350w geared mini (e-bikekit or ampedbikes)

tuxman

100 W
I just replaced my damaged Bafang BPM2 with a 350w mini from e-bikekit. It arrived in 3 days! $200 laced! Thanks e-bikekit!

4.7 to 1 gear ratio
36v (17.5 MPH) / 48v (24 MPH)
36v (350-450w) / 48v (up to 750w)
7 pounds unlaced
Up to 7 Speed freewheel
6-bolt ISO disk brake
Latest version has a single round plug containing both the halls and phase wires.
Special spanner required to open the motor.

Has a noticeable growl at take off, but quiets down once moving. Very light weight and very small. Ideal for bicyclist looking for assist.

Using my stock iZip Zuma 25a controller and 36v li-ion battery pack, the 350w mini was no slouch when compared to the Bafang BPM2 that it replaced. It did really well on my 5 mile commute of 4% grade rolling hills. Handled my short 16% grade hill at WOT combined with my full pedal power with ease and was fun to say the least. Sure, not as quick off the line, but once it gets going it holds a steady pace. If given the choice, go 48v, up to 20a. Overall, very satisfied. A good entry level motor that can handle 900w easy.

IMAG0138.JPG

IMAG0137.JPG

And now you know why i went to the MAC motor.

You really need >1000 watts to climb hills at a decent speed.

I love the size of the motor . I may have to get one

Do you find that your lowest gear is "low enough"

I mean, can your pedal strokes keep up with the hub motor at full throttle with a 14T?

I see your using 36 volts so it won't be quite as fast as my build, but just curious. I'm running a 13T low and it was recommended to get an 11T for high speed riding.

Your thoughts about this hub and your gearing??

shock said:
Do you find that your lowest gear is "low enough"

I mean, can your pedal strokes keep up with the hub motor at full throttle with a 14T?

I see your using 36 volts so it won't be quite as fast as my build, but just curious. I'm running a 13T low and it was recommended to get an 11T for high speed riding.

Your thoughts about this hub and your gearing??

1) yes; 44T x 14T @ 80 rpm cadence = 20mph
2) yes; on flats, but it's rare that I use the 14T because majority hills
3) 44T x 11T @ 80 rpm = 24mph; use the calculator http://cycleseven.org/bicycle-gear-inch-calculator
4) I wouldn't push this motor to hard, slowly ramp up your throttle at take off.

Very happy with the gearing, it's well matched and fun to pedal along with it on the hills.

Is this the same as my Ampedbike's motor I got from Hightekbikes labeled as the "Mini Mite (Might)"?
IMG_0890.JPG

IMG_0877.JPG

Yours looks very similar and is disk brake compatible like mine which is a bit of a rare feature. The size is super small like mine too. Also from Ampedbike's. Hmmm....does anybody know if this is the same one? https://hightekbikes.com/shop/index...oducts_id=10&zenid=ltg37b0jdjem2vph57bocvl867 The Bafang motor is grey though isn't it? Just color's different? All else is the same? There doesn't seem to be many people that have this, so I was wondering what everyone else thought of it. Reviews anyone?

Wow, that's crazy how you were able to find that photo! Thanks for loading it up here. So I guess I can assume it's the same motor that I have.

I have the mini-might. It's definitely no comparison to a bigger motor, either DD or geared, in terms of power or speed, but it's nice for its small size. I wish it has a little better top speed but that's all for the better because it helps keep me 100% stealthy.

At 20A and 48V it gets super hot on hills. I pedal a decent amount, and I can ride around on flats full throttle pretty much indefinitely, but if you have long, steady climbing, I'd really take it easy on it. It's pretty much dead silent, which is much better than expected, and having such a small package is nice for keeping bike weight down -- I often carry it up flights of stairs.

Thanks for the warning. I'll definitely lay off the throttle more on the hills. With assist and pedaling, it seems okay so far. I have no intention of using throttle only to climb the hills.

Back off 75-80%, meaning use only 20-25% throttle?

Back