WHAT I NEED TO MAKE MY PACKAGE OF BATTERIES?

TOYIKO

1 W
Hi
What cell buy? A123?
What B.M.S wear?
buy charger balanced?
How the wires are welded step by step?
And so on.

TOYIKO said:
Hi
What cell buy? A123?
What B.M.S wear?
buy charger balanced?
How the wires are welded step by step?
And so on.

For 48v 20 ah capacity

Ypedal said:
This is a complicated question to answer unless we know more about what kind of battery you want or need. :D

How fast do you want to go ?

How far ?

How much money are you willing to spend ?

What tools do you have ? ( soldering irons, experience ? )

I want the maximum speed and maximum autonomy. :wink:

The limitation is the engine which is goldenmotor 1000w 48V

How many A123 cells need to get 48V 20 ah?

Spend what right and necessary, neither more nor less :wink:

I have little experience in soldering irons :(

Since your motor is limited to around 1kw, I would suggest you get a 'duct tape' pack from Ping or one of the others. This will be completely built and have the necessary BMS and charger. No soldering iron needed. This will be significantly cheaper and easier than building an A123 pack. The pack will also be more compact as it uses prismatic cells. About the only thing you need to make is a box to protect the cells (duct tape alone is not really good).

If you wanted extremely high power levels, then A123's would be worthwhile.

Building a pack from raw cells and getting your own BMS is a very challenging project and you could destroy some very expensive cells if your soldering techinique is not very good.

fechter said:
Since your motor is limited to around 1kw, I would suggest you get a 'duct tape' pack from Ping or one of the others. This will be completely built and have the necessary BMS and charger. No soldering iron needed. This will be significantly cheaper and easier than building an A123 pack. The pack will also be more compact as it uses prismatic cells. About the only thing you need to make is a box to protect the cells (duct tape alone is not really good).

If you wanted extremely high power levels, then A123's would be worthwhile.

Building a pack from raw cells and getting your own BMS is a very challenging project and you could destroy some very expensive cells if your soldering techinique is not very good.

How many DEWALT A123 cells (3.3 V 2300mAh) I need to build a 48V 20ah pack?

Please answer this simple question

Thanks

Any expert would be provided to make the pack?

Is there a manual step by step, to build an A123 Pack?

What autonomy can have a 48V 20 ah A123 pack?

Thanks

48v/3.3=14.55

20/2.3=8.70

16x9=144 Cells A123 3.3v 2300mah

144x100usd=1440usd

144X70grs=10kgrs. aprox.

144/10=15 DEWALT BATTERIES

iT IS CORRECT??

Close.

FWIW I'm glad to see you at least tried to work it out for yourself. There is lots of information on this site on how to build this sort of stuff if you are prepared to use the search button, read and learn. There is also a lot of information on RC forums too, a google search will reveal a lot of information on building packs from A123's including picture tutorials.

You need ~15s to get 48v
You need ~9p to get 20ah
That's 135 cells. At 10cells per pack you need 14X 36v Dewalts.
@ $140 a battery (conservative) that's $1960, not including supplies, charger, balancer.

But honestly, if you are asking these kinds of basic questions then you obviously dont know how to build the pack. Do yourself a favour, follow Fetchers advice and buy a prebuilt pack, that way it comes ready to use, wired correctly, has a charger and balancer if needed and will save you a whole lot of hassle and likely save you from very costly mistakes.
And this is no small project :shock: .

Honestly, once again buy yourself a premade pack and avoid a lot of heartache. For $2000+ you can buy an 5 series Xlyte that will far out-perform your golden motor, a premade batt to make it go and still be less than that figure. I'd fathom a guess that you are probably running the stock golden controller also which wont even really take advantage of what these batteries can offer.

HornetB said:
Close.

FWIW I'm glad to see you at least tried to work it out for yourself. There is lots of information on this site on how to build this sort of stuff if you are prepared to use the search button, read and learn. There is also a lot of information on RC forums too, a google search will reveal a lot of information on building packs from A123's including picture tutorials.

You need ~15s to get 48v
You need ~9p to get 20ah
That's 135 cells. At 10cells per pack you need 14X 36v Dewalts.
@ $140 a battery (conservative) that's $1960, not including supplies, charger, balancer.

But honestly, if you are asking these kinds of basic questions then you obviously dont know how to build the pack. Do yourself a favour, follow Fetchers advice and buy a prebuilt pack, that way it comes ready to use, wired correctly, has a charger and balancer if needed and will save you a whole lot of hassle and likely save you from very costly mistakes.
And this is no small project :shock: .

Honestly, once again buy yourself a premade pack and avoid a lot of heartache. For $2000+ you can buy an 5 series Xlyte that will far out-perform your golden motor, a premade batt to make it go and still be less than that figure. I'd fathom a guess that you are probably running the stock golden controller also which wont even really take advantage of what these batteries can offer.

I am a rookie, I've never refused! :)

I also know little English, which increases the difficulties!!!! :(

Hi. New here. New to E bikes and the E V Grin :D
Was looking into a used ego scooter on some online ad list and found an eZee Quando ( 36 v nimh now worn out) rode it bought it I`m hooked. :shock: :lol:
Also have an EVG that is getting updated to newer tech stuff. A brushless geared rear hubmotor, 26 inch rim. I`ve already gathered 110 a123 cells.

Leaning towards 12 cells in series for the upper range of 36 volt controller. But I am open to comments about higher voltage. Would I lke it? 8)
I spent the coins for 123`s due to cycle life, maybe fast re charging and lighter than the evg lead sla. Plus I`m learning about these electric transporters.
Need a bms Goodrums or would a ping work ok.
The evg controllers have cruise control, I really like cruise control. Is there a good brushless controller with cruise control ?

What I want is head snapping wheelie popping acceleration with a top speed of no more than 20 mph. I just love racing cars when leaving a stop. :shock: 8)
My commute is one mile and I can recharge at work. I would like to get 10 miles range with heavy electric use .

Thanks for any help. Al

Back