Transmagnetics 4-7Kw Motor

evolutiongts

10 kW
Finally my motor has arrived took about a 1 month since its a custom wind from the factory. Mid drive single speed.

Very light 8lbs. Very narrow 3inch wide. Custom wound for 5000RPM @96V. 4-7Kw. This will be replacing the big block. Comes stock with 10awg phase wires. Motor is pre-drilled and comes with internal cooling fan.

1617594_10204304772995550_4276597460627706940_o.jpg

11270071_10204304772955549_3538073947446283326_o.jpg

11221858_10204304772915548_153374983871202530_o.jpg

nutspecial said:
Oh damnit the rest of us are just getting the bht goin! :eek:

Why is probably my biggest question. Besides the apparent smaller width, what are the benefits/details?

Ps, it looks hotter than a june bride in a feather bed!

Better cooling, this is going to be for track duty. BHT was overheating after 5 laps, 4950w burst.

Transmagnetics has higher continous power, higher RPM, internal cooling fan, slightly lighter. More power. And dead sexy. Custom wind for my application.

duffmanaudio said:
What controller are you gonna use & are you gonna put your pedals on. I am just about done my cx project & don't really like my motor. It looks like this would be a direct replacement

I am currently using the BHT motor in my mongoose CX its almost perfect but not enough top end for me.

Motor costed $450 but its custom wind for track use. 5000RPM @96V

speedmd said:
Thanks for posting this. How much torque? What is the kv and do you have any plots showing its performance? You got our interest. :shock: Looks to be perfect for a light weight build.

This is for their 5" motor, @48V. Mine's is custom wound for 5000rpm at 96V.

5inch5.png

I'm gearing for 50mph top speed

evolutiongts said:
I'm gearing for 50mph top speed

If you have a controller with field weakening you could gear a bit lower and use the field weakening to extend the top speed for straight away use. This would provide more acceleration due to the shorter gearing. Just tossing it out there as an option.

With 50 MPH top end (no field weakening) and +7kW the acceleration should be pretty good.

Thats a good idea, I have one of your sabvoton controllers and it should pair well with the transmagnetics motor. 10awg phase wires as stock.

Damn, that's an impressive little motor for the size and weight. I'm glad you finally got your hands on one. What did it involve?
I'm thinking that this would be real nice for a slower speed e-motorcycle conversion.

neptronix said:
Damn, that's an impressive little motor for the size and weight. I'm glad you finally got your hands on one. What did it involve?
I'm thinking that this would be real nice for a slower speed e-motorcycle conversion.

A lot of emails, phone calls, and a check. This would be even more powerful than the BHT motor.

I'm curious how much more power it is really capable of?
6kw for bht or transmag geared to the same speed- we know the weight, size, and cooling go to the transmag!
Simply staying cooler will result in more energy to the wheel. . .

It'll be very exciting to see you put it thru the paces op! Any eta on the new motor mount and gearing being ready?

as always, we need Rm and Kv/Kt to determine "how much" motor there is. Miles (guess so) defined this constant to compare motors of different Kv and Rm on their ability to produce torque. It's Km = Kt/sqrt(Rm)

in terms of acceleration: It all depends on phase current limit. I would rather disclaim field weakening. Instead i'd go for a slightly bigger controller and higher KV. Battery current will stay the same, but you gain better high speed efficiency (i think). I really dont get what field weakening may be good for as controller loss is so small even for low duty cycles (i think)

crossbreak said:
Miles (guess so) defined this constant to compare motors of different Kv and Rm on their ability to produce torque.
Nio it's not my constant! :)

Ref: http://control.com/thread/1026217558

Attachments

• Practical use of the motor constant Km.pdf
    72.7 KB · Views: 181
First test runs

[youtube]bn3TTZZSw9g[/youtube]

[youtube]j7REXGlPiUM[/youtube]

I can tell from spinning up many motors over the years... that that thing has some serious kick to it for it's size.
Excited to see what will come of it :)

neptronix said:
I can tell from spinning up many motors over the years... that that thing has some serious kick to it for it's size.
Excited to see what will come of it :)

Oh yeah this motor is going on the mongoose, gearing for 50-60mph. Just need to fab up the motor mounts.

Back