• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

What's your top speed?

with my 9C 9x7 @ 20s2p lipo 64.4 kph
@ 15s2p lipo 54 kph
@ 25s...testing soon
with 120% timing advance?

68kph on the flat with twin high RPM Mac motors and 16S A123 LiFePO4, more downhill :mrgreen:

Max 4500W under acceleration at low speed and about 3000W at max speed.

3HP treadmill motor running at 90v (/180v)...

Geared for 45mph...top speed unknown. Controller can deliver 1.5kw but current battery only does 500w or so.

..assuming about 20mph for now. If I remember then I''ll update this when I know for sure...later.

With pedaling hard I was holding 33mph the other day on the flats with 350 watts from the motor per the cycleanalyst.
8S thundersky
Turnigy Outrunner Friction drive

I've seen 32 mph on the bike I took to the spooky tooth, 36 with pedaling.

Aotema kit motor, stock controller, 48v ping.

i max out at a good 22 mph on my 250watt 24 volt chain drive bmx with 8s konion pack. i kinda feel like it can do better though. :twisted:

evblazer said:
With pedaling hard I was holding 33mph the other day on the flats with 350 watts from the motor per the cycleanalyst.
8S thundersky
Turnigy Outrunner Friction drive

man, that makes me want to build an rc friction drive unit...lol

24.6 mph... tadpole trike,,,,36v 20amp foxxpower bat,36v35amp infineon.. CA reading... no peddaling :mrgreen:

In the flat, no wind. a fresh charge, 48v 16ah, 750watt hub brushless, a tadpole trike catrike, 29.9 mph. The rear wheel is 20". I was past the spinout point so no pedaling. I believe I'd go faster with a bigger wheel. Occasionally my ca will show top speed at 400 or more. I don't think that was a good number. But I did have a dream I was exceeding 400. That does not count.

ebent

John, you're insane! I love it. :twisted:

Oh..
29.9 mph. The rear wheel is 20". [ .. ] Occasionally my ca will show top speed at 400 or more.

Is 400 the wheel rpm? I've never used a ca...

400rpm would be about 21.5mph with my "20 inch" rear wheel and with my front "20 inch" wheel it would be 25mph. Both less than 29.9mph. :?:

REdiculous said:
John, you're insane! I love it. :twisted:

Sanity kicks in pretty quick when you see that $5 tire getting skinnier from centrifugal force. 8) It made me quickly let off the throttle and pop upright like the motorcycle racers do as they're setting up for a curve. 80kph the rest of the way felt slow and safe. Having to get in the left lane to pass slower traffic on a highway is pretty cool though, and the fat guy going so fast on a bicycle must be quite a sight. :D

Rediculous,

My cycle analist on occasion gets freaky and show a top speed over 400mph not rpm. Just added color. Sorry for the confusion.

ebent

ebent said:
Rediculous,

My cycle analist on occasion gets freaky and show a top speed over 400mph not rpm. Just added color. Sorry for the confusion.

ebent

Mine does that when the sensor is not close enough to the magnet.

My top speed on the flat is around 55kmh, fastest I've been is 80kmh down a hill. I'm actually leaving the bike on medium power now, it's just too fast.

My CA-DP Version 2.1 is saying 455 kph right now but it's also read 666 and 823. Version One never gave me those erroneous readings.

My 9C 2805 in a 26" wheel with 48V (15s, 5C) LiFePO at 35 amps has done an honest 51.9 kph (32.25 mph) on the flats.
It's geared so I can still pull chain at that speed.
If I crank the top gear (147.5") at 80 rpm it is 56.5 kph (35.11 mph).

Zoot Katz said:
My CA-DP Version 2.1 is saying 455 kph right now but it's also read 666 and 823. Version One never gave me those erroneous readings.

My 9C 2805 in a 26" wheel with 48V (15s, 5C) LiFePO at 35 amps has done an honest 51.9 kph (32.25 mph) on the flats.
It's geared so I can still pull chain at that speed.
If I crank the top gear (147.5") at 80 rpm it is 56.5 kph (35.11 mph).

All while singing Wagner right?

Kewl 8)

full-throttle said:
Mark_A_W said:
fastest I've been is 80kmh down a hill.
That's piss weak effort Mark - try 100km+ on a road bike with 23mm sub 200-gram tyres. Good rider would do 75+ in a sprint on a flat.

There isn't a big enough hill between work and home.

And I really don't want to go faster. Coming off at 40 hurt. 80....or 100.....rip.

No worries, I'm the odd one out..the dude w/o a cycle analyst..

How accurate are they when they're not showing crazy stuff like 400mph? I guess they must be pretty good if everyone gets 'em...

Ive had it up to 49mph/78kph, still had throttle, but the road was a little squirly so I chickened out. Havent had the nerve to top out yet.

GM 48v/1000w rear - Delta/Wye converted - All teflon hall and phase
Tempest AGM SLA's 12v18AH 6s
Lyens 18FET Instant Start Controller

Once she gets hot, she loses everything, need to ventelate motor.

New batterys being built
A123 M1 24s4p

Future plan - Good bye hub drive, hello RC rear! Steveo 24FET Monster Controller! And up batterys to 36s4p

My speeds are matched to the nut with GPS.

REdiculous,
The ocasional big numbers on the mph on the CA is not a big deal. I've learned on this thread that the sensor is not close enough ocassionally. I have no way of comparing the CA to anything else but I like it. A lot of info that is helpful. When I was adding some modifacations I removed and replaced a zip ti. On the replacement I torqued it to tight and when I turned on the system a small whiff of smoke rose from the CA. Fried it. I emailed Justin. He requested a photo with the back off. A day later I got an email and it was under warranty.

ebent

My motor's top speed on the flats is about 21.5 mph using a 15S LiFePO4 battery. My fastest speed in the past year was 39.8 mph down an 8% grade with a freewheeling geared motor. Since I locked up the clutch the motor turns into a generator at about 28 mph which then adds significant drag limiting me to the low 30's down the hills. My average trip speeds are in the 17-19 mph range.

-R

I can usually hit over 35mph on the flats with my 26" 9c at 66.6v 18s turnigy lipo. Fastest I've ever gone is 39.5mph down a long hill. It was about a 4-5% grade I reckon.. I should get a couple more mph with my maxxis hookworms when I get them... I should have not only less rolling resistance but also a slightly larger diameter. 8)

yopappamon said:
I get max 20 - 21 mph out of my 36v amped rear geared kit (faster if down hill).

What's your top speed?

With the same kit I get 21 mph too with 36V SLA, and 26-27 mph with 44V LIPO 12S
The fastest I ever got was 30mph, slight downhill and tail wind.

Back