Yet another electric trike

On November 30th I had a fire that burned my shop to the ground.... 25 plus years of collectables including everything from a potters wheel... a hand loom... a world war 2 vintage motor generator type 250 DC welder and all manor of things in between up in smoke. While you can never replace a loss like that and three motorcycles that had liability only coverage I did have pretty fair coverage on the building and contents. USAA is my insurer and I have been pleased so far with their handling of it. My trike and quite a few other projects went up in smoke as well. It may be some time before I'm back in the building mode but thought I would let ya'll know why have not made any posts of note lately.

fire2.jpg

fire1.jpg

Unfortunately it was due in part to my own negligence... I had burned some grass at the end of my shop early that morning... it was a very small amount and appeared to be out... had checked on it again later and appeared to be fine. I came out about 2:30 in the afternoon and smoke was coming from that end of the building. I looked and there was no fire on the outside... the smoke was coming from between the siding and the foundation. I went inside where there was an office area on that end of the building... when I opened the door it flashed over... I ran outside and called 911... I started to get the hose but it was fouled... when I came back the seats on the motorcycles were smoking from the heat and in the building was already beyond saving and too hot to get to the bikes which which outside in front of the building. It took the fire department a bit to get there and then a bit longer to get water going. By the time they got water going the building and bikes both were pretty much gone.

Back