• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

UPS 3day for Batteries from China

Patriot4

100 mW
Hi, a couple of questions. Hobby King is now out of the Turnigy 20C 6S 5000mah lipo batteries in their US warehouse. They still have them in the China warehouse. I do not want to wait a month to get these batteries as i did when I ordered some connectors. Tracking was useless. Stuck in New York. Evan after delivered, stilled said in New York. There is a "UPS 3 Day" option. Price is high and with the weight limit can only order 2 batteries at a time. The question is this really 3 day? or will it be stuck in again in New York customs? If I order thru Air like I did with the connectors I am afraid of this long wait. I am also thinking HK will not restock these batteries as they are selling the same battery at 25C for higher cost. Do you think I should wait? If I go with the UPS option I will end up paying $60 more to finish my pack. If I go with the 25C option it will be $80 more for the 4 batteries to finish. Opinions or options?

How can the total with upgraded shipping from China possibly save money compared to shipping from the US Warehouse even if it means going with upgraded packs?

I think if you are willing to spend a lot more just getting better shipping how about considering spending more just getting a better product locally like a gens ace lipo like this one.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/98p-25c-5500-4s1p.html

Those are much better and still reasonably priced.

I've used expedited shipping from HK. It wasn't 3 day, but it was still a damn sight better than normal shipping. I think it was a little over a week. Then again, even ordering from the local warehouse took 2-3,days, so there's never any hope of getting international 3 day shipping.

The option I chose was the second cheapest option when I ordered. I think it was a courier company rather than a postal company.

For 2 packs 20c from China with UPS 3 day air is about $130. For 2 packs 25c from USA by priority mail is about S137. As I mentioned before can only ship by UPS only 2 packs at a time due to weight restrictions. I have decided to wait 2 weeks for my next payday and order 4 packs of the 25c from USA warehouse. Shipping is a little higher and will come to about $260. That is equal to what the originals from China will end up costing and I will not have to worry about customs delay. I need 4 packs to finish my battery and I need the dimensions the same or very close and want the connector the same. In any case will end up spending $60 more than I would have for the 20c packs from USA warehouse.

Back