Where to put throttle on road bike style drop bars?

raylo32

100 kW
Got a new mid motor coming and I am considering putting it on my gravel bike that has drop bars. I usually like left side thumb throttles on MTB or Hybrid bike type flat bars, but what do folks use and where do you put them on drop bar bikes?

Maybe check the build thread forum for road bikes. The picture thread may be helpful. The example below uses one of those accessory bars.

img_20200421_081706_dro-jpg.271939

Lever style thumb throttles provide another mounting angle/option.
thumb_throttle_ebike_1024x1024.jpg

Looking around this morning I saw another similar solution... I would need to fab a mount like this to hold both the throttle and the main system switch/display. I would design and 3D print one with a stub on each side. The other thing I saw that was super cool was one guy repurposed the front STI derailleur shifter to work the throttle. Very stealth. But IDK... this ish a great pedal bike as is and has internal cable/brake hose routing. So that front derailleur housing would have to be removed or abandoned in place. I built this bike so I know how difficult it is to mess with tat and I am not sure I want to go there.

Some thoughts over here too

Back