c71RCAyLS1M[/youtube]
That's my friend, really.
He was "Mr. Tim", and always, he called me, "Mr. Reid".
Could not stop him from doing that. I mean, he'd call =you=, "Mr. nicobie"
or "Mister Why Pedal?", but never, "Mr. Reid"...'cause you =ain't=, Blanche, ya ain't
gonna get out of that chair of your name or personality, EVER!

Subscribe
Scubyndo
Another clip from the Australian TV Special.
Living In the Sunlight Loving In the Moonlight.
More Tiny videos on my blog: http://scubyndo.blogspot.com/

But, Blanche, ya' ain't gonna get out of that chair of your name or personality, EVER!
[youtube]TTtpDwrKaxo[/youtube]

~~~~~~~invoke~~~~~~~~search term, " define invoke"
Click on that, friends? It's perhaps not the easiest way to do word look-ups, but it is fast and simple for me.
You will get no virus by clicking on any hyperlink I bother to install; nothing worse than the dreaded "perspicacity". :roll:
~~~~~~~~
AussieJester has now returned home. I've missed him.
RHETT brought him back to us, to me, in particular.
I did not know Rhett. I had sort of heard through the E.S. grapevine
that AJ had sort of self-exiled for reasons I do not know.
Maybe a tangle with Management?
Well that Gordian Knot has been solved by himself.

He's a pretty neat guy, that KiM-guy. Does a lot of stuff.
Expert metal man, until frocking LIFE circumstance robbed him
of his leg's bi-pedal-power-wow-ity. Now, I am YankeeJester Reid, for this posting.
YOU KNOW what he does, our AJ? a.k.a. KiM?
He makes and he rides e-trikes in particular, that is, when he is not compin...companstatin...
by perambulating, by walking on two hands upside down with an inside out TONGUE
that can lick any full-bodied man or woo-woo-man here.
He's a sharp cookie. You all know what a sharp cookie is?
Well back when I was a lad, Halloween. We were warned (urban legend),
that sick, nasty old somebodies put thin Blue Blades into apples.
So we did not accept apples, candied or not. We accepted wrapped candies,
like from Mars and Necco...wafers were OK. BUT BEWARE OF THE SHARP COOKIE:
it has thin, old style razor blades baked right in,
or chips of busted beer bottle glass.

Now you know a new word-use for "sharp cookie",
a USA expression for sure, meaning a person who know his stuff.

Stuff it. AJ, I am not going to talk about the semi-defunct-sitting ten feet from me,
yellow forked tongue, silver bodied, castaway project bike,
because...I have been in one thing after another, mostly these:
[youtube]dnVdaTlQNMU[/youtube]
(it is probably at the Bennett/Welch residence, again)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before I hold forth again here in General, which must never no not ever be "auto-pruned"
or you destroy the Prune Danish his-
story of this historical forum, I have to do the dirty.
More later. Ugh.

Look at me, I'm a terrible squall![youtube]DMfixeKOy3c[/youtube]
(audio only, made for a movie of 1929)

"squa-oww"???? More like "squall", me and AJ,
when we get together, me on my feet, both in my mouth,
and him, walking on two hands. What a pair. But we do get around,
together, even at other forums where the dreaded w**d filter prevents a feller from saying,
shitpissfuckcuntcocksuckermotherfuckerandtits (George Carlin, about 1971)and 'tits', it doesn't even

belong on the list!"

:)

Will be back to this joyful thread soon. Must see if Ern is alive and ready to help me fish some shit from
his old drain pipe. He's tired of bumbling through the dark hallways upstairs, alone, looking for a toilet that works.
Snake We Must. Rental machine number two is ready to rock and roll and I'm gonna wear leather gloves, you bet.
Because the cable is greasy, old, snakey and sh****y.

YPEDAL, TURN OFF THAT WORD FILTER NOWWWWW oWWWWW
:lol:

(joking; we don't have any fuckin' word filter "on" at E.S.

Words are words. Acts are deeds described by words.
Words never hurt anyone if used like proper spanners.
At worst: a skinned knuckle, and then comes THE most beautiful word
of the English Language. "frock!" (owwwww!).

Were it not for "frock", not a mammal on earth would be munching

cane toads

for The Last Supper.

Think of that great painting now. OK.
Now substitute the faces of cane toads for the Twelve.

Jesus Smiles.
Poor-lice, they Smile, too:

[youtube]7UhPQVQOFwk[/youtube]

Yours, unfortunately forever,

YankeeJester Reid. Read My Whips. :lol:
(that last was GWB with a lissssp)

DADDY BOUGHT THIS HOUSE. HE BOUGHT IT FOR ME

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Drunkskunk said:
Hey, great to hear you have the Lime back. Well, replaced.

And now you're out of excuses! :D

I agree with Kim. That poor "other" bike must feel like you're cheating on it.
Poor thing. Hiding there in the garage as you spend your days lavishing attention on your new intrest. :p
Just woke up from another non-drug induced "nappie" (there ain't in diazerrrr--vaalyummmy in me now)....there and nothin' but shizzit fer brains ritin this, on this WONDERFUL Sunday, thank Dog!
I am having a DEEEEEEElightful time bein' the center of attention of all the universe, holding forth fonts of runny knows wisdom, lapsing into and out of
"SLE" (say it "sleeeee" and tell 'um THAT his how reid says to say what he lives with, makes him go zzzzzzzzzz and forget to use co-mers (,,,,,,) and run on and on like that snake we is (Barney is just taking over my reid-on-ality to-day). Bea is in the parlor making single-servin' "use one time only",
middle-leg socks for prisoners at Our Cell.

Otis, now, he don't much like Argy..Argyle socks, but that's good, as...as Sheriff Taylor says...

"arguing with a man is about as like to get the man on your side of the field,
as if you were to acts to con-duit a MULE to prep your income tax return
by promising it boxes of "hush money"...which 'round here is sugar cubes
for the horses and the nicobies. OK. POINT: never ever dige...digg...shoot off
your mouth so long that you end up digrassing from the field you are clutt...
...Clute-a-ating fer next BUMPER CROP of PO-TAY-TOES from
(we get our best stock from I-DAH-'HO, don't ya know?). OK. Never digress.

Stay on topic. Man 'bove me, Mister-mistake, Drunkassasskink, he asks me a simple-pimple-squinty-eyed little question,
well...never digress! I know that, that he even WROTE his mule-team question, means he ain't got no pussy to pet
on this here fine SUNday after noon, coming as it has, after the Big Game of last night p...p-p-p-p....eaterd out.
Din't do so good then, did ya, Mister? WELL I'm here to help you, Mister DrunkSkank, or

NOT! Beeeeecause...I am your friend for-ever unless nottamoderator nicobie kix me out of this cer...
...serial bowl of Cheerios and leaves nooooo trace of this old feller behind, but for some thick and smelly old "milk"

in the bottom of the bowl,

Good Day for now sir,
Dig We Must,

(fake) Barney Fife
Oh-fish-ial DEPUTY SHERIFF,
barneyfife-1.jpg

Maybe A Fairy, USA

you really just threw your old bike away rather than put a new rim on?

if that black guy was really robbing the store, why didn't you knock him down with a can of beans from the shelf and tie him up with your belt until the police arrived? just taking pictures during a crime seems kinda offensive, i couldn't just stand there and watch someone get robbed, but i know that's the way the world is now.

i read stories about how people drive their car into a river or canal and rather than roll the window down and climb out, they get on the cell phone and call 911. seems so insane people cannot function to take care of themselves or deal with a simple situation.

at an accident scene or fire, people just stand around and gawk, nobody acts to assist the people trapped or injured, they just get out the cell phone and call someone else.

you just don't see that in other cultures, i really am just astonished myself to see how pervasive it is though, people just don't seem to be able to cope in what would seem to be a normal direct response, they just don't wanna get involved, just watch the other person die or be robbed or whatever, just so strange a way for a culture to rot away. even if it is confined to places like miami or LA or DC or NY.

Hi, dnmun, I'll reply between your lines using blue ink
dnmun said:
you really just threw your old bike away rather than put a new rim on?

No sir. What I have is two bikes now. No compensation (yet) for Ernie's out of pocket expenses.
The original Lime will be put back together. TREK's official word is, in a nut shell, and I could not know this before:
"crashed bike? trash it (wheel was certainly ruined, and the frame took a major hit---but it can be made to work again---have all the parts,
including a new Trek-supplied rear wheel assembly) Lime #1 will get put back to bone-stock original condition.
I just won't reassemble it at this time, not knowing it's future (legal) status. The frame is not much noticeably bent; a quarter inch or so at worst
at the rear dropout: seat and chainstays. I think it "OK" to just dead-blow mallet it back to straight, my opinion.

if that black guy was really robbing the store, why didn't you knock him down with a can of beans from the shelf and tie him up with your belt until the police arrived? just taking pictures during a crime seems kinda offensive, i couldn't just stand there and watch someone get robbed, but i know that's the way the world is now.

You'd have to look at the video. It is not a store I was in; I was getting into my car, having just fueled it, and the ruckus began;
I thought it was horseplay at first, for about two seconds. Suddenly, "Drano", the victim, was blocking my car with his body: doing
a "dodge the robber" movement; robber BEHIND my car, and "Drano" not knowing which way to run. My car was his shield. Then he,
Drano screamed the most horribly terrifying yell I've ever heard in life or even in a horror film. Indescribable. Then I knew...
and I got out of the car then as Drano made a run for that service bay; the robber, faster yet, right on his heels. Drano got to the
bay's back wall, where there is a partly-opened steel door to what I figure is the bathroom. No doorknob, just an empty hole where
a knob once was. Drano got into that room and pulled the door shut in a flash. Half second later: the robber skidded into that door,
slipping on the bay's floor, and was pulling to open that door, feet braced against the doorframe. Non of this on camera because
it took me about three seconds to get out of the yellow car and unpocket the digicam and fumble to get it fired up. The robber
saw me doing this as he glanced, and instantly gave up the notion that he could pull open that door and get at Drano (who, I presume,
held the robber's vitally-wanted wallet). It was all so fast. The camera is now firing up just as the robber runs back out of the bay
and to his car, within mere feet of me, going so rapidly that I've never seen a man run so quick. HE wanted to get out of there, fast.
I wanted to PHOTO as much as I could get. But as the camera was just turning on, the video #4 starts with that clear shot of the robber's
license plate. I am 145 pounds and 55. The robber is 6 foot even and probably about 175 pounds and 20 years old. I would not try to
tackle him; not when I was thinking of these facts, and most vitally: GET THE IMAGES for the trials to come. I did not know that Drano,
during the start of the event, had grown suspicious and quickly gotten the robber's plate number scribbled down. So, my video work
is a help, sure, but not vital to the case...it does, however, bring home, the aftermath. IF I had gotten the chase, the screams of Drano's terror:
Hollywood would be begging him for this video, which, as far as I am concerned is HIS record for "remembrance". Am not a hero.
I am going to get a better camera now, and soon. New thread for that topic.

i read stories about how people drive their car into a river or canal and rather than roll the window down and climb out, they get on the cell phone and call 911. seems so insane people cannot function to take care of themselves or deal with a simple situation.

Yeah. People are all different. I have this in common with Drano: we react properly and get involved.
Now, I still need to talk to him and see if he would agree to "forgive" the robber and work to see if he can be kept from hard time in jail.
Strong-arm robbery carries a heavy penalty here. It will be Drano's choice, as to how hard the robber should be pressed to the legal wall;
the judges have room for discretion. Victims come first, I think. Clifton is a human, a frightened, sorrowful case, now. He has NO priors of any sort.

at an accident scene or fire, people just stand around and gawk, nobody acts to assist the people trapped or injured, they just get out the cell phone and call someone else.

Yes. True. Did you see the black man of my age, about..he'd just finished filling up his car. HE witnessed the chase and HE waggled his hands
at me (you see that on the video #4? Body language: "I don't want to be identified. I want to split." And he did just that: drove away pronto.
No offer to help in witnessing. Typical human. Sad, because that behavior causes robbers to feel, "oh, even if someone sees me, they won't
dare to get in MY way." Well. I am not a typical anything; am a GET INVOLVED'er, like Drano, the hero of that day.

you just don't see that in other cultures, i really am just astonished myself to see how pervasive it is though, people just don't seem to be able to cope in what would seem to be a normal direct response, they just don't wanna get involved, just watch the other person die or be robbed or whatever, just so strange a way for a culture to rot away. even if it is confined to places like miami or LA or DC or NY.

Agreed. I think what makes the two videos in this series (#1 and #2 are related to crimes of another nature), is that #4 and #5 put YOU right there.
I, immodestly think that I spoke clearly and not too much. You see them all sorting it out, and Drano, already calming and making that call to the police.

Clifton was picked up shortly thereafter, and would have been nabbed anyway, because all the employees saw that car and Drano had already gotten the plate number. But I,
I was there and did what YOU would do...tackling the robber might have caused you injury, or killed the robber, even.
Did he deserve, if he struck his head, to die? He appears to have been unarmed, but dangerous to all there, including himself.

So, in closing, I say: carry a digicam and not a gun or knife. There is nothing like sound and vision to bring the bleak tragedy home, to
sort through and see: he's just a lad, that robber; a lad with no priors, and had an amoral moment...immoral moment...a murderously
desperate moment...he HAD to get back his lost wallet. :|

So there's my last word until or unless I speak to Drano, and I do hope to meet Clifton's family and him, too, and apologize, in a way,
for my being an instrument of his punishment to come. I wake up now, myself, hearing that indescribable YELLLLLLL of terror, from
a Haitian man, Drano, who is really so very brave, so very, very brave. Should get a medal, he should. I should get
a new, small camera.
:cry: They are better now: HD and fixed focus for under two bills, and nobody should
die, trying to stop a locomotive man.

the robbery:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg1-ycOQnNs
the police arrive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJQoWZ245Sg

am no hero, just an incompetent bike rider with two limes, for now, to suck upon; no sugar.

Have gone off my own topic. Typical. :|
The amazing thing, and I did mention this in another thread at the swillpot forum,
(search term " Officer "C" ") After Officer Hagan pretty much shut me down, as I had done more than enough filming,
who arrives about ten minutes later, but HER: one of my early po-po "friends". As said in the other thread...of all the kops
in this huge city, SHE arrives to back up and check out the scene, and this is NOT quite in this suburb of Miami, Coconut Grove.
Her jaw about dropped. I could "hear" her mind saying "wholly shite...it's HIM again", meaning,

meaning.... "the reid" thing. This time in another "uniform": that of a most unique witness any of them have ever encountered,
most surely, and I have never been surly with them at all, except in print, in these threads. Venting; but not now; just amazed again;
what is this with me and police, starting last November sixth?
It's love and hate and love and hate and...
...it will all sort out in time, and all will be healed.
Or cuffed! :lol:

While this is at the top, let me re-track the thread?

Am waiting for a special socket-tool to come into the bike shop, maybe tomorrow;
then I can do the rear-wheel swap from old lime's ruined wheel, which was bought again new,
thinking it would go onto Lime #1. But instead, since I have already mounted the Hank to the replacement wheel,
that replacement wheel will go onto Lime #2. And the new wheel of the new Lime will go, eventually, onto the wrecked
Lime #1, with its OEM tire already fitted. Simple to understand? All I know is that this is becoming a lot of labor,
but I am learning, and as my long-ago best pal, Babbo, would say on wan days of slogging though budget auto repair jobs,

"How ya doing today, Babbo?" I inquired regularly.

from under the truck or whatever POS he was stuck with fixing for half of the normal going rate,
this "Hoss" twin, he would roll out far enough and grin,

despite all of the World seemingly against him;

and he would say to me,
and "Arrow" was my nick then because he and his buds just figured me to be a junior FBI plant, a decoy,
to infiltrate their ring of sorrows of...another story.

This is the General Store story forum.

Anyway, to be never brief, because I do like to bug nicobie lately, :)

Babbo said, said he: "I'm gainin' on it, Arrow...I'm gainin' on it...
...if only...someday I could just be clearing a hundred bucks for the day and night's work, then
I'd be perfect."

Well, he did not know it but he was already perfected.
See, he'd learned to roll with Life's punches, more or

Lesssssssss
. :twisted:

______
A socket is coming. How interesting it will be to show right and proper how to remove the Lime's chain guard,
and so be able to get to the Shimano shifter-motor-brain-thing without having to cut a hole in the guard, as was required for Lime #1.

Simple is as simple does. I'm just a shade tree...mechanical...

...squirrel. :lol: I wonder if I could someday really invent something useful! :roll:
Something like The Cone of Silence? :mrgreen:

It's in my blood to invent. I never fail to keep my cool, though I am not so cool,
but I invent words and ways, I 'spose, because of this guy I have told about before.
http://www.google.com/patents/about?id=CMBgAAAAEBAJ&dq=paul+brown+welch
Lucky me. I bet that swamp cooler put more fungus among us, than clean air.
Probably he'd have to fill the water container with iodoform and have Fern clean
the gunked screens out every few days. It was never made in the shade. Shades now...
...of that gentle giant, Babbo: "I'm gainin' on it, Arrow, I'm gainin' on it...."

Here is my pal, his near twin, face, voice, and ever-thin':
[youtube]vBIL6Hdb2lE[/youtube]

I work on bikes, and people work on me, years after their departure.
I think........I think too much.

While this is at the top, let me re-track the thread?
As phlucking if! And,
reidums, talking to yourself as you are, because you never contribute anything of humour or technical stuff,
well! the only invention you've ever disclosed
is the sparkly unisex dill pickle yourself doe!

See the swillturdddddddddddddddd forum for reference link to DIY;
'how to make one horn on the cob :p as a gift, you know, for your :x boss'.

You will get a raise,,,,,or a RISE,,,,meant in the mean way, like PURPLE face,,,,meant in the "YOU ARE FIRED" sense, and

nothing else....
I am nothing else, if not a little angel of peace, and a certifiable bumbler in the arts of by-sick-u-lair-ites.
____

BACK ON TRACK. I shall NOT dominate this forum! No replies to this thread until THE SOCKET arrives!

I have spoken! Death to all assholes! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
(remember, only guns kill; not words; that was Water's whole point). Bang me,

anyone?
[youtube]VPM3zAoGktE[/youtube]
for once, Lessssss did right: :lol: those two were guilty and needed, uh, Lessssssss justice.
In reality, I was not there, but only as a fan at one of the many, perpetual screenings at "Mecca" type of theaters that existed then,
to play and ponder about, and over in. Out, r.

~~~~

Love me?
I am,
actually,
in real life,
as sweet and kindly as Nick,

just below. No joke. He's the man, and
he was a one-woman-young-faithful, fully-secure,
self-supporting, nurturing-of-all-others, man, he was:

Reid Welch said:
No replies to this thread until THE SOCKET arrives!

.... i bet you cant resist hehehe .... So Reidy my skink loving Floridianian buddy...Uhm...you still didn't tellz me whats up with the electric how come your not riding it and yur back on the Lime? i aint been here for 4-5 months and well, apologies pal i had a look through the thread but its gone from a extremely well written tutorial for the beginner to well...i don't really know buddy, theres stuff about everything but your build in your worklog and i lost when you stopped talking about your bike and when you started talking about other things that had nothing to do with the build :-S

Anyhow, if you (pr anyone for that matter that knows the answer) could just pop down a line or two NO MORE REQUIRED Please... Lol outlining the whereabouts of the electric? is it still in your possession i guess maybe not? seeing you bought this new Lime?

Peace and good health SIR

KiM

AussieJester said:
...how come your not riding it and yur back on the Lime?

Because some 80 year old great grandmother stole if from him while he fumbled trying to dig out his camera instead of stopping her. He called the police, and while one was laughing hysterically his partner beat Reid up just on principle.

John :twisted:

AussieJester said:
Reid Welch said:
No replies to this thread until THE SOCKET arrives!

.... i bet you cant resist hehehe ....KiM
I AM DIVINE AND I HAVE SPOKEN. LEsssssss, YOU are no more!

"You're breakin' my heart...so frock you..." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thank you, gentlemen of the press. No starch in the collars, please, not until I next raise this thread cum next Twensday,
to show and share The Socket special to these LIME types of lemons.

<: a----s----if-----:>
An Original Reid Quote :<
<: a----s----if-----:>

"You can squeeze the juice from a LIME, anytime;
but, best if you don't TRY to put the sour back in-
to the rind
:
you'll bust your sugared mind. "

rrrrr.rrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRR!
I have Spoken!
:D

John in CR said:
AussieJester said:
...how come your not riding it and yur back on the Lime?

Because some 80 year old great grandmother stole if from him while he fumbled trying to dig out his camera instead of stopping her. He called the police, and while one was laughing hysterically his partner beat Reid up just on principle.

John :twisted:
No, nooooooo :lol: ; that's not quite right. Only The Principal ever beat me up on principle.
The Kop, Officer X, near-murdered me (I do not exaggerate) over a matter of, and I paraphrase the truth:
"You asshole, you just kicked out the rear side windows of my cruiser--
and I love my Car 54 more than I hate you, so you DIE, just like that tempered side glass just shattered, mr. belchwelch."

"Just the facts, M'am?"

Joe%20Friday.jpg

LOL!! "You're breakin' my heart...so frock you..." Did you just quote yourself?

That is funny as hell, I did not see that coming.

Reid, I am about to get the Hanks that you are running on your bike. Would you reccamend them for an Ebike that can go 35 MPH? And if so is the 20lbs of pressure that you use safe for those speeds?

Subfightr said:
LOL!! "You're breakin' my heart...so frock you..." Did you just quote yourself?

That is funny as hell, I did not see that coming.

Reid, I am about to get the Hanks that you are running on your bike. Would you reccamend them for an Ebike that can go 35 MPH? And if so is the 20lbs of pressure that you use safe for those speeds?
Reid ain't here till next twensday so I am answerin' for him as his O-FISH-I-AL Deptuty, You-Know-Who.

Ok. OK. To the question. I do not know if he quitted, himself, but he does not wear ladies' clothin, no-sirs.
He only collects and sniffs used jock straps
sent to him by straight submarine fighters, from all over the world!

Ok, OK! to the question: Reid would say, YES, go for them Hanks, but be sure you got
crown width clearance. And if you can get the Big Hanks, more's the better:

more cushion containment of AIRY, like In Mt Airy next ta Mt. Pilot, but...

...I digress again. I do that, ya know? Ok, OK. NOW, IF YOU GOT NO THORNS
nor busted Otis Beer Bottles NOR any slush and mud, YES,
get those slick tires. They stick like flypaper to your assfault roads.

Ask the world's second best expert, Sheldon Brown (he's dead too) about tires,
with and without tread, and what and why-for,
and you'll see that Sheldon learned an
AWEfull lot of good bi-sick-u-ler infermation from me,

fake Barney Fife, gen-u-whine world's best bike expert!

35mph is safe for Hanks.
But if you come through Mayberry on a bicycle at that speed,
well, I WON'T BE SAFE FOR YOU.

Got me a new ray..rad..ridaroach gun and will clock you but good, Mister Stubfighter.
Ok. OK. I have spoken... Never de...grass;
don't smoke mary-hu-juana and then post,
cos I can spot you potholder heads from miles and miles away.

Got the munchies, got to run, your pal in Law Conforcement,
barneyfife-1.jpg

Back