• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

You're sitting on your penis

I'm not sure if this was posted, but I picked up this saddle for $10 last weekend at the bike swap Frankenbike. "The Seat" is the name, or "The Ultimate Seat".

I've done 7 miles on it. It looks funky, but other than putting me too far forward, it's not a problem to ride at all. Very comfy with a full suspension bike. I THINK I may have solved my 'rough ride' problem with this. It's nice to not have the nose of a saddle smacking your nutz over every tiny bump in the road.

A+ so far. I just need to get a set back seatpost.

Attachments

• 810 123.jpg
    810 123.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 2,728
Kris B Krunch said:
I just ordered a Adamo Typhoon sadle, not a bad deal on ebay, I'll post my results after I recieve it and test it for a while.

typhoon-01.jpg

I have one of these on my test bike and am a convert for life. I also have the peak model which I like even better. 've done lots of miles on both and the difference between these and regular saddles is phenomenal.

I've tried the Adamo Road and Century saddles and couldn't get use to either. The Century definitely did not help comfort down there. And the Road was super hard on my sit bones. I took about a $50 loss on trying both, not too bad(resold them). I'm just glad I have saddles that work for me now.

If you are sitting on your penis you probably arent sitting on the saddle properly. Its called a saddle not a seat for a reason. Its really not supposed to take all of your weight for the entire duration of the journey. I notice that alot of so called comfy/commuter seats are nothing than just a bowl of padding which is nice to sit on for about 5 minutes but as soon as you start to cycle the foam/gel just gets in the way and squishes, rubs and bruises against all the parts of your bottom that you shouldnt be riding on.

anyways i have one of these

selle-sm-rolls-saddle-zoom.jpg

It took a while to get used to but now i love it. its tilted downwards slightly and my sitbones rest on the wider section of the seat at the top. Interesting thing is that its actually an old design from a few decades ago but they still make them. it was cheaper than the brooks for me as well :D

But ebiking is different than normal cycling for many riders because you aren't putting nearly as much pressure on the pedals and likely sitting more upright. In the case of the ebiker who doesn't pedal much, a "seat" like a motorcycle seat is more suited.

The "Seat" saddle I got is funny, I don't even feel the need to get off it over most bumps (with full suspension). I think it's a great ebiker saddle/seat, but wouldn't be surprised if it chaffs the legs if you pedal a lot for long distances. I love it so far.

The san marcos saddle can be a hit and miss. I have the white regular steel version and black ti rail version and the ti version slightly has a small curve that caused the penile erectile disfunction thing.

after trying saddles with indentation in the middle and a brookes , the san marcos are not missed. They were a good saddle a long time ago but not anymore in my opinion.

veloman said:
I've tried the Adamo Road and Century saddles and couldn't get use to either. The Century definitely did not help comfort down there. And the Road was super hard on my sit bones. I took about a $50 loss on trying both, not too bad(resold them). I'm just glad I have saddles that work for me now.

You have to put in about twenty miles on one before it feels right. The bones/muscles in your rear end probably aren't used to being sat on properly so it feels weird at first. It's also extremely important to set these saddles up correctly. If they're tilted up at the nose at all, they're very uncomfortable and strange feeling.

mdd0127 said:
veloman said:

You have to put in about twenty miles on one before it feels right. The bones/muscles in your rear end probably aren't used to being sat on properly so it feels weird at first. It's also extremely important to set these saddles up correctly. If they're tilted up at the nose at all, they're very uncomfortable and strange feeling.

Yeah I put at least 50 miles on both, even had the nose slightly down. Just not for me. I find that tilting the nose down a lot on most normal saddles works okay. But again, nothing like this new funky seat does the job.

Give this a try. You won't regret it.

Sent using Endless-Sphere Mobile app

i was never "sitting on my penis"
However, some times I was sitting on my testicles, with well-known results.
I no longer have a saddle seat. I have a comfy chair where my testicles clear the edge of the seat. yaa

A large portion of your penis is inside you so you probably were sitting on it.

That statement could be misconstrued easily. :oops:

90% of people just have poorly fitted bikes, not poor seats. In short, they are sitting on them wrong.

Wrong height, usually waaaaay too low, wrong angles too. Even if you don't pedal, you should be standing on the pedals a lot. Then they wear the wrong clothing for long rides.

I ride an upright hard tail. On any givin ride Im standing up 25-50% of the time, probably because I know every little bump around here and am fairly agressive (I like to muck around and make the ride fun when I ride, hopping curbs and such).
My non-ebike cruiser has a Brooks B72 leather saddle, probably the most comfortable saddle Ive ever rode on but takes about a year to properly break in! :shock:

dogman wrote:90% of people just have poorly fitted bikes, not poor seats.

I agree with dogman. In addition to fitting one has to look at the whole bike for overall comfort. Shocks, FS, Thudbusters, handlebar grips and/or tape, padded gloves to distribute the weight. Usually need a century ride or longer to tell which seats work best. The better seats take longer to break in (Brooks and others).

index-pic.jpg

That list on no-nose.com is great.

The one thing I don't like about mine is that it puts me too far forward.

My name is icecube and I am fluffy and I tend to have rectal roid irritation and discomfort after long 40+ mile rides. (waves as if its an AA meeting). I often find myself side saddling or riding one one cheek to ease the discomfort. Its a burden that last for week or so. Medicated pads soothe my brown eye as i long for a cure My taint aches with every thy rubbing ste. Heaven forbid i have as Super Sonic Breakfast burrito with Jalepenos... I cry and die a little on the inside everytime i sit ... In this is a sad truth and comedic humor.. you sort through the bs. I thought about a thud buster... Gel seats are uncomfortable to pedal. I havent tried a brooks saddle.. There is a netting style seat that i hear maybe the ticket.. any other idears...

Do you like how I sing a love song...
Do you like Vincent Van Gogh...
I walk the streets alone at midnight..
I wanted you to know...

icecube57 said:
My name is icecube and I am fluffy and I tend to have rectal roid irritation and discomfort after long 40+ mile rides. (waves as if its an AA meeting). I often find myself side saddling or riding one one cheek to ease the discomfort. Its a burden that last for week or so. Medicated pads soothe my brown eye as i long for a cure My taint aches with every thy rubbing ste. Heaven forbid i have as Super Sonic Breakfast burrito with Jalepenos... I cry and die a little on the inside everytime i sit ... In this is a sad truth and comedic humor.. you sort through the bs. I thought about a thud buster... Gel seats are uncomfortable to pedal. I havent tried a brooks saddle.. There is a netting style seat that i hear maybe the ticket.. any other idears...

Do you like how I sing a love song...
Do you like Vincent Van Gogh...
I walk the streets alone at midnight..
I wanted you to know...

You need a seat like the on the Giant Revive:

giant_revive.jpg

This thread made me make a conscious effort to check the situation down there during a ride today. I have a normal, traditional shape saddle, mounted horizontal. Nothing soft seems to be bearing any weight on the nose. All my weight seems to be on the sit bones (verified by the fact that these are the only spots that get sore on a long ride).

This may be because of my fairly upright riding position and/or I seem to have fairly narrow sit bones. It's a slightly odd thing to say, but I can sit quite comfortably on a fence post.

As they always say, your mileage may vary!

If cycling had ever given me pins and needles in the cock I doubt I'd have done it twice...

Punx0r said:
This thread made me make a conscious effort to check the situation down there during a ride today. I have a normal, traditional shape saddle, mounted horizontal. Nothing soft seems to be bearing any weight on the nose. All my weight seems to be on the sit bones (verified by the fact that these are the only spots that get sore on a long ride).

This may be because of my fairly upright riding position and/or I seem to have fairly narrow sit bones. It's a slightly odd thing to say, but I can sit quite comfortably on a fence post.

As they always say, your mileage may vary!

If cycling had ever given me pins and needles in the cock I doubt I'd have done it twice...

Trust your junk!

But I hear the argument for a no nose saddle if you are in it ALL DAY like a bike cop is likely to be. I am fortunate to sit 8-9 hours in an executive chair, but even that gets "old" and I have to "switch it up" from time to time. I would want the plushest, least constrictive saddle if I had to be in it 6+ hours.

I will vouch for the Hobson EasySeat.

Traditional saddles turned me off bikes completely for several years. Wanting to get back to it I started researching ergonomic saddles. With my background in human anatomy the noseless principle advocated by Hobson made intuitive sense, and I bought one.

Once you get the 3-axis adjustment dialled in it really is quite perfect. No pressure anywhere but the ischial tuberosities. each pad even flexes independently of the other, maintaining perfect support when pedalling.

I'm a big guy with a mostly upright riding position. The Hobson seat is quite small, yet perfectly comfortable for me. I am NOT changing back, despite being ridiculed by uppity bike purists here.

Electrifying the beast just rounds out the comfort issue perfectly. :)

I totally did that the other day. My junk was pretty numb.

I absolutely agree that if someone is hurting their squidgy bits they should try a better/different seat. I would!

Back