Whereswally606's Emax Scooter Thread

MOT test time again. Passed no problem bar the stop light being permanently on which drains the battery unnecessarily. After passing I got the zero £ tax sorted. Then I went to charge it full intending to use it for a while. I noticed on my cell log taps that cell nine's voltage was jumping all over the place. When I inspected the terminals the washers on the -'ve of cell 9 were really corroded and a bit loose. So I disconnected it cleaned the terminal and the lug and got a new bolt and new washers, swapped them out and the voltage went back to normal. I wonder how long it's been like this since the washers were really rusted. Anyway take home message is check you battery bolts. Need to do a discharge test and see what capacity remains in these alleged 60ah cells.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

If you have a CellLog_8 or something like it, don't leave it permanently hooked up as it draws almost all of it's power from the positive of Cell 2. It can drain a pack in a week if you aren't careful.

Don't worry I know this, I just have some taps which come out to a double row computer pcb female header. I only check when charging or at the end of a ride. The cell log / bvm8 just sits in the small cubby hole near the controller.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Good man :)

It's a shame, cause otherwise I think we'd all just leave them there.

Last night I stole a few moments away from daddy duty and went out to the batcave to do a bit of work on the Lebowski that Bobc and I were working on.

I haven't had it out of the box since Bob passed away. Consequently I lost a few bits when his relatives were clearing the house.

1) Managed to make up an rs232 cable to the com1 of my desktop
2) download teraterm (and setup the window scrolling properly)
3) took a 36v Macalister battery and my plastic printed terminal blade to 4mm bullet connector. Used this to power the stepup dcdc bst900 minghe which is powering the Lebowski board at 50v. therefore it is definitely isolated from my PC

Over the weekend I hope to re-attach the motor in the stand and verify that I can get it spinning in all the modes.

After this I should look to build a proper enclosure for it. And look to mount it into the Emax.

I think at first I could run it on the 16s lifepo4 I've got in the bike to test. Later I can up it to the 26s which the MTI full bridge can take. Also in this testing stage I will keep everything reversible so that I've I blow something on the controller I have the stock controller available to get me home.

To give people a better handle on what i'm taking about I will refer to bobc's photos in his emax thread. Top Post of this link.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=81681&hilit=emax&start=76

need to take more photos of the setup and put a fuse inline to the battery.

There is also a mini Lebowski bobc brain board which might be nicer to get running since its so tiny and more robust. I don't know if it is fully finished though which is an issue.

Back