Version 2 Crystalyte Controller information

Hey Everyone,

Could someone post the value & # on the r22 resistor on the version 2 12mosfet crystalyte controller.

thank you!!!!!

-steveo

steveo said:
Hey Everyone,

Could someone post the value & # on the r22 resistor on the version 2 12mosfet crystalyte controller.

thank you!!!!!

-steveo

bump :roll:

steveo said:
steveo said:
Hey Everyone,

thank you!!!!!

-steveo

0k Ok...OK.. Steveo........ i'll check that for you tonight :wink:

Doc

Doctorbass said:
steveo said:
steveo said:
Hey Everyone,

thank you!!!!!

-steveo

0k Ok...OK.. Steveo........ i'll check that for you tonight :wink:

Doc

hahah thanks Doc :mrgreen:

-steveo

Good evening Steveo,

I dissassembled a brand new controller ( that i have in stock) JUST FOR YOU ! :roll: :wink:

.. Eee.. I mean.. just to help you to know what is this R22 resistor value! :shock:

Roll the drum..... :

R22 ...... is......... a.........:

k

in other words... 6800ohms.

How could you have blown it?? :shock:

..... . . .

You are welcome :wink:

Doctorbass said:
Good evening Steveo,

I dissassembled a brand new controller ( that i have in stock) JUST FOR YOU ! :roll: :wink:

.. Eee.. I mean.. just to help you to know what is this R22 resistor value! :shock:

Roll the drum..... :

k

..... . . .

Hey Doc,

I am repairing a controller for a member on the forums ...

Don't ask me how he blew it .. but he did!!! lol

I will replace the resistor .. and she if she turns on!!!

thanks alot doc!!!!

-steve

steveo said:
Doctorbass said:
Good evening Steveo,

Roll the drum..... :

k

..... . . .

Hey Doc,

I am repairing a controller for a member on the forums ...

Don't ask me how he blew it .. but he did!!! lol

I will replace the resistor .. and she if she turns on!!!

thanks alot doc!!!!

-steve

Hey... Steveo.. Can you just: "Pay it forward" for me and giving me the value of R46_1 on the 18 fets start immediate?
it is close to the square Uc

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=10312&p=187532#p187532

Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could advise on what resistor ( The big one lol) I should use if i run this controller, say at 100v.

Everytime i put power say, 80 v, I blow out the mini capasitor near the big resistor.

thanks
-steveo

karma said:
its 2am!! :mrgreen: after work ill open my v2. i did a few mods on it. im running 90v fully charged with no problems :wink:

cheers

Hey

I've place 3 10uf resistors in series to go up to 150v!! lol ...

I just tested it with 75v and no bang!!!... this is good sign.. however if its no bigh dealio with you karma, let me know what you did.

thanks
-steveo

Differences between 35/40amp and 48/50amp controller.

I've read this fourm, up and down and sideways and searched, so feel justified in asking.

Alot of this forum is based on the crystalyte 40amp controller, and its made quite clear how to up the amps and improve in general. It is also stated that the controller should not be pushed more than 50 amps with out up specking other parts of the board.

Where I am not clear is, I have a 72v48amp controller, which I am presuming is the same as a 50amp, its a 12fet. Is this board basically an up specked version of the 40amp model, therefore at its limits with out further modification, or is it comfortable at 50amps, and could be pushed to 60amps with no other modifications than shunt+R4 mods?

I would really just like to put a variable resistor at R4,(so I can bring it down again easily) wind it up to get 60amps and be done.
I dont want more than 60amps for this project, and it will never be continuous draw. (.....little devil over my left shoulder belly laughing at that statement)

Is it safe, or am I risking making popcorn?

It would be great to have a list somewhere that says, you can safley push a stock "Y"controller to "X" volts and "Z" amps. After that your on your own.

different motors have different characteristics. what is a safe limit with one may not be safe with another. so an absolute answer is sort of impossible.

there is no difference between the 35A and 40A controllers except for the label and spec sheet. there is enough variation in the shunt resistors used to measure the current so that either number could be used.

the 48A and 50A 12FET controllers are the same thing as well. the difference between the 50A and the 40A is the FETs used in the output stage. the 50A ones uses a low resistance IRFB4110 FET where the 40A ones use a different cheaper FET. generally the 50A ones also use lower ESR capacitors as well. lastly a resistor value (not the shunt itself) is changed to up the sense limit to 50A.

with care and decent wiring the 12FET has been used by some at 80+ Amps. on the other hand some people have managed to blow their controllers at much lower power levels by being over zealous in their modifications.

at power levels over 50A the onboard copper is insufficient to carry the current and would have to be beefed up as well using either copper bus bars or braid to carry the extra current.

Wow... back from the dead after 2 years.

If you want insane ebrake power scroll back a few dozen pages and look at crowbar braking. You will lose the power (i.e. it is not regenerative) but at least you can make a seat warmer and have killer ebrakes that never fade.

-methods

Thank you,
can you indicate me the right post, :)
it's very hard for me read english

it's possible to use brake with throttle for controlling the brake effect?
sorry!!!

Back