36V10Ah LiFePO4 Battery with a 24v 250w hub and a 24v 20ah c

lc_60

1 mW
Can I use a 36V10Ah LiFePO4 Battery with a 24v 20 ah controller and a 24v 250 w cute hub motor?

If it is possible what do you think about the 36V10Ah LiFePO4 Battery 38120 Battery Pack with Carrier from BMSBATTERY?

Likely you can if the controller has at least 50 volt capacitors inside. If the little cans inside are only marked with 30v, then they'll blow up on 36v.

But it's fairly likely they used a less expensive cap for a 24v controller, since 24v is rarely much more than 28v actual.

The controller is a mini 24v rated to max 14 ah (in the manual they say the max is 20ah) and the hardware is imerged in a gely thing. I took some photos:

View attachment 1
Controlador Wayscral 300_4.jpg

And there are tree little capacitors, one up as 10/50v/vs, the one down as 33/16v/vs, and there's one in the left almost under the big one that I can't see what's in it, and the big one on the left up corner only have SD 105ºC and under it 1011(M).

I tried to put the photos with a better resolution but it gets too eavy.

I think like Dogman said, it's not probable that it can handle the 36 volts.

Thank you

lc_60 said:
Can I use a 36V10Ah LiFePO4 Battery with a 24v 20 ah controller and a 24v 250 w cute hub motor?

If it is possible what do you think about the 36V10Ah LiFePO4 Battery 38120 Battery Pack with Carrier from BMSBATTERY?
I have one of those batteries and I'm drawing 25 amps continuous from it. There's a bit of sag - maybe two volts. I doesn't seem quite as good as their 12aH one, which I also have. The 12aH one only sags about 1v at 20A and seems to have more capacity than 12AH. It doesn't come with a charger, so you have to order one separately.
http://www.bmsbattery.com/packs/154-36v-12ah-38140-lifepo4-battery-12-cells-ebike-battery-pack.html

It would've been nice to see in the other end of your controller to see if the shunt is nicely exposed. I'm sure that your controller will only draw 14 amps the way it's set. You need to add some solder to the shunt to get it up to 18 amps, which is as far as I'd go for a 24v Cute Q100. It should manage 36v, but why not order a 36v KU63 at the same time as your battery. The shipping cost should be the same, so it's only $15 extra. If your controller goes pop, you'll have to pay $30 for a replacement with shipping cost.

is the capacitor with the 50V on it next to the end where the big red wire goes into the pcb?

is the other one with 16V on it next to the mosfet?

you may be able to use the 36V lifepo4 pack if it has the 50V cap on the input. but the power resistor may be too small and need upped a little. is there some way to open it up and take better pictures and read what the color bands are on the input power resistor?

if it is open you could put the battery on it and see how high the 12V rail climbs too. it should be ok though.

Back