You're sitting on your penis

veloman said:
What's the most comfortable saddle in the picture?

I will be selling the ISM Century saddle. It still gave me issues, on soft tisse. The soft cutout saddle in back was what I was riding for a while, but that wasn't working either.

The white Kona saddle was great today, felt perfect, like it really support my tailbones and no other stuff. Perhaps it's because I angled it further down than the other two? Angle seems to be a huge factor. Angle your saddles nose down!

That reminds me that was the key for comfort when I was adjusting seat position.

You can all talk about all the various penial torture devices you refer to as "saddles" or "seats" and I will continue to breeze on by on my floating cloud of comfort, no neck, back, arm, hand shoulder or anything else soreness even after a long hard day of riding in the sun. 8)

39108784184_large.jpg

sashar401024.jpg

You can talk to me all you want about being "too low" or "too scary" but until you actually ride one, and realize that half of those objections are just myths and unfounded fears of the unknown, (or you're just riding a extreme low-racer) I will continue to smile quietly and shake my head, and THANK Rassy once again for enlightening me and showing me the way to true comfort (enlightenment .. OOOOMMMM! :mrgreen: .

And if you're not convinced after riding one of the more up-right recumbent bicycles, try a Rans Crank-Forward type bike.

Jerry+CF+2

All this discussion of how to make one of the ancient torture devices attached to your bikes less torturous will be gone from your mind. :wink:

LI-ghtcycle said:
You can all talk about all the various penial torture devices you refer to as "saddles" or "seats" and I will continue to breeze on by on my floating cloud of comfort, no neck, back, arm, hand shoulder or anything else soreness even after a long hard day of riding in the sun. 8)

39108784184_large.jpg

All this discussion of how to make one of the ancient torture devices attached to your bikes less torturous will be gone from your mind. :wink:

untill you try and ride that monstrosity down a trail like this... :p
04-MingVillage200910-dirt-trail.jpg

ill choose my ball tearer over your lawn chair anyday! :twisted:

One day I will have a nice low racer recumbent. I've tried an easy high racer and mid racer at Easy Street Recumbents here in Austin TX. The were super comfy, and the low bike felt fast once up to speed.

Unfortunetely, I just don't feel safe enough on them in this car world. If I had bikeways around here, then I'd have a ball hauling ass on a lowracer with no worries.

There is one guy here who rides a lowracer velomobile, yellow in color. I've seen him on the busiest streets, and he is certainly not hard to miss. People have said to me that they thought he had a motor since it goes so fast.

Once I get a full suspension mtn bike to transfer the electric stuff too, I'll be very comfortable.

sn0wchyld said:

Oh my mistake, I guess you prefer pain, I prefer an off-road recumbent!

I must say you are the first I have met to prefer a ball breaker over a bike that won't keep you from riding due to pain. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlgtut4d_Ow&feature=related

I'm talking Montana off road too! Some of the steepest mountain terrain you can find around in the Rockies. :twisted:

I'll be be in perfect comfort going down hill over trees (logs) and 2 - 3ft drops on a Lightfoot Cycles Big Foot. 8)

Samd said:
The recumbents are persistent in pointing out the spreading of the load across a wider acreage.
Perhaps one of these would also achieve some extra softening when hitting the bumps? Anyone tried one in conjunction with a butt friendly seat?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Sato...pt=AU_Sport_Cycling_Parts&hash=item230f0c5d93

Perhaps it might make all the 'differens'.

Ooo! It's penial pogo stick! :lol:

All in good fun, but honestly if your sitting on your sack, you just aren't using the right saddle. :wink:

A friend of mine has had great luck with a brooks saddle with that area of it cut out like this:

imperial_menandwomen.jpg

I use a brooks B72, and set at the correct angle, and all things equal, it won't be putting too much pressure in that area if you have the right saddle.

That being said, my butt is still pretty sore after 60 miles of riding on it, but on the recumbent I'm still perfectly comfortable. (My legs are tired, but nothing else is sore. :wink: )

LI-ghtcycle said:
sn0wchyld said:

I must say you are the first I have met to prefer a ball breaker over a bike that won't keep you from riding due to pain. :p

I'm talking Montana off road too! Some of the steepest mountain terrain you can find around in the Rockies. :twisted:

I'll be be in perfect comfort going down hill over trees (logs) and 2 - 3ft drops on a Lightfoot Cycles Big Foot. 8)

HA that thing is brilliant, imagine that with a 5404 in the rear wheel! its like the monster truck of the bike world.

I wouldnt have thought a offroad recumbent would be as capable/agile as a regular bike though...

You're not just sitting on your sack. You're sitting on your 'fact' (that bit between the two exit holes). I thought my question made sense....

Samd said:
You're not just sitting on your sack. You're sitting on your 'fact' (that bit between the two exit holes). I thought my question made sense....

That be the Gooch :p

I wouldn't mind riding whats riding the recumbent LI-ghtcycle posted above
as for riding the recumbent i dont have big enough aero belly and
beard as yet :mrgreen: ....maybe when/if i am 80 i will get one...pedal forward bikes
though are comfy... :wink:

KiM

sn0wchyld said:
LI-ghtcycle said:
sn0wchyld said:

HA that thing is brilliant, imagine that with a 5404 in the rear wheel! its like the monster truck of the bike world.

I wouldnt have thought a offroad recumbent would be as capable/agile as a regular bike though...

Yeah, they are pretty impressive, but if you're riding at speed doing a race or highly technical off-road, you really can't beat an up-right for body english to make things work or tricks, but it's amazing what some recumbent riders can do!

There is a great video of one rider going up-hill too, but I couldn't find it. :?

AussieJester said:
Samd said:

beard as yet :mrgreen: ....maybe when/if i am 80 i will get one...pedal forward bikes

KiM

Um you're dicks-lexic!

The title says "You're sitting on your penis", not "who's sitting on your penis" ! :oops: :p :lol:

And yes, she's pretty cute! :mrgreen:

Here is what the Europeans do with recumbents like my trike!
otherDoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh47ubjZFLE&feature=player_embedded#!

docnjoj said:
Here is what the Europeans do with recumbents like my trike!
otherDoc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh47ubjZFLE&feature=player_embedded#!

WOW that looks like fun! :D

That's 'cause they are crazy! I think that is a luge or bobsled run in winter.
otherDoc

I"m not sure I want to catch air while laying in a recumbent position. The course does look fun though.

LI-ghtcycle said:
AussieJester said:
Samd said:

KiM

Gooch? It's called a "Fact" because it's "the bit between the f*ckhole and the muckhole, and if you miss you're in the sh*t, and that's a fact!"

I actually had one of these and hated it because it made the bike harder to turn. And it always made me uncomfortable to ride with one hand and terrifying to ride with no hands. It made me realize how important that nose on the saddle is to control the way the bike leans when you turn.
slide_easyseat.jpg

I am selling an ISM Adamo Century saddle, used for only a week. I did not find it comfortable, but others have. $85 shipped in the US. PM me.

My own solution is to angle the nose of the saddle down about 1" below the rear. It takes all the pressure off the important area and puts it on my sit bones and more weight on my hands, but my hands only hurt a little after an hour on the bike which is quite rare. That is also likely due to how low my bars are.

I can sit on my saddle for long continuous periods without any discomfort.

Back