What is now the best and easy option for full suspension EMTB?

Change controller to avoid having the torque lower when you drop a gear. It s the only annoying thing about this motor.

Do you mind explain better this? I am considering to buy one of this motors...

Thanks

Antenor said:
Change controller to avoid having the torque lower when you drop a gear. It s the only annoying thing about this motor.

Do you mind explain better this? I am considering to buy one of this motors...

Thanks

I really recommend this motor as it has a great torque sensor and it feels like you just have stronger leggs. It means that depending on the power level that you choose you get more or less of a workout but you are always having one (which I believe it s a good thing even if it s small on level 4)
Yes the only drawback: the motor gives you power when it feels like you are struggling. If you drop a gear and increase the cadence the motor will feel like you are struggling less (which is true) but you might be doing this because a climb is coming so it s necessary! However, it s not at all a dealbreaker as you can learn to not drop the gear straigh away but instead wait until you are struggling to drop the gear. In that case you will still struggle when you are dropping the gear and the motor will not stop it s power. I didn t notice this issue that much on the road but more in technical mtb climbs.
I was told that by changing the controller you can lower this effect. I m no expert and haven t research what it entails yet.
Also this motor like all doesn t like to be used in high torque low cadence...so it s a long term benefit for the motor too.
Again this drawback is minor
Hope this is clear?

Thanks...understood :)

For what control you can change to minor that effect? For the 48v one?

Back