Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Cricket_Swe said:
icherouveim said:
For me none of the other brands are even close to adapttos technology

What about Mobipus?

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86225

I have read about this controller, they are very powerful but for me they are bulky, the connections are
In the middle of the controller and the wires are exposed. The shape is not suitable for slim frames like the flux beta for example. Also they don't come with a screen and if you add all the extra costs for it, a powerful charger (not a power supply) as doctor bass said plus an expensive BMS if you want to be able to monitor your cells then the cost is much higher and at the end you don't have a sophisticate controller.

If you have a big frame to install it inside and you don't mind about the screen then you just push the throttle and you go.
If you like to do trips like I do , I want to be able to check-change every parameter to reach my destination.
It's a pity that many users have problems with configuration even about this for me adaptto is the winner.

Lets hope the next generation will be better with the configuration as they say

Good points. Let's hope the new adaptto comes out before New year or around that time. And that it doesn't have any issues

there is a lot of cryptic talk sometimes on the forums, could people just tell it as it is like what the hell does back to OEM even mean, lets keep the forums for everyone not just people that have an advanced diploma in ebike theory.

Volts said:
lets keep the forums for everyone not just people that have an advanced diploma in ebike theory.
LOL :lol: - that's what seems to be the problem with Adaptto controllers...you either need a motor with perfectly positioned/functioning halls sensors or the diploma in ebike theory to get the dam thing working properly with not so perfect hall sensor signals.

Cheers

Volts said:
there is a lot of cryptic talk sometimes on the forums, could people just tell it as it is like what the hell does back to OEM even mean, lets keep the forums for everyone not just people that have an advanced diploma in ebike theory.

OEM has nothing to do with ebikes, it means original equipment manufacturer. In this case, it means, they will only sell to companies that manufacture e-vehicles.

Quokka said:
Soldout everywhere. Doesnt sound like they will do another run. I am swapping out for the new 36 fett sabvoton 72200

Maybe this is because they will be releasing the new model?

I doubt they would just stop the business as I"m sure it was very profitable for them.

They are still in Russia and still in business. Sent my mini to em around the 1st of august and they've fixed it , now I'm only waiting on the mail. I'm thinking that they've been overwhelmed by a lot of BS from a lot of people and minimized their communications force. I look forward to the new generation ADAPTTO.

douglashart said:
They are still in Russia and still in business. Sent my mini to em around the 1st of august and they've fixed it , now I'm only waiting on the mail. I'm thinking that they've been overwhelmed by a lot of BS from a lot of people and minimized their communications force. I look forward to the new generation ADAPTTO.

is there any "gossip" about release dates or at least some infos ?

Hello sorry to interrupt here, i have a mid-e and this weekend tried it on a cyclone 8kw motor at 50 volts.
It works but afther a few minutes the controller gets very hot an shuts down?
Is there something wrong in the settings of the controller?

sorry if you guys already went thru this...so i got my controller set up for anti-theft mode...got a password....how do i activate it?....controller turns off after 120 seconds but it does not go into anti theft mode or even ask for the password :?:

I used adaptto on one of my e-bike for almost half a year. I tried tune my adaptto a dozen times, but when i compare with sabvoton is a disaster. Adaptto with qs 205 v3 getting hot fast, when sabvoton has no problem. Below you have a link with a comparison. My friend record this movie with me and couple friends. We use
thermal imaging camera. This film is no edit.
Why is so much difference? I build a few bike on adaptto, every time the same thing with overheating. I tried with my friends many tune options, But that does not help much.

Halfway adaptto is overheating 140 C sabvoton has 80 C. Adaptto and sabvoton has the same amp battery, phase amp.
In this clip 3 bikes has sabovotn(red, yellow, and white), green has adaptto midi-e.

[youtube]DeEZCIqg_Jg[/youtube]

[youtube]ITVx-2qwcNs[/youtube]

PHOTOS AFTER RIDE WITH the same route, speed weight of rider ~80kg, weight e-bike ~60kg. The same hub motor qs 205v3.
When adaptto on thermal camera has ~48 C inside 120-140 C,
sabvoton thermal camera ~40 C inside 80-100C.

59a7175879eec.jpg

http://nexun.pl/foto/upload/big/2017/08/30/59a7175879eec.jpg
59a717800faf1.jpg

http://nexun.pl/foto/upload/big/2017/08/30/59a717800faf1.jpg

Interesting find!

May I know which model of sabvoton you're using? is it the SVMC (long rectangle) or SSC (squarish - new generation)? Also, is it the 72080, 72150, or the 72200 version?

I believe the sabvotons (up to 72150) are 24 mosfet controllers (72200 new release uses 36 mosfets) - whereas from confirmation above, the midi-e is only 12 mosfets. Albeit, the adapttos use superior mosfets vs. what sabvoton uses. Not sure how this impacts the performance comparison.

I recall reading that one user had to manual fine tune the adapttos to prevent it from running the motor hot (but cannot for the life of me, remember which thread)

I use svmc 72150, but i Don't Have a problem with controller temp. Adaptto midi e temp is around 40- 56 C max(75a battery current, phase 160a) when sabvoton has max 55 C with the same amp battery and phase. On hot sunny day.

Ap0fls, that is interesting with the heat. Are you 100% sure you are pushing the same phase amps?

Do you have OVS set the same on both controllers? OVS really overheats the motor. Does Sabvotan have OVS?

What about PWR setting, this makes a huge difference in acceleration and how powerful the motor feels, I assume this means it causes more heat. Is this set the same on both controllers?

I would compare both bikes for how the power feels, or dyno the bikes or something.

There is a chance that the adaptto could be running the motor with more power that is causing it to heat more.

I guess logically - the motors compared being the same (model, # of turns, etc), the only reason the motor would be hotter compared to the others is if the controller is pushing more phase amps into it (the motor never sees battery amps) Would be interesting to see the curve of the actual motor phase amps between the controllers (not sure how to do that though)

Speaking of which - completely different topic - related to the Adaptto BMS

Need to pick the brains of the Adaptto owners in the thread. I'm actually assembling a fresh battery pack (which I plan to switch around my bikes - and only one uses Adaptto.)

If I use Adaptto BMS, do I need to use the Adaptto charging coil in order for the BMS to work?

The plan is to use Adaptto BMS and Cycle Satiator charging connector.

My thought is that as long as the battery & BMS is connected to the controller (hence powering the controller) - then the BMS function - including the balancing would work right?

Many thanks in advance!

korpin said:
sorry if you guys already went thru this...so i got my controller set up for anti-theft mode...got a password....how do i activate it?....controller turns off after 120 seconds but it does not go into anti theft mode or even ask for the password :?:

I I would advise against anti theft mode. There have been cases where motors got toasted with this feature.
Newer firmwares even excluded this function and it is only present in the unlocked firmwares.

Back