Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Thanks guys, I dont know if you can see in the pic but I have a variable thumb on the left bars for regen braking. I've basically got the whole bike put together but I'm waiting on the battery before it'll go anywhere.

ride the lightning, mini-e was what my budget allowed for at the time. Maybe adaptto can sponsor me a max-e and I'll take great product photo's for them ;)

I have the feeling this hobby is going to be addictive so I'll likely be building a second bike. I'd like to pick a frame that is a bit easier to squeeze in lots of batteries and go with a max-e on the next one.

Just dropping in to say that we have been running two bikes with Max-e and TC80 motors without any issues. My bike odometer reads 950KM and the other reads 450KM. Both are run daily pulling peak 8.1KW.

cwah said:
Is there an easy way to take out the adapto from the bike so I can charge the battery at home and let the bike outside?

I live in a small flat

Just unplug the battery and take it inside. Two xt150's, typically.

Yes of course I can just take the battery in. But I meant if I use the coil from adaptto, does it also need to take the whole display? And if I need to take the display, how is it to dismount?

Forget it, you can only do onboard charging. Controller needs display and a motor connected to it for charging your battery. Do like every poor russian does(including me) take it to the flat.
Or buy extra controller and motor and set it up at home as a charging station, if you do then you are crazy : )) and i would never leave a home made bike outside in northern climate, unless you want to have a rusty dead bike.

What is the name of the plugs that adappto uses. I want a second one for connecting my spare hall sensors

lennovich said:
What is the name of the plugs that adappto uses. I want a second one for connecting my spare hall sensors
Fairly certain its these http://www.connectorllt.cn/productgrouplist-215643598/M14_Waterproof_Connector.html can Adaptto Confirm?

lennovich said:
Hello Guys,

Did the first testride with my vector + cro v3 + Max e, it rides verry good but my topspeed is a poor 62kmu, In boost mode i set all to the max. I can not go further of 127 battery amps in the settings. Is this normal?
I hit max 7,5 kw ,is it possible that my settings or hardware are not good. Why i cant go to 140 amps? If i calculate i push only about 100 amps out of the max e...
I drive on 20s lipo multistar 16ah on 26" wheels.
It pulls pretty good but i "expect" a little more :D ,my hs3420 in my cannondale runs 60kmu on 75 volts.

What have you got the OVS setting set to ?, as this will give you more top end speed if the voltage isn't enough to get you there alone.

xenodius said:
Just got my Max-E back from repair for... well, I still don't know what was wrong or how it was fixed but they worked their magic fast. Haven't opened it up. But when I got it back, it was running older firmware and my total stats had been cleared.

And it works! However, I'm having some interesting issues. It flashes PROTECT briefly, with loss of power, when accelerating hard; I can pull as much as 90 battery amps without having it cut out, but only at a good clip. I have to really baby the heck out of it off the line. I've checked all the settings and I'm not sure what's causing it.

I even tried moving my phase wires away from the halls/temp line in case that was causing some fault, though I'd expect OVH/HALLS errors in that case. No dice.

I flashed the latest firmware, reset all the settings... still no dice.

Thoughts?

Great looking bike, wingsuit!! Here's a link to a calculator made by swbluto, I used to have data for the Cro in there but I can't find it right now. Resistance, I think is 44.5 ohms... inductance is pretty low. Kv is 9.3.

Here's the calc: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rb12poa9rie87h3/AADcSzo-F6k0GXOdJWEZohL3a?dl=0

You dont have anything plugged into your USB port on the controller do you ?, I found that charging my Iphone 5 the controller would go into protect mode if I gave it too much throttle, if I want to charge it now, I just leave the bike on and plug the phone in whilst having a coffee, its like having a portable AC outlet with you lol.

crea2k said:
xenodius said:
Just got my Max-E back from repair for... well, I still don't know what was wrong or how it was fixed but they worked their magic fast. Haven't opened it up. But when I got it back, it was running older firmware and my total stats had been cleared.

And it works! However, I'm having some interesting issues. It flashes PROTECT briefly, with loss of power, when accelerating hard; I can pull as much as 90 battery amps without having it cut out, but only at a good clip. I have to really baby the heck out of it off the line. I've checked all the settings and I'm not sure what's causing it.

I even tried moving my phase wires away from the halls/temp line in case that was causing some fault, though I'd expect OVH/HALLS errors in that case. No dice.

I flashed the latest firmware, reset all the settings... still no dice.

Thoughts?

Great looking bike, wingsuit!! Here's a link to a calculator made by swbluto, I used to have data for the Cro in there but I can't find it right now. Resistance, I think is 44.5 ohms... inductance is pretty low. Kv is 9.3.

Here's the calc: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/rb12poa9rie87h3/AADcSzo-F6k0GXOdJWEZohL3a?dl=0

You dont have anything plugged into your USB port on the controller do you ?, I found that charging my Iphone 5 the controller would go into protect mode if I gave it too much throttle, if I want to charge it now, I just leave the bike on and plug the phone in whilst having a coffee, its like having a portable AC outlet with you lol.

Nope, but I talked to them and they told me to solder a 30k ohm SMD on top of another resistor, or, since i just got it back for repair, to pay shipping both ways. I should be getting 5,000 resistors in the mail today :)

Just received my controller from repair. That was fast! So what are best settings for max-e with cromotor v3? I dont fully trust autodetect.

Today I split my 74V pack in two and I was curious if I could ride with it. So I plugged it in, one 37V35Ah brick.
The battery was almost empty, 35V (42V fully charged)
The bike felt really light, only 6Kg worth of batteries, The motor is Crystalyte 5403.
I still had old controller settings, like 130DC Amps and 400phase amps. I recorded 4,4kW of power and top speed of 62km/h on OVS 5 This is on almost empty battery, not to shabby!
file.php

I have a question about BMS. I have connected 2nd set of 4 cells to BMS and BMS became very hot (can't hold it in hand) and 2 red lights shine.. I think there is a problem there. My question is if it's possible to skip the 2nd set of 4 cells nest on BMS and connect to the 3rd one instead?
Here are the pictures:

Thank you in advance.

On another thread Stealth thread it has been suggested that the Adaptto mini is a good replacement for an 18 FET Xie Chang controller due to better efficiency of the Adaptto. and that I'd get as good performance with the 3kW - 5kW Adaptto as I do running at about 9-10 kW with the Xie Chang

I always considered I need the Max-E controller but since what I have been hearing on the other thread about their efficiency I wondered what sort of Wh/mile I could expect with the following setup, with a Mini-E controller giving me the same performance.

The bike is a standard MTM
26 inch MTB wheels
2 inch road tyres
5304 Xlyte
18 FET Lyen with settings:
120 battery
300 phase.
72-84volts 20 series Lipo
Current peaks of 128 -130 amps with Block time at zero Occasionally run at 98 volts (24s Lipo)
On a daily commute I do about 20 miles, top speeds up to 38-40 mph
this uses about 12-14 Ah out of my pack
For the first few hundred pack cycles I noted each and every Wh/mile figure on the CA.
They ranged from 38-to about 65 when really viscous with that throttle

When run at 24 series (98 volts0 , I have seen 140 amps peaks and still accelerating at 55 mph..

I always thought the Adaptto too expensive since I was going to need the Max-E controller, but if I can get the same speeds and performance with a Mini-E, at the much great efficiency as hinted at in the Stealth thread, then I could halve my pack size down to 10Ah and the reduced cost of the battery pack would cover the extra cost of the Adaptto.

So Wh/mile figures from a similar setup would be appreciated...I may go Adaptto after all on the next build

I have the following setup;

MXUS 4t v1
19" moto rims
20s 10ah lipo 72-84v
Amp limit - 59amps
Adaptto Mini
Adaptto BMS
Top speed - 46mph.

I would be very surprised if the performance of mine was on par to yours Neil.

With those figures you would certainly be looking at a Max-E.

Ill check my Wh/mile this eve, but 50% of my journey is climbing up a large hill.

NeilP said:
On another thread Stealth thread it has been suggested that the Adaptto mini is a good replacement for an 18 FET Xie Chang controller due to better efficiency of the Adaptto. and that I'd get as good performance with the 3kW - 5kW Adaptto as I do running at about 9-10 kW with the Xie Chang

I always considered I need the Max-E controller but since what I have been hearing on the other thread about their efficiency I wondered what sort of Wh/mile I could expect with the following setup, with a Mini-E controller giving me the same performance.

The bike is a standard MTM
26 inch MTB wheels
2 inch road tyres
5304 Xlyte
18 FET Lyen with settings:
120 battery
300 phase.
72-84volts 20 series Lipo
Current peaks of 128 -130 amps with Block time at zero Occasionally run at 98 volts (24s Lipo)
On a daily commute I do about 20 miles, top speeds up to 38-40 mph
this uses about 12-14 Ah out of my pack
For the first few hundred pack cycles I noted each and every Wh/mile figure on the CA.
They ranged from 38-to about 65 when really viscous with that throttle

When run at 24 series (98 volts0 , I have seen 140 amps peaks and still accelerating at 55 mph..

I always thought the Adaptto too expensive since I was going to need the Max-E controller, but if I can get the same speeds and performance with a Mini-E, at the much great efficiency as hinted at in the Stealth thread, then I could halve my pack size down to 10Ah and the reduced cost of the battery pack would cover the extra cost of the Adaptto.

So Wh/mile figures from a similar setup would be appreciated...I may go Adaptto after all on the next build

Dear NeilP,

Sacko is right. With such characteristics you'd better look at Max-E. In fact, you'll be able to ride with Mini-e even up to 50 mph but you'll definitely feel the difference in terms of acceleration.
There were some cases when our clients used such motors with Mini-E but they used additional heat-sink - which is already not very convenient.

All the best!

Back